Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 4a2b Arbitration?

pipe
03-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Has anyone even heard a rumor about the arbitration being resolved one way or the other? The timeframe here has been UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I'm ready to file for arbitration with the arbitrator over his failure to arbitrate.

PIPE

MaydayMark
03-28-2010, 05:59 AM
I went to the last 2 union meetings and was surprised that this issue was not a MUCH BIGGER agenda item (they hardly even mentioned it). I was disappointed.

TheBaron
03-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Simple tactic. Don't highlight what may be a potentially negative result. If it comes out in our favor...then they will send out the town crier.

Lippy
03-28-2010, 06:19 AM
ALPA and the company reached an agreement... Don't be surprised when the arbitrator follows their lead.

4A2B
03-28-2010, 06:43 AM
ALPA and the company reached an agreement... Don't be surprised when the arbitrator follows their lead.

That is not true, no deal on the 4a2b case. The PSIT case had agreements on pay issues and a trigger of sorts to possibly end the use of it. Read the message lines, the 2 cases on 4a2b are alive and well, meaning the Arbitrator will be required to rule.

As far as the result, you may be correct, however the "deal" is not part of the case(s) in front of the Arbitrator and can not be referenced or included as part of his ruling on the open grievances.

Daniel Larusso
03-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Arbitration rarely moves fast. This is nothing new, just new to those who probably didn't much attention to this stuff before. Didn't ALPA recently win an arbitration for a wrongfully terminated Comair Capt that was several years old?

KnightFlyer
03-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Didn't ALPA recently win an arbitration for a wrongfully terminated Comair Capt that was several years old?

He was terminated; for being too young.;)

BooyaOhYeah
03-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Didn't ALPA recently win an arbitration for a wrongfully terminated Comair Capt that was several years old?

Yep. More like several-several years old I believe.

JethroFDX
03-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Simple tactic. Don't highlight what may be a potentially negative result. If it comes out in our favor...then they will send out the town crier.

Don't count on much. I betting the ruling will basically be a cease and desist.