Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

onetime
03-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Has any else heard the rumor that the there will be no more new MD-11 guys/gals trained? Only line checks and recurrent. Hard to believe, but I've heard the rumor from three different line guys.

MaydayMark
03-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Current training letter shows no more ITU students after the folks currently enrolled (and attending) are finished? I'd hate to see no more as I was just finally starting to get a small amount of seniority?

(And after all, isn't this forum the "All About Me" forum?)

FDX28
03-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Well if we excess - the company can't say there's no more ITU for the MD11. Somebody will bid the 11 on the excess.

MoonF18
03-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Cant see them closing the ITU especially if they plan on putting pilots in the airplanes to be based in HKG.

ClutchCargo
03-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Heard today from reliable source: Expect MD11 vacancy bid soon.

onetime
03-19-2010, 05:02 PM
All good to hear. When you hear something from multiple sources who all live outside of the planet you start to wonder. Nothing surprises me any more at this place.

Zapata
03-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Which airline are we talking about?

FDXLAG
03-20-2010, 05:21 AM
I think he knows; discuss!

JetJocF14
03-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Hard to believe, but I've heard the rumor from three different line guys.

Not really since the rumer in the schoolhouse is that we had another tail smack in ANC a couple of days ago. Hard landing followed by the RFO saying go around. Capt then set the 7.5 degrees pitch and went around. Might have caught the tail on the second bounce. All locker room talk. Don't know who did the landing. Just what I heard from an LCA. Probably be out of the MD-11 business in about 10 years..........................:cool:

KnightFlyer
03-20-2010, 05:56 AM
RGS: Hard landing. They went around properly averting a repeat NRT result.

Adlerdriver
03-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Not really since the rumer in the schoolhouse is that we had another tail smack in ANC a couple of days ago. Hard landing followed by the RFO saying go around. Capt then set the 7.5 degrees pitch and went around.

Rumour on the NRT side of the planet (someone talking to the FO involved) is that the FO took the aircraft during the bounce recovery. I guess when he thought about the fact that he "better be right" - he decided he was.......... :rolleyes:

NotsoFast
03-20-2010, 07:12 AM
OMG:eek: I hope the new VP can fix this!

Haywood JB
03-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Bigger rumor is the "company" has lost faith in the 11 and is looking to phase them out and purchase a few more(70) 777's. Also a hint at the new A330(which was on our ramp two weeks ago).

As always, don't believe anything until it is painted purple, or in the desert!

HJB

Flightmech
03-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Bigger rumor is the "company" has lost faith in the 11 and is looking to phase them out and purchase a few more(70) 777's. Also a hint at the new A330(which was on our ramp two weeks ago).

As always, don't believe anything until it is painted purple, or in the desert!

HJB

Wasn't there another rumor that there was a strong possibility that the company would have to self-insure the MD-11 in the near future?

Secondly, I monitor the MX down screen (Fleet Readiness) daily and haven't seen any logging of a tailstrike at ANC or anywhere else?

MaydayMark
03-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Secondly, I monitor the MX down screen (Fleet Readiness) daily and haven't seen any logging of a tailstrike at ANC or anywhere else?

Now there you go again, trying to confuse the subject with facts!*? :confused::confused::confused:

Flightmech
03-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Now there you go again, trying to confuse the subject with facts!*? :confused::confused:

Sorry, when will I ever learn.:confused:

md11retiree
03-20-2010, 10:19 AM
I was just finally starting to get a small amount of seniority?

You can't have that, Mayday. Monday is one-year anniversary of Narita MD-11 accident. Any ceremonies planned over there? RIP to Kevin & Tony.

OKLATEX
03-21-2010, 04:54 AM
You can't have that, Mayday. Monday is one-year anniversary of Narita MD-11 accident. Any ceremonies planned over there? RIP to Kevin & Tony.

They had a memorial on the 17th in Memphis with the families. I believe they also had memorial for them up in Anchorage, but I can't find when it was.

Cujo
03-21-2010, 05:02 AM
They had a memorial on the 17th in Memphis with the families. I believe they also had memorial for them up in Anchorage, but I can't find when it was.

I believe it's Monday ... but don't quote me

Check 6
03-21-2010, 07:10 AM
I believe it's Monday ... but don't quote me

Discuss.........

FDXFLYR
03-21-2010, 07:53 AM
ANC is having a remberance of Kevin and Tony on Monday, March 22, 1500-1700 at the Spenard Roadhouse, 1049 W. Northern Lights Blvd. Contact outgoing LEC 79 Sec-Tres RH if you would like to attend and he will arrange a ride. PM me if you need/want his phone number. Beverages and finger food will be served. LEC 79 sent an email notification to all of its members. Not sure who else may have been notified on this as well.