Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FDX - Off the Charts!

MaydayMark
04-07-2010, 06:06 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?play=1&video=1460743853&__source=yahoo|headline|quote|video|&par=yahoo

(not sure why it didn't turn itself into a "link" like it usually does ... sorry)

say that again
04-07-2010, 06:13 AM
FedEx is still controlled by it's creator, Fred Smith. It's his baby, he cares about it's long term viability while over at UPS, the new CEO is for the first time, an outsider. The results speak for themselves.

Pecan
04-07-2010, 06:21 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?play=1&video=1460743853&__source=yahoo|headline|quote|video|&par=yahoo

Glad I could contribute 25k last year (via 4a2b) to this "Off the Charts" growth we're experiencing. Sounds like the cost cuts have helped. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong....I understand the goose/golden egg principle. It's just been a tough pill to swallow lately. Maybe I need some more of that purple koolaid to help the medicine go down.

pipe
04-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Glad I could contribute 25k last year (via 4a2b) to this "Off the Charts" growth we're experiencing. Sounds like the cost cuts have helped. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong....I understand the goose/golden egg principle. It's just been a tough pill to swallow lately. Maybe I need some more of that purple koolaid to help the medicine go down.

After the last year and a half only some "green" kool-aid is gonna help!

PIPE

Wildmanny
04-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Maybe I need some more of that purple koolaid to help the medicine go down.

I think I just saw a dispenser for this over by the popcorn machine in Memphis. I've never seen one in ANC, LAX, HKG.

It's on!

JustUnderPar
04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
FedEx is still controlled by it's creator, Fred Smith. It's his baby, he cares about it's long term viability while over at UPS, the new CEO is for the first time, an outsider. The results speak for themselves.

Exactly. Fedex seems to lead through innovation. Modernization. Whereas UPS leads through fear and intimidation.

I am sure the pay cut was hard to swallow. Not one pilot hit the street though. Once you guys emerge from your pay cut, it will be a distant memory. Here at UPS 170 guys will be facing the street, with a furlough letter from UPS (good luck getting a job). 130 to follow by the first of the year. Can you feel the love?:eek:

Our guys in Atlanta only care about themselves. The leadership at FedEx seems to have the health of the company in mind.

UPS is hinging all their hopes on legal maneuvering and lawsuits. They have gotten good at it.