Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : atlas/polar route maps?

Terrain Terrain
03-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Heading over to vietnam, and was wondering if anyone knows where i can get route maps for these operators?

Thanks for the information!

GIANT PILOT
03-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Can't help you with your request of a route map, but we operate once a week for QF from SYD to SGN.

Good luck!

Terrain Terrain
03-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info, any one know any cargo carriers that fly direct from the state to nam?, even 121 doesn't go direct...

Ottopilot
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I fly Polar routes, but I need my Jepp charts.

PCLCREW
03-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info, any one know any cargo carriers that fly direct from the state to nam?, even 121 doesn't go direct...

No us based airline cargo or pax have US-SGN non-stops

Tumbleweed
03-24-2010, 08:35 AM
I wasn't aware that you could jumpseat on 121 or cargo internationally. Are there some Cargo carriers that allow this?

MaydayMark
03-24-2010, 08:45 AM
I wasn't aware that you could jumpseat on 121 or cargo internationally. Are there come Cargo carriers that allow this?

Northwest used to take International jumpseaters (Had to be CASS and there had to be an available seat in the back). I wonder if Delta does now?

atpcliff
03-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi!

Every carrier I know of (with maybe the exception of FedEx?) will carry jumpseaters on intntl flights, if the jumpseater's organization is allowed to go intnl. Canada was NOT intntl for NWA.

cliff
LFW

Polarfr8dog
03-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Heading over to vietnam, and was wondering if anyone knows where i can get route maps for these operators?

Take out ILN and insert CVG, and erase HNL and SYD. We could get you all the way to HKG after that I know some guys have bought cheap tickets to get to the Phillipines so I don't see why 'Nam would be any different.

Polar Air Cargo (http://www.polaraircargo.com/networkmap.html)

Go to the home page, click on the "contact us" tab and look for the OAL Jumpseat tab. Plug in the information and it will let you see where you want to go and you can fill in the information before committing to the jumpseat.

dojetdriver
03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
I wasn't aware that you could jumpseat on 121 or cargo internationally. Are there some Cargo carriers that allow this?

Most of the ACMI's will let a pilot JS internationally.

Every carrier I know of (with maybe the exception of FedEx?) will carry jumpseaters on intntl flights
LFW

UPS won't either.

fr8rcaptain
03-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, it isn't that UPS "won't" but under current TSA rules we "can't." prior to 9/11 I used to take numerous off line pilots to to our international destinations.

Until the TSA changes the rules.... I'd suggest everyone contact their jumpseat coordinator for further info.

dojetdriver
03-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Well, it isn't that UPS "won't" but under current TSA rules we "can't." prior to 9/11 I used to take numerous off line pilots to to our international destinations.

Until the TSA changes the rules.... I'd suggest everyone contact their jumpseat coordinator for further info.

Well, if we're going to get hung up on verbiage. But if I remember correctly, it's more a matter of UPS/FedEx management choosing to NOT comply with a specific directive. Where the ACMI's do choose to comply.

So UPS/FedEx "won't" because of that.

Lucky Pierre007
07-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I was considering using Atlas to get home from Europe this August and was wondering where I could get schedule information. Im guessing you guys go frequently from London? Anywhere else you guys go from often? I'm guessing there isn't really a route map... I would just be trying to get back to continental US from Western Europe.

Thanks for any info,

-Lucky

Palmtree Pilot
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Used to see them in ELLX all of the time, when we were doing a Cargolux contract.

myoface
07-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Kalitta goes from AMS to the states every once in awhile. If you can get to Leipzig Germany, we go from there to CVG 5 or 6 times a week I think.

LoneStarM1A
07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
The only regular westbound flights from Europe go from Luxembourg to Huntsville, Alabama (most transatlantic is either military or LCF on which jumpseating is not allowed, unfortunately).

Atlas goes to Stansted regularly but only eastbound from the states; the flight then goes to LUX before going back west. There are also regular AMS and FRA flights but those are almost always turns out of DXB or AUH, nothing transatlantic.

In August the LUX-HSV run is scheduled every Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, in the afternoons.

Malex4u
07-08-2012, 09:39 PM
We fly daily from Luxembourg to Huntsville, AL starting in the early afternoon.

HercDriver130
07-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Kalitta goes from AMS to the states every once in awhile. If you can get to Leipzig Germany, we go from there to CVG 5 or 6 times a week I think.

Occasionally we also go Leipzig to JFK on both the classic and the Gucci jet.

Deespatcher
07-10-2012, 01:23 AM

I did a trip to SGN last year. The most direct routing I could make work was company to HKG then bought a ticket on UAL (though you can try jumpseating UAL but for $200 I'd bypass the hassle) there. I looked at using Polar from CVG to HKG in case I got bumped from my seats. Only SNAFU was UAL cxld my flight and sent me through SIN. Added an extra 10 hours of travel. Not fun.

You can also get a cheap ticket out of BKK or SIN