Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FedEx-SAM and BUV

1st overnite
03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I already deleted the e-mail explaining SAM and BUV so I can't use that as a reference. From what I understand, SAM is the average BLG for all seats and all aircraft and BUV is the minimum any line value will be, based on a percentage of SAM. So if you you line is less than SAM they will pay you the difference to get your BLG to SAM, regardless of aircraft or seat. Am I correct?

The Walrus
03-09-2010, 05:56 PM
They will buy it up to BUV, not SAM.

Busboy
03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I already deleted the e-mail explaining SAM and BUV so I can't use that as a reference. From what I understand, SAM is the average BLG for all seats and all aircraft and BUV is the minimum any line value will be, based on a percentage of SAM. So if you you line is less than SAM they will pay you the difference to get your BLG to SAM, regardless of aircraft or seat. Am I correct?

For APR, the BUV is SAM minus 3.5.

All these acronyms make me feel just like a FDX guy.

1st overnite
03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
They will buy it up to BUV, not SAM.

That's what I meant to say. Too many acronyms. I got my SAM and BUV mixed up, but now I am A-OK.

727cap
03-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Still confused what will a 73 hr April month pay (just an example)

2cylinderdriver
03-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Still confused what will a 73 hr April month pay (just an example)

In APR, the BUV is 78:25, any line that pays less than 78:25 will be bought up to that value. So your example line would be bought up 5:25 and your BLG will be 78:25. Same goes for reserves and VTO, no one gets less than the BUV.

zulu
03-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Disregard -- 2cylinder was quicker on the keyboard.
Z

purple speed
03-09-2010, 08:51 PM
The SAM / BUV difference will continue to decrease until the difference is 0 in September.

Read this... http://fdx.alpa.org/Portals/26/docs/Negotiating/Settlement%20agreement.pdf

727cap
03-10-2010, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the reply

Sea Pig
03-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Anyone know what VTOs will be built to? Average BLG or BUV?

AFW_MD11
03-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Anyone know what VTOs will be built to? Average BLG or BUV?

from the Settlement Agreement:

"...The Company shall “buy up” any line that is built below the BUV for that bid period."

so....don't know what they will BUILD the VTOs to, but sounds like to me they will buy them up to BUV if built below it.

SeeDub
03-11-2010, 05:31 AM
from the Settlement Agreement:

"...The Company shall “buy up” any line that is built below the BUV for that bid period."

so....don't know what they will BUILD the VTOs to, but sounds like to me they will buy them up to BUV if built below it.

I bet they will just fill VTOs that come in under the BUV with R days. Nothing lost by doing it with lots of potential gain.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1