Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

DLax85
04-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Global logistics: FedEx Express makes further expansions to FedEx International Economy services - 2010-04-01 13:17:04 | Logistics Management (http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/454994-Global_logistics_FedEx_Express_makes_further_expan sions_to_FedEx_International_Economy_services.php)

Global logistics: FedEx Express makes further expansions to FedEx International Economy services

Jeff Berman, Group News Editor -- Logistics Management, 4/1/2010

Earlier this week, FedEx Express said it plans to expand its FedEx International Economy Freight and FedEx International Economy Services.

FedEx International Economy and FedEx International Economy Freight are, as described by FedEx, economical, day-definite, customs-cleared door-to-door services that feature a transit time that is typically two business days longer than premium FedEx International Priority service, which is geared for more time-sensitive shipments.

FedEx added that FedEx International Economy will address the needs of customers that have reliability and cost-efficiency as their top priority shipping needs.

These services reach markets that represent more than 90 percent of global GDP.

FedEx International Economy Freight from the U.S. will be expanded from more than 80 countries and territories to more than 130 countries and territories.

And FedEx International Economy is now available to more than 215 countries and territories.

FedEx Express COO and President of International Michael L. Ducker said in a statement that expanding these services to more locations provides shippers with "reliable global coverage and a seamless experience around the world, keeping their costs down and increasing their competitiveness."

And company officials said that opening up more markets to these services offers shippers doing international business more opportunities to augment global supply chain operations.

""FedEx understands that its customers are looking for ways to be more competitive in the global marketplace," a company spokesperson told LM in a recent interview.

"But they do not want to sacrifice service just to save money.

The expansion of our International Economy services provides customers with reliable global coverage and a seamless experience around the world, keeping their costs down and increasing their competitiveness."

This announcement is the latest in a series made by FedEx Express, regarding the expansion of its FedEx International Economy services.

In April 2009, it expanded FedEx International Economy services in India, as well as the Asia-Pacific region in January 2008.

JustUnderPar
04-04-2010, 11:25 PM
UPS management?

Please read!

Baja
04-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Is this simply lower yield freight used to fill airplanes that otherwise don't have a full load of Int'l Express high yield freight?

MD10PLT
04-05-2010, 10:44 AM
I heard about this a couple of months ago. Thought it was just a rumor. Basically the way it was explained to me was; this is a new product, the plan is to use the 777 for priority service to the US and use the MD-11 for this new product. I heard the rumor from some ramp agents in ANC. They were being briefed to prepare for a increase in ANC ops because of this new product.

The interesting part of the rumor to me was the times theye were using. I don't know enough to go into details but from what I remember from the conversation, the time the MD-11 would be flying were all different. i.e. not landing in ANC at 1000-1230 anymore. More like 2200-2400.

Once again everything I heard I thought was pure rumor and is worth what you paid for it.

Cujo
04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
... The interesting part of the rumor to me was the times theye were using. I don't know enough to go into details but from what I remember from the conversation, the time the MD-11 would be flying were all different. i.e. not landing in ANC at 1000-1230 anymore. More like 2200-2400.

Once again everything I heard I thought was pure rumor and is worth what you paid for it.

... maybe as the MD's get established in HKG, this will be the new system form? Who knows

Tractor Bob
04-05-2010, 04:26 PM
I was told by the new cp in ANC a month ago that in each of the 3 cities in Asia that we have this product business had increased 10% a month per city since inception. That was all in my question to him about downsizing ANC. I guess the secondaries to ANC are a good sign.

AFW_MD11
04-05-2010, 09:27 PM
I heard about this a couple of months ago. Thought it was just a rumor. Basically the way it was explained to me was; this is a new product, the plan is to use the 777 for priority service to the US and use the MD-11 for this new product. I heard the rumor from some ramp agents in ANC. They were being briefed to prepare for a increase in ANC ops because of this new product.

The interesting part of the rumor to me was the times theye were using. I don't know enough to go into details but from what I remember from the conversation, the time the MD-11 would be flying were all different. i.e. not landing in ANC at 1000-1230 anymore. More like 2200-2400.

heard the same rumor from a different source...

2nd Day delivery from Asia - non IP - through ANC

departures from Asia @ 9am-10am local time - late pm arrivals into ANC

possible late pm departures from ANC back to Asia as well

ANC will not shrink due to this new product - stay the same size or grow depending on how successful this 2nd Day product is.

FS himself was rumored to be in ANC recently starting/spreading this exact rumor/info.

discuss......

Blackbird
04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
So does this mean Fedex hire in 2011?

SeeDub
04-07-2010, 06:17 PM

I hope so. It has been a lonely 3 years here at the bottom of the list. Time for some new friends.

pipe
04-07-2010, 08:16 PM

Means more optimization, more FDA's, higher reserve utilization, and fewer days off.

Dadof6
04-08-2010, 10:15 AM
My mailman told me that we (FedEx Express) are in dire need of extra lift right now; however, the cost to bring aircraft out of the desert runs ~$5M/jet. And no VP/MD wants that charge on their "personal"/division's balance sheet. Glad that the smart people who paid $300M to Kinko's for "goodwill" in dropping that name have their priorities straight.;)

HDawg
04-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Just flew a bird that came out of VCV this week.

FedExBusBoy
04-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Just flew a bird that came out of VCV this week.

Did they fly it out of there VFR ??

FlightAware > Airport Activity > So California Logistics Airport (Victorville, CA) [KVCV] (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KVCV/departures)

MX727
04-08-2010, 02:03 PM
My mailman told me that we (FedEx Express) are in dire need of extra lift right now; however, the cost to bring aircraft out of the desert runs ~$5M/jet. And no VP/MD wants that charge on their "personal"/division's balance sheet. Glad that the smart people who paid $300M to Kinko's for "goodwill" in dropping that name have their priorities straight.;)

No one paid anyone that $300M. That was an IRS write off. Accounting 101. Sure, there was some costs associated with changing the signs, but most of the rest was slight of hand.

As to the first half of the post, cost center accounting can really screw up a corporations ability to make a smart decision.

HDawg
04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Not sure but the VCV paperwork was still on the plane.

USNFDX
04-08-2010, 02:13 PM
FlightAware > Federal Express Corporation #9091 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX9091)

Can anybody explain this???

FDX9091 747-400?

ol'tigerguy
04-08-2010, 02:16 PM

Huck
04-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Fedex developed a counter-manpads system for the 747, just like the one we mounted on a few MD-10's.

We are selling those systems under an STC and installing them in VCV. Don't know the total, but it is more than a few. All of them are corporate 747's, all from the middle east.

DaRaiders
04-09-2010, 09:03 AM
... maybe as the MD's get established in HKG, this will be the new system form? Who knows

And would that flying go mostly to HKG or ANC pilots? Who knows, indeed.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1