Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

ANCFRTDG
03-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Stopped by and had a barley pop at Rumrunners (4th and E, stumbling distance from the Hilton)and had a chat with Michael Shomer who is the owner and manager. Nice place, good food, and great selection of cold frosty brews!! Michael said he will give any crewmember a 10% discount WOW!!! Just another option while you are passing time in between flights!

Slice
03-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Stopped by and had a barley pop at Rumrunners (4th and E, stumbling distance from the Hilton)and had a chat with Michael Shomer who is the owner and manager. Nice place, good food, and great selection of cold frosty brews!! Michael said he will give any crewmember a 10% discount WOW!!! Just another option while you are passing time in between flights!

(Almost) anything but F Street Station works for me.:)

Dakota
03-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Absolutely NOT! That has to be about the worst place to grab a "barley pop" in ANC. Had to fight my way out one night thanks to their thug bouncers. Luckily I won, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not college age and ready to fight.

767pilot
04-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Absolutely NOT! That has to be about the worst place to grab a "barley pop" in ANC. Had to fight my way out one night thanks to their thug bouncers. Luckily I won, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not college age and ready to fight.

Never heard of bouncers using brute force to keep someone IN a place. There has to be more to this story. Please elaborate

frozenboxhauler
04-04-2010, 01:24 PM
There are no bouncers at Darwin's!
fbh

767pilot
04-04-2010, 01:29 PM
No, at that place a bouncer wouldn't know who to bounce

CactusCrew
04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
No, at that place a bouncer wouldn't know who to bounce

Is there something wrong with that ... ;)

:D

FDXFLYR
04-04-2010, 03:47 PM
I've heard McGinley's Irish Pub at 7th and G St (I think) is the new hangout.

CaptainGator
04-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Hey wait now, I got kicked out of Darwins one night with another check airman who shall remain unnamed! :-)
I agree, haven't had the best of times in Rumrunners either. I'm an F Street fan. I like the crowds and who can resist free cheese.
Humpys has the best beer selection though.

HazCan
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Pioneer Bar

Pioneer Bar - Anchorage, AK (http://www.yelp.com/biz/pioneer-bar-anchorage)

AFW_MD11
04-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Humpys! :D

Or Glacier Brew House halibut chunks & local brews...

md11phlyer
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Jeez guys, stay out of the high school/college joints.

Though my 21st birthday at the Pio was a good time. :) By that age I was too old to fit in at Rumrunners...

frozenboxhauler
04-04-2010, 08:45 PM
The Flightdeck on International&Artic is fun. They even have Ranier in the bottle. YUM YUM!
fbh

Cujo
04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
The Flightdeck on International&Artic is fun. They even have Ranier in the bottle. YUM YUM!
fbh

Suite 101, down in the south part of town, has a nice business crowd on Friday's... ya know, normal people that can hold a conversation. ;)

... not bad food either

AFW_MD11
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Suite 101, down in the south part of town, has a nice business crowd on Friday's... ya know, normal people that can hold a conversation. ;)

... not bad food either

normal people? in ANC? hee...hee...:eek:

Wildmanny
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
What? No Simon And Seaforts on this list? Nobody's getting tossed out of there, no body checking, no need for bouncing, the food is good and cheap at Happy Hour, drinks not too spendy, AND you might get a slight chance at seeing whatever limited local talent there is in Anchorage (outside the ABC).

But, they don't serve free cheese. So I can totally understand how some of you foodies wouldn't want to go there.

It might be a little far for the widest of our widebody captains to walk...although it might be shorter than walking through the Taipei airport to the elevator!

WM

HazCan
04-04-2010, 09:43 PM
What? No Simon And Seaforts on this list? Nobody's getting tossed out of there, no body checking, no need for bouncing
WM

What fun is that? :D

Simon's is awesome, especially during happy hour.

Sluggo_63
04-06-2010, 04:30 AM
What? No Simon And Seaforts on this list? Nobody's getting tossed out of there, no body checking, no need for bouncing, the food is good and cheap at Happy Hour, drinks not too spendy, AND you might get a slight chance at seeing whatever limited local talent there is in Anchorage (outside the ABC).

But, they don't serve free cheese. So I can totally understand how some of you foodies wouldn't want to go there.

It might be a little far for the widest of our widebody captains to walk...although it might be shorter than walking through the Taipei airport to the elevator!

WMIs this a new place in Des Moines I haven't heard about yet? ;-)

savannahceltic
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I dunno, Rumrunners is hit or miss. Not sure why, I think it depends on which staff is working at the moment.

I have never been disappointed in McGinleys', probably my first choice. Humpy's is good, if it's not crowded... not so good if it is. And Darwin's is a cheap alternative for those of us without the Purple or Brown payscales.

And if the weather is decent, a walk down to Platinum Jaxx is usually a good choice. If you have wheels, Moose's Tooth is a great place most locals recommend.

CaptainGator
04-06-2010, 08:36 PM
What about the ABC? ;)

meatloaf
04-07-2010, 12:16 AM
What about the ABC? ;)

This thread was called watering spot, not watering hole...

FedupFlex
04-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Snowgoose Restaurent/Sleeping Lady Brewery, 3rd & H St. Crawling didtiance from the Hilton.

Wildmanny
04-07-2010, 09:52 AM
What about the ABC? ;)

Is this some taco place?

Slice
04-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Is this some taco place?

That's one way of putting it.:D

Wildmanny
04-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Hahaha!

I love this board. Entertainment, wit, hilarity. It's all good!

Wildmanny :D

CactusCrew
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Is this some taco place?

fish tacos ?

Knots2you
04-07-2010, 04:20 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!

GUMBIE
04-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Try F-Street....Great staff and free cheese!

Slice
04-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Try F-Street....Great staff and free cheese!

Yes, your friend gets assaulted in their bar and they won't call 911 for you... Then you can call the cops yourself and get harassed by their off duty staff while you wait. Good times.:rolleyes:

Slice
04-27-2010, 11:19 PM

Newsflash: that ain't water, bro.:eek:

meatloaf
04-28-2010, 02:42 AM
<Newsflash: that ain't water, bro.>

Darn, I always thought there was some nutritional value to that stuff.

Another urban legend shot down. That's right up there with finding out about Santa Claus...

talon06
04-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Wait . . . what about Santa?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1