Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FDX Pairings

smackahoCEO
03-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Anyone care to post a typical day/week/month at FDX? Just curious!

Thanks.

FDXLAG
03-26-2010, 11:24 AM
I bid about 40% in the right seat of the 727. I am about 35% in my seat and about 72% in the company.

Next month I will DH on delta to an East Coast city on Sun and operate from there to Ind on Mon, Tue, Wed and Thu night. I will spend about 4 hours on the ground in Ind and fly back to the same city. We leave the hotel about 8pm and get back about 6am. On Fri morning I will DH on Delta back home. Fedex usually covers 100% of my DH costs.

I will do this twice next month and get paid about 66 hours. This type of schedule probably represents 15% of the total FDX lines. I prefer this type of schedule to one that operates through MEM. To each his own.

viperdriver
03-26-2010, 11:28 AM
66 hours bought up to 78?

FDXLAG
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM
66 hours bought up to 78?

I forgot, that is good news. :)

Uncle Sam will be happy. The deficit will be reduced by about 3 C-notes.

Fr8doggie
03-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Many of our 727 trips would be a cake walk if they were during daylight hours. Unfortunately we typically start around 8pm and finish around 6-7 am. The hours make even a two-leg duty period a drool.

Finish a week of that and flip flop back to normal hours = no fun.

But we have a job, not furloughing (yet), and we have retirement (for now).

JethroFDX
03-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Just watch the weather channel. If there is bad weather that's where us junior folks will be.

Typical schedule though is a week on and a week off.

NoHaz
03-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Really depends on the domicile and aircraft. Typical day (night) for a MEM 727 pilot is going to be quite different from a typical ANC MD-11 or HKG Airbus pilot.

MaydayMark
04-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Check out this 777 disputed pairing ... then check out the clowns giving each other check rides (see notes section) on EVERY leg of this disputed pairing. Can anybody say,

"An accident waiting to happen?"

https://pilot.fedex.com/vips-bin/vipscgi?webtr?9?MEM?77?05APR10

pipe
04-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Check out this 777 disputed pairing ... then check out the clowns giving each other check rides (see notes section) on EVERY leg of this disputed pairing. Can anybody say,

Nobody's getting a real checkride. Have these guys ever flown the 777 with anybody but each other?

PIPE

The Walrus
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM

Sounds like a pilot orgy to me.:eek:

Shuckers86
04-13-2010, 05:14 PM
The trip notes on that pairing look like something Dr. Suess would write.

Dadof6
04-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I repeat a comment made on a different thread: "Just because it's legal doesn't make it right."

I've seen "brother-in-law" checkrides before, but that is ridunkulous.:eek:

On the bright sides, maybe this is just cover to research HKG more thoroughly for the MD-11 domicile & FDA LOAv6.0.

30 From Bottom
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Scheduled for over 16 hours of duty??? Can they do that?
I don't know anything about ULR or Intl flight time, but, I thought over 16 hrs of scheduled duty is a no-go???

MrSuupafly
04-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Scheduled for over 16 hours of duty??? Can they do that?
I don't know anything about ULR or Intl flight time, but, I thought over 16 hrs of scheduled duty is a no-go???

Yes they can. Section 12.D.2 (couldn't post because it's in a grid format) of the CBA. So you can forget getting A380 rates in exchange for them flying the airplane from MEM to CAN/HKG. Like it has been said numerous times on this forum, they're playing chess while we're playing checkers.

MaxKts
04-14-2010, 05:34 AM
How's this:

12.D.8

c. Block Hour Limitations

A 4-pilot double crew shall not exceed 16 block hours in any 24 consecutive hours.

d. On-duty Limitations

A 4-pilot crew on aircraft other than the A380 may be scheduled to a maximum of 18 hours on duty, which may be extended to 19:30 hours operational.

I don't have it handy but I believe this was already in our previous contract except without the A380 references.

Still need some type of agreement to fly more than 16 hours of block - that is where ULR rules (A380 stuff) comes into play.

skypine27
04-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Wonder if Ass-el has ever called in fatigued?

MrSuupafly
04-14-2010, 09:03 AM
How's this:

12.D.8

c. Block Hour Limitations

A 4-pilot double crew shall not exceed 16 block hours in any 24 consecutive hours.

d. On-duty Limitations

A 4-pilot crew on aircraft other than the A380 may be scheduled to a maximum of 18 hours on duty, which may be extended to 19:30 hours operational.

I don't have it handy but I believe this was already in our previous contract except without the A380 references.

Still need some type of agreement to fly more than 16 hours of block - that is where ULR rules (A380 stuff) comes into play.

True, but some folks thought or still think we can't exceed 16 hours on "duty" and believed ULR came into play after that threshold. That's what I was trying to clear up. http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

MaxKts
04-14-2010, 09:22 AM
True, but some folks thought or still think we can't exceed 16 hours on "duty" and believed ULR came into play after that threshold. That's what I was trying to clear up.

Trying to clear things up is a full time job around here. :rolleyes:

There are many who think one thing or another until it is pointed out that it is in the contract. Then they complain "how could we have given that away" only to find out it has been around since our first contract. Problem is it hasn't been exploited by the company until now. :mad:

Maybe if everyone would read what they are voting on we might not have a reason for this blog :eek:

pipe
04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Wonder if Ass-el has ever called in fatigued?

No - just hungry. Is that him in your avatar?

PIPE

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1