Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

moondriver232
04-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Has anyone been through the screening and testing process at Turkish Airlines in the last month or so?
I noted that there is a written exam, plus two days of sim checks. Just want to know what to study and what anyone's experiences have been.

Thanks

olympic
04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
One of the captains on the A320 for Olympic just got hired over there .. I don't know him but I will try and get in contact with him through another colleague and see if I can get any information, good luck.

moondriver232
04-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Thank you very much.

theflyinggreek
07-07-2010, 11:29 PM
I am interested too..

Mythbuster
07-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Greeks working in Turkey? What is the world coming to!!!:D

atpcliff
07-08-2010, 03:30 PM
pprune.org

olympic
07-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I am interested too..

You have JAR license?

Greeks working in Turkey? What is the world coming to!!!:D

Tell me about it ... ;)

theflyinggreek
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Yup Greeks working in Turkey,,, I don't have a Jar Licence however, I they are accepting ICAO licences for now.. I am going for it and will see what happens..

My GF is in Turkey so it would be perfect for me.. ;)

theflyinggreek
07-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Didn't see much on PPRUNE... Is there anything else out there? I am wondering what the written exam is like. I did the one at Etihad, it was kind of silly.

theflyinggreek
08-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Just finished the Turkish Airline process.. It was wild.. I got hired and was offered a better position than expected..

Perfect...

rotorhead1026
08-23-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm sure some details of the screening process would be appreciated ... :)

theflyinggreek
08-29-2010, 09:15 PM
I just finished going through the process, it was interesting to say the least. You have to be really patient with them and the process.VERY Patient....

Sim in the 737 for us 777 guys, They didn't know what to do with me as I have been an FO from most of my career, being in a major carrier in North America.. I had to keep explaining that.. All they wanted to see was that you kept the alt and speed and could fly and talk at the same time and not get angry and flustered to easily. No briefing and no charts for the 737 sim. Airbus you get a full sim ride with briefing.

Interview was very basic and again they want to be sure you will fit in and not have an "attitude". There are some politics involved being a foreign pilot there.. Thats all..

Medical was standard, AiDS, venereal disease tests and normal blood work plus all the standard tests for an initial CATI. Oh yes... a written exam for all narrow body pilots. Its from the ACE book.

I also did a psychometrics test. That was fun and nerve wracking at the same time. I guess I passed everything but they didn't know what to do with such a high time FO. I was offered the position with an upgrade very quickly.

Yes, most Turkish FO's are extremely low in total time but do work hard and try to get along. THey are apprehensive because of the way they have been treated by some capt's. Thats understandable, a starting FO on the B737 has 300 hours..

jetpilottt
02-05-2011, 07:02 PM
I was hire , 5 days process for A320 left seat with Turkish , but takes forever to get the work permit for US citizens and is a single year contract with ???? at the end my decision was not to join them toooo many IF,,,,,

Piedmonster
02-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I was hire , 5 days process for A320 left seat with Turkish , but takes forever to get the work permit for US citizens and is a single year contract with ???? at the end my decision was not to join them toooo many IF,,,,,

I can get my ITA passport within a few weeks, with right to work in EU.
How do you go about the App process with Turkish? I'd love to fly for them. Can someone PM me? Is it true that they are taking ICAO and not just JAR?

My basics:
FAA ATP
2400 TT
2000 ME Turbine (SIC)
Types: B737 PIC, DHC-8 SIC

kalymnos
02-17-2011, 02:45 PM
anyone have the link too get the process started, ?
also my parents were born in Greece which Ive heard gets a EU work permit right? correct?
got the 737 type is that a plus? and is their a corp office in USA to get the ball rolling?

just looked at the site and on the USA version it says "no availiable postions at this time"??

olympic
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
anyone have the link too get the process started, ?
also my parents were born in Greece which Ive heard gets a EU work permit right? correct?
got the 737 type is that a plus? and is their a corp office in USA to get the ball rolling?

just looked at the site and on the USA version it says "no availiable postions at this time"??

Getting the Greek passport and EU work permit is not that simple, contact your local consulate. Others had to do the military for 3 months to get it in Greece.

paokgate4
08-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Any news about hiring 737ng captains in the near furure?

anyone

olympic
08-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Any news about hiring 737ng captains in the near furure?

anyone

No not yet, will get back to you.

PS- Panathinaikos Gate 13

paokgate4
08-05-2011, 08:04 PM
No not yet, will get back to you.

PS- Panathinaikos Gate 13

Thanks....kalo kalo but