Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FDX Green Screen access

Baja
03-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I haven't had a reason to go to IMS and the green screen in sooooo many years. But I need to research my insurance, beneficiaries, etc. so I assume that's the place to go. So questions please:

1. Can the green screen be accessed via a Mac or is it a Windows only thing?

2. If accessing via Windows, is there a gouge out there about how to do that?

Thanks

The Walrus
03-29-2010, 12:47 PM
https://fedex.ehr.com/Ess/Home/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fess%2fHome%2fMenu.aspx

Just go to this website. It is the Fedex Benefit Enrollment website that we go to each year to review and change our benefits. Much easier than the green screen, and can be found in vips general info page.

The Walrus
03-29-2010, 01:07 PM
After further review, it looks like the insurance info is not on that site.

Jetjok
03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
The below from the Flight Operations Mainframe Page:

This BlueZone 3270 software works ONLY with Microsoft Windows 32-bit opperating systems and Internet Explorer. Infomation Security has standardized Microsoft Windows as the desktop computing platform for FedEx and will no longer support mainframe sessions over the Internet for Macintosh computers.

* Firefox is not supported.

First time users: The following three warnings may appear when running the BlueZone software for the first time. First install the ActiveX control module by clicking on the "Click here to install" then choose install. At the first security warning select Install to continue, and then select Run to continue past the final warning. Please do not bookmark this link. Always launch Bluezone from this web page as a new window must be opened to run activex correctly.

Hope this helps.

JJ

Canyonman
03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
https://fedex.ehr.com/Ess/Home/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fess%2fHome%2fMenu.aspx

Just go to this website. It is the Fedex Benefit Enrollment website that we go to each year to review and change our benefits. Much easier than the green screen, and can be found in vips general info page.

Baja,

The above link from Walrus will allow you to access your fedex insurance (life, medical, vision, beneficiaries etc..). Just need to create a password. If you have additional insurance from ALPA such as LTD or Life which are deducted from your check you can contact ALPA insurance at 1.800.746.2572.

Looks like JJ as the prism covered!

CM:)

GreaseA6
03-29-2010, 10:55 PM
I just did the Boot Camp thing on my MAC and installed Windows XP. Actually not hard at all. I can now use the LMS training modules and get to the green screen. My problem(Just this one for now), my regular password doesn't work. Its been so long since I signed on to the green screen I can't even remember if there is some other password I'm supposed to use. I have also searched VIPS for a help desk phone number and can't find one.

Anyone know of good number?

MX727
03-30-2010, 12:02 AM
It is supposed to automatically change that password every time you change your VIPS password.

Look for the Data Protection phone number under Main Frame on this page:

Data Protection (https://pilot.fedex.com/software/password_management.shtml)

MaydayMark
03-30-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm able to get into the old Green Screen with my Mac using VMWare Fusion and Windows XP. Password is the same as my VIPS password?

Busboy
03-30-2010, 07:06 AM
I just did the Boot Camp thing on my MAC and installed Windows XP. Actually not hard at all. I can now use the LMS training modules and get to the green screen. My problem(Just this one for now), my regular password doesn't work. Its been so long since I signed on to the green screen I can't even remember if there is some other password I'm supposed to use. I have also searched VIPS for a help desk phone number and can't find one.

Anyone know of good number?

Same thing happened to me last week.

I fixed it by going back to VIPS, changed my password, closed the browser and started over. It seems to reset everything and you can then use your VIPS password on the "Green Screen".

Baja
03-30-2010, 07:09 PM
You've all been helpful. I should be able to find it with the info you've provided. Thanks.

GreaseA6
03-31-2010, 04:56 AM
I'm betting I win the longest non-use of green screen award. Got told I no longer have an IMS account! I'm still in PRISM but not account to access it. Gotta see my ACP. What's the punishment for not using IMS ?

Busboy
03-31-2010, 06:01 AM
I'm betting I win the longest non-use of green screen award. Got told I no longer have an IMS account! I'm still in PRISM but not account to access it. Gotta see my ACP. What's the punishment for not using IMS ?

4 orange Scooby Snacks, 3 consecutive Physiology CBTs and a Flint layover. Man...You really screwed up!

Gunter
03-31-2010, 06:57 AM

Did they delete your account as punishment or reward? Should have given you a BZ.

Just send your FOA any requests to change your green screen info. Let them figure it out. If they baulk then they must not really need you to change the info. During indoc I wondered why they didn't give us slide rules the same day they showed us how to use the Green screen.

Can they force us to see the ACP to reestablish access to the Green screen?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1