Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States announcement?

skifree
03-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Has anyone heard anything about an announcement of some kind? I have been hearing something about five more airplanes.

mking84
03-27-2010, 06:32 AM
HAHAHAHA...

Well one of two things here:

1. Uncle Hooley is telling people this to get the contract done. Ir of course doesn't exist.

2. Not true.

What is it with TSA. I know people who have been there or had been there going back almost 5 years ago. They said hulas is ALWAYS getting more flying.

DryMotorBoatin
03-27-2010, 08:27 AM
great...here come the next round of bogus recall letters.

Purpleanga
03-27-2010, 08:41 AM
great...here come the next round of bogus recall letters.

And the subsequent calls to make sure you know that you're not going back, for a long long time.

DryMotorBoatin
03-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Maybe this announcement is that we are taking EARLY delivery of all 100 MRJ's??

In all seriousness, last round of "recalls"...anybody know how many accepted/rejected?

wonkable
03-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Of "fair" CEO has been spreading that rumor for at least 3 weeks now. I personally talked to him twice withing a week, and both times it was something different.

First it was an addition of 10 planes for United, then it was a new codeshare and 5 planes.

Copperhed51
03-27-2010, 12:21 PM
I just got a packet in the mail that says "Val-Pak" on the front. I wonder if it's my recall letter. Soooooo nervous to open it...

JayHub
03-27-2010, 01:34 PM
On a serious note, we could all do with some good news from the higher ups.

Copperhed51
03-27-2010, 02:33 PM
On a serious note, we could all do with some good news from the higher ups.

We had that a few months ago. Problem with TSA good news is it only lasts a week or so and then becomes bad news again. I recommend nobody get excited about this for now.

Purpleanga
03-27-2010, 02:38 PM
We had that a few months ago. Problem with TSA good news is it only lasts a week or so and then becomes bad news again. I recommend nobody get excited about this for now.

I think TSA hasn't had good news since about a decade ago.

DryMotorBoatin
03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
ok lemme preface this by saying ive learned my lessons and dont believe any rumours dealing with TSA...that being said...who would our new codeshare be?

wonkable
03-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Southwest express, so we can be S EX.

skifree
03-27-2010, 06:17 PM
On a funnier note, I was kind of excited at the prospect of getting a new director of flight ops :D

I saw this under the yoke cap
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/skifreewaterski/haha.jpg

undflyboy06
03-27-2010, 07:05 PM
I heard about that rumor from one of my buddies that concerns MW.

Foxcow
03-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Its not a rumor.

undflyboy06
03-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks for clarifying that Foxcow. I know it's a bad deal, but I couldn't help but smile and laugh when I first heard about it.

TBucket
03-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Removed.......

minimwage4
03-29-2010, 12:19 AM
I personally talked to him twice withing a week, First it was an addition of 10 planes for United, then it was a new codeshare and 5 planes.

umm.... that's nice of him to share this super duper secret info, what else did you guys talk about??

Did he incidentally drop anything about who they're going to fly the Japanese jets for, or in which continent for that matter? Remember, the perfect time for managment to start rumors for the sheep to dwell on is right when they're about to be released.

Salukipilot4590
03-29-2010, 11:42 AM
I wonder how long before the recalls are canceled this time (if any)...my money is on 2 weeks this time.

Anyone else in?

ehe2
03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I'll believe it when I see it... I've heard these rumours for months. I'm more interested in the come to Jesus with ual on good Friday.

Copperhed51
03-29-2010, 06:46 PM
I'll believe it when I see it... I've heard these rumours for months. I'm more interested in the come to Jesus with ual on good Friday.

Go on.....

I haven't heard about this, what's the deal?

mustache ride
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
This MUST be it:

Four Chinese airlines agree to study St. Louis-China trade (http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2010/03/29/daily5.html?ana=yfcpc)

So when TSA said we're getting these mythical MRJ's they meant MU2's so we can feed Air China's new cargo base in STL. Back to flying STL-COU, but this time in a MU2. Add a dash of our maintenance reliability and a sprinkle of management incompetence and this could turn out to be the most embarrassing venture we've tried yet! Like attempting a takeoff single engine and lying about it.....not like that would ever happen!

Rumor mystery solved!

Foxcow
03-30-2010, 04:43 AM
lol if that were the case, I would quit. I would have a hard time flying a well maintained MU-2 let alone one maintained my TSA.

DLAJ77
03-30-2010, 06:08 AM
the news will be...we have formed are newest alter ego company "go trans jet" as Midwest connect flying new 120 seat rjs

mking84
03-30-2010, 07:12 AM
umm.... that's nice of him to share this super duper secret info, what else did you guys talk about??

Did he incidentally drop anything about who they're going to fly the Japanese jets for, or in which continent for that matter? Remember, the perfect time for managment to start rumors for the sheep to dwell on is right when they're about to be released.

That would be awesome if it is a codeshare between Hulas and the Rev. A match made in heaven.

By my calculations that should speed up RAH's BK filing and massive furlough by about 6 months.

crustacean
03-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I'd fly an MU-2 any day of the week...

...if this was standard equipment and not able to be MEL'd:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4534/outtahere.jpg

wonkable
03-30-2010, 09:27 AM
I think Mu-2s get a bad rap, they only kill most of the pilots who fly them.

AirWillie
03-30-2010, 01:22 PM
sprinkle of management incompetence!

Only TSH management would be the launch customer of an unknown airplane corporation like Mitsubishi, and for an airliner too. Especially since Mitsu is drawing from the experience of such hits as the MU-2 and the ZERO, which was very useful as a projectile in WW2.

Copperhed51
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Only TSH management would be the launch customer of an unknown airplane corporation like Mitsubishi, and for an airliner too. Especially since Mitsu is drawing from the experience of such hits as the MU-2 and the ZERO, which was very useful as a projectile in WW2.

Mitsubishi did design and produce the Diamond Jet. You may recognize it now as the Beechjet or Hawker 400XP. Say what you will about some of Mistu's other creations, but that is a pretty popular airplane.

AirWillie
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Mitsubishi did design and produce the Diamond Jet. You may recognize it now as the Beechjet or Hawker 400XP. Say what you will about some of Mistu's other creations, but that is a pretty popular airplane.

If I'm not mistaken the original Mitsubishi Diamond was the one that kept crashing in icing due to controls freezing up. They changed some of the design with the beechjet/hawker.

flynavyj
03-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I think the zero was a heck of good airplane...but that was a long long time ago.

DryMotorBoatin
03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
boys...maybe im just pointing out the obvious but this whole hilarious discussion started with a saint louis/china article...the MU-2 is japanese. just sayin...

Positive_Rate
04-02-2010, 03:46 AM
They're negotiating this week:

3 TA's on the 31st: Sect 18 Commuter, Sect 20 Grievances and Sect 21 System Boards. All sections have improvements over current book. Will post the details when I can. Today is the last day of 2 weeks of mediated negotiations.

mustache ride
04-02-2010, 09:02 AM
So after around 1.5 years of no progress, it takes 2 weeks to TA 3 sections!? That only seems like the company wants to show a little movement so the NMB won't release us. After 2 weeks, there should be a TA for the pilot group to vote on, in it's entirety.

Copperhed51
04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
So what is this supposed come to jesus meeting with United all about? Also, I agree with mustache ride. The company has to show a tiny bit of progress so the NMB won't even consider releasing us. Pretty damn ridiculous. Anybody know how many sections are now TA'd and how many are left open now?

skifree
04-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I think 18 or 19 sections are TA-ed now. Just a little more than half.

ehe2
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
So what is this supposed come to jesus meeting with United all about? Also, I agree with mustache ride. The company has to show a tiny bit of progress so the NMB won't even consider releasing us. Pretty damn ridiculous. Anybody know how many sections are now TA'd and how many are left open now?

I don't know details... only that it was occuring. We'll find out eventually, there will be some bs memo on how it is all our fault.

flyinaway411
04-02-2010, 10:56 PM
regarless of what comes out of it, there are a laundry list of things i vote no for. the two biggest being...

job protection
100% retro pay

people....if we do not get 100% retro pay, if they save ONE f-ing dollar, than they have incentive to delay giving us a contract the next time it expires. i know its a 99.99% chance we dont get it in the contract, which is why you must vote no! 4 yrs since CBA expiration is ridiculous, and they will do it again next time IF we give them reason!

additionally, the whole contract is worthless without job protection.

Purpleanga
04-03-2010, 05:56 AM
I think 18 or 19 sections are TA-ed now. Just a little more than half.

wow........

slumav505
04-03-2010, 06:43 AM
the news will be...we have formed are newest alter ego company "go trans jet" as Midwest connect flying new 120 seat rjs

One thing RAH did right was scope. This has no legs.

DryMotorBoatin
04-03-2010, 12:29 PM
100% retro pay

you CANNOT be serious. that will literally never happen.

Copperhed51
04-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Is it safe to assume that those of us that are furloughed do not get to vote on a TA if it were to ever come?

flyinaway411
04-03-2010, 04:51 PM
you CANNOT be serious. that will literally never happen.

oh im very serious. and thats reason enough to vote no, should be for everyone. i understand you dont get a vote if you are furloughed, sorry. but without 100% retro pay not only are they keeping YOUR money, but theyll have reason to it again next time. so why would you vote yes for that?

mustache ride
04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Has anyone ever gotten 100% retro pay, at any airline? I think this gets negotiated away at the end as a bargaining chip. I agree with what you're saying in theory, but I don't think it's ever happened. Anyone have any insight on this?

flyinaway411
04-03-2010, 09:07 PM
i may be mistaken, but im pretty sure expressjet has. of course, it wasnt 4 years worth of retro. i dont think anyone has ever recieved 4 yrs worth of retro. but its not our fault its been that long...so they need to pay up.

and from what i HEARD (rumor alert)...the union presented the company with the average each pilot is owed in retro and broke it down and some about fell outta there chairs on the other side of the table.

DryMotorBoatin
04-04-2010, 09:24 AM
i agree we deserve it. theres no doubt about that but if you think management who is too cheap to give up vision insurance is gonna give us retropay for four years...

johnso29
04-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Is it safe to assume that those of us that are furloughed do not get to vote on a TA if it were to ever come?

To my knowledge, furloughed pilots are not considered active and therefore are ineligible to vote.

HercDriver130
04-04-2010, 09:29 AM
In the end you will be lucky to get a years worth....

T333
04-04-2010, 11:08 AM
United Airlines 100% retro pay and retro perdiem, contract 2000.

-T

flyinaway411
04-04-2010, 08:20 PM
United Airlines 100% retro pay and retro perdiem, contract 2000.

-T

there you have it, precedent. no reason to vote yes on a contract that doesnt have it.

mking84
04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
One thing RAH did right was scope. This has no legs.

SLUmav505. RAH did scope right?!?! Like allowing the company to hire a junior pilot, or recall it in your case, and put them on a larger AC for more $$$ than a junior pilot. Or having multiple op certificates to avoid any scope issues? RAH has no scope whatsoever, they just violate everybody else's. Too bad your on the EMB 145 now and not the mighty E170 :D

JayHub
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Just quickly....any chance of getting PM'd a copy of an up to date Seniority List....? Thanks! Oh if it makes you feel more comfortable you can omit the employee names and just leave the employee numbers, so that I can find myself.!!

Holy Toledo
04-05-2010, 11:26 AM
SLUmav505. RAH did scope right?!?! Like allowing the company to hire a junior pilot, or recall it in your case, and put them on a larger AC for more $$$ than a junior pilot. Or having multiple op certificates to avoid any scope issues? RAH has no scope whatsoever, they just violate everybody else's. Too bad your on the EMB 145 now and not the mighty E170 :D

What in the hell are you talking about?

Purpleanga
04-05-2010, 01:26 PM

I don't know if you're trying to be sarcastic with the smiley faces but he is right. And challenging RAH scope does nothing. As far as scope goes, RAH did do it right. The alternative would have been what happened to Trans States. 5 years later it's negative growth for TS(A) along with labor issues. All the while the company is just laughing at all of us because they know they don't have to do anything unless we get released.

CaptainCarl
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Just quickly....any chance of getting PM'd a copy of an up to date Seniority List....? Thanks! Oh if it makes you feel more comfortable you can omit the employee names and just leave the employee numbers, so that I can find myself.!!

I'll take one too.

Atreyu
04-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I'll take one too.

furloughed captain?

TBucket
04-05-2010, 11:37 PM
That's actually why the FAA just approved antidepressants for use by pilots. It's so TSA pilots can read the news about negotiations and still continue to fly...

slamklikr2782
04-06-2010, 01:00 PM
SE Takeoff attempt by MW.. i love it!!!! any more juicy details would be greatly appreciated, On another note does anyone know If MB the flight manager is still there?

skippy
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
apparently it did happen- he accepted t/off clearance single engine-- i dont know if he actually attempted the t/off single engine-- HOWEVER i did hear that he wrote up the aircraft as engine shut down by itself or soemthing to that effect. when you have at least 4 tsa pilots in the back--- you shouldnt lie about how things went down.

skifree
04-06-2010, 07:33 PM
SE Takeoff attempt by MW.. i love it!!!! any more juicy details would be greatly appreciated, On another note does anyone know If MB the flight manager is still there?

MB is kind of a flight manager or something else. Either way, he is negotiating against the us pilots (and himself really) for the company.

MW didnt attempt single engine takeoff but I did hear that Rolls Royce investigated their engines and found that there was no un-commanded shut-down and that they did start the engine then shut it down on the taxi back in. From what I hear, big Feds from Washington D.C. are involved and irate that documents were falsified.

pgriffin
04-06-2010, 08:41 PM
I heard that we are parking another 4 jets, any insight on this???

flyinaway411
04-06-2010, 09:32 PM
what?!?!

MB is kind of a flight manager or something else. Either way, he is negotiating against the us pilots (and himself really) for the company.

first of all, MB is manager of training, not flight manager. but yes, he does negotiate against us.

MW didnt attempt single engine takeoff but I did hear that Rolls Royce investigated their engines and found that there was no un-commanded shut-down and that they did start the engine then shut it down on the taxi back in. From what I hear, big Feds from Washington D.C. are involved and irate that documents were falsified.

this is contradictory to EVERY bit of info ive heard from EVERY pilot ive talked to here. idk where you got that from, but half of it doesnt even make sense to me.

flyinaway411
04-06-2010, 09:34 PM
I heard that we are parking another 4 jets, any insight on this???

word around the school house this week is 4 planes goin, 851 and 852 ive heard for sure, back to the lessor, but no reduction in block hours. just greater utilization of current frames. HAHAHAHAHAHA :rolleyes:

this isnt a joke...just very funny to me i guess

CaptainCarl
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
furloughed captain?

Nope, I'm just too lazy to sign into the Employee website and look at the seniority list myself...

:D ...:::http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt116/FredWitzell/HeresYourSign.jpg:::...

ehe2
04-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Rumor is mw is no longer in operational contoll, and his certificates were revoked. I also heard there is something going on in the training department. Anyone else hear anything?

Foxcow
04-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Rumor is mw is no longer in operational contoll, and his certificates were revoked. I also heard there is something going on in the training department. Anyone else hear anything?

I heard the same exact thing.

pgriffin
04-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Maybe they are going to train more Gojetters....

Purpleanga
04-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I heard we're buying American Eagle.

mwa1
04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
soon as a good price for blue paint can be found!

ehe2
04-14-2010, 12:56 PM
rumor has it that DG is acting chief pilot?

skippy
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
why is he on "leave" after his abortion of a single engine t/off?

note to self- dont t/off single engine with 4 emb 145 pilots in the back-- they will figure it out.

Note to self--- dont plan your epic story and then have the FDR pulled.

just b/c your the DO doesnt make you immune-- just makes you look like a hippocrate

anyone have any updates in this matter-- i heard the cp solicited all the pilots' stories on what they were privy too.

pelase keep us informed

DryMotorBoatin
04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
ok so ill i know is whats been said on here...did he actually advance the trust levers once on the runway? or did he taxi onto the runway and realize only 1 engine was spinnin? i assume regardless this required NTSB notification? im anxious to hear the real story. i wont forget how on day 1 of ioe there was a group of captains in the crew room talkin about how theyre surprised theyve never done it.

skippy
04-14-2010, 05:57 PM
And MS passed him on his line check? Wow!

skifree
04-14-2010, 09:17 PM
I heard that the thrust levers were advanced and very quickly retarded.

wonkable
04-15-2010, 07:25 AM
I would say MW wasn't quickly retarded....Maybe always that way?

Purpleanga
04-15-2010, 05:48 PM
did anyone get a call?

vaporlock1215
04-15-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm about 10-15 numbers away and no call yet. Rumors of a recall?

expectholding
04-15-2010, 06:14 PM
did anyone get a call?

......about?

joemhama
04-16-2010, 06:42 AM
did anyone get a call?

I think this might be in reference to the pilot phone tree test conducted yesterday?

I wish there was a recall on the horizon, but who really knows

Purpleanga
04-16-2010, 07:26 AM
I think this might be in reference to the pilot phone tree test conducted yesterday?

I wish there was a recall on the horizon, but who really knows

Yea the tree test, I guess it was for the active because I never got a call.

proav8r
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Yea the tree test, I guess it was for the active because I never got a call.

same here.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1