Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Can you Jumpseat on Empire?

Tumbleweed
03-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi folks,
I've never had the pleasure of jump-seating with freight. Now I'm nearing my wife's due date and I need to explore additional exit strategies in the event I need to get home ASAP if I'm on the road. The issue is I'll be most limited in the evening in outstations such as ACV, RDD or OXR. Is it possible to hop on a Empire or Am-Flight? If so do you simply list using the FedEx number (800) 544-9044 (the # a FedEx pilot gave me) or UPS (800) 228-2739. Also, is there anywhere you can find schedules or are those kept under wraps for security reasons? Info on riding on FedEx and UPS would be appreciated too as I might get stuck in a hub. Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated!

bozobigtop
03-06-2010, 08:56 AM
I believe you have to contact empire or amflight, and with empire the jumpseat is on the ATR.

MaydayMark
03-06-2010, 09:00 AM
FYI ... no international jumpseats on FedEx, not even for CASS guys ... sorry, wish it were different

Tumbleweed
03-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I need to get to PHX so I guess LAX or ONT would be my best bet. Is there anything from SFO to PHX or would I need to go SFO-LAX or SFO-ONT first for a sort?

refplusnone
03-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Sadly EA does not go from SFO to PHX. We have a bunch of 208's in PHX but no way to get from where you are to PHX. Best of luck!!

Ref

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1