Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

MacMan
03-06-2010, 07:56 PM
The actual cost of the scheduled deadhead ticket that corporate travel has issued me is almost $100 more than the accepted fare on the pairing in VIPS. Anyone know what number will be used for the expense report?

Adlerdriver
03-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Accepted fare. You may now return to the desert island you've been on for the last few years. :D;)

frozenboxhauler
03-06-2010, 08:42 PM
The actual cost of the scheduled deadhead ticket that corporate travel has issued me is almost $100 more than the accepted fare on the pairing in VIPS. Anyone know what number will be used for the expense report?

Are you deviating?
fbh

PicF16
03-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Adlerdriver is so quick to be sarcastic...
I had five examples of that over the last year. My actual cost of the ticket was higher than the accepted fare. Each and every time, my bank was raised to cover the actual fare without having to do anything out of the ordinary on my part. If you were deviating, that's another matter...
______
Wherever you go, there you are...

The Walrus
03-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I had five examples of that over the last year. My actual cost of the ticket was higher than the accepted fare. Each and every time, my bank was raised to cover the actual fare without having to do anything out of the ordinary on my part. If you were deviating, that's another matter...
______
Wherever you go, there you are...

Well of course it was raised if you were not deviating. If you are not deviating it doesn't make a rats arse.

Gunter
03-07-2010, 04:04 AM
If you don't deviate the real cost is what you get to spend. Accepted fare does not apply to you. Your approved fare is adjusted upward an unlimited amount. A deviator must use the accepted fare no matter how ridiculously low it is. The approved fare column will snap back to the accepted fare when you deviate if it was above the accepted fare.

Side note -

GT and baggage fees are taken care of when you don't deviate. A deviator must spend part of their accepted fare on them. Is this another handshake deal to take care of the MEM boys? At the deviator's expense?

Born2AV8
03-07-2010, 04:40 AM

Like Alderdriver said, you too can return to the island. The only thing that ever matters bank wise is when actual cost is equal to or less than accepted fare deviating or scheduled.

MacMan
03-07-2010, 05:22 AM
I have never not deviated and I've always been able to make my bank work one way or another, hence the ignorance. I was considering whether to deviate or not this time, though, because I could do it within a reasonable amount of time/effort and that $100 would have made a difference whether I owe them money. I kind of expected the answer I got..but what struck me was the absurdity of the notion that if I applied that same rule that they would use for me as a deviator and didn't deviate, I would then owe them money!

viperdriver
03-07-2010, 06:14 AM
I thought if someone on the trip flew the scheduled deadhead they would update your bank to that higher fare. Is that right?

Fly FDX
03-07-2010, 06:53 AM
I thought if someone on the trip flew the scheduled deadhead they would update your bank to that higher fare. Is that right?
Yes, they will update the bank if you fly the SCHEDULED, they won't update if you deviate.

Busboy
03-07-2010, 07:11 AM

They will only update the person's bank that flew the scheduled D/H. Not the whole crew.

frozenboxhauler
03-07-2010, 07:44 AM
I have never not deviated and I've always been able to make my bank work one way or another, hence the ignorance. I was considering whether to deviate or not this time, though, because I could do it within a reasonable amount of time/effort and that $100 would have made a difference whether I owe them money. I kind of expected the answer I got..but what struck me was the absurdity of the notion that if I applied that same rule that they would use for me as a deviator and didn't deviate, I would then owe them money!

welcome to the current fedex.
fbh

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1