Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

threegreen
07-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Hey guys,

Whats going on w TSA now?
They bought Compass. Compass is suppose to guys flow up to DAL. Will that affect TSA in any way?
Is the plan to eventually merge pilot lists together?
How is the staffing?
Any plans on recalls?
How many still on the street?
Whats the rate of acceptance letters?

I was suppose to be in July class of 08. It got canceled for obvious reasons. Apparently according to HR i am still in the pool.

jtf560
07-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Hulas loves a whipsaw and I doubt a merger unless it benefits Hulas- like forcing a worse contract for the companies than they already have. He tried that one before and now look how big Trans States is after the pilots rejected the crappy extension and industry worst pay. I feel bad for all involved.

mking84
07-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Hey guys,

They bought Compass. Compass is suppose to guys flow up to DAL. Will that affect TSA in any way?
How is the staffing?
Any plans on recalls?

I was suppose to be in July class of 08. It got canceled for obvious reasons. Apparently according to HR i am still in the pool.

Dude, move on. TSA is, and will always be, the place where pilots' dreams go to die.

Salukipilot4590
07-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey guys,

How is the staffing?
Any plans on recalls?

What's going on? Well other than buying Compass, contract negotiations, and shrinking flying not a whole lot. The flow up to DAL is being reviewed or something for 90 days IIRC.

Will it effect TSA at all? The only thing I can say with certainty is "Dunno, lol."

Plans? MGMT definitely has plans, and in their mind they are all-wonderful and awesome, but we'll never know until the day they are announced.

Staffing has always been...well...understaffed.

Recalls, well other than that fake one a few months back, are not on the horizon from what I can see but then again stranger things have happened.

133 is the number we hear but how many of those have gone to G7 or to other airlines/companies who didn't require a resignation is unknown.

Acceptance letters? Do you mean how many will come back or how many get hired?

[black guy advice]Since you're in the pool you know you have a spot here when we eventually (key word here...maybe...possibly....kinda) recall and hire I'd look for other work outside of Aviation. As we say in the hood "stack ya paper" and get your money right before diving into this pit of despair.[/black guy advice]

Koolaidman
07-09-2010, 05:56 PM
A little off topic, but in regards to the whipsaw comments...

I was in the actual on gojet the other day. The Compass acquisition came up and the FO says, "Yeah, he(hulas) will probably keep the lists separate so he can whipsaw us against Compass. And then we'll have to sign off on a crappy contract to keep our jobs." I wanted to ask him his thoughts on the current contract. Apparently, he didn't think they were too bad considering he was afraid of having to sign off on a "lesser" contract in the future. Classic. So there is a current gojet opinion on the merging of the lists. Just about everyone I have met at gojet has been nice, but they never cease to amaze me.

Great Cornholio
07-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Hey guys,

How is the staffing?
Any plans on recalls?

1. No idea what is up with TSA...really its nuts
2. The majority feel that the flow will end. No idea what this means for TSA guys
3. I would love to see all 3 lists merged. I don't think it will happen though. Can't whipsaw with only 1 list.
4. Understaffed so much now that open time pick up pays 200%
5. Apparently we are not cx'ing enough flights to recall/re-upgrade
6. 133 is the official number
7. After the fake recall I doubt many come back.

CaptainCarl
07-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Plans? MGMT definitely has plans, and in their mind they are all-wonderful and awesome...

MGMT is pretty awesome:

Electric Feel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZexg8sxyk), Kids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIEOZCcaXzE), Time to Pretend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9dSYgd5Elk), Weekend Wars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-Gld700LE)

:D

flyinaway411
07-10-2010, 07:58 PM
a thread titled TSA latest & greatest and nobody is going to mention MW is no longer DO?

Salukipilot4590
07-10-2010, 08:03 PM
a thread titled TSA latest & greatest and nobody is going to mention MW is no longer DO?

Yeah, whats up with that?

(I've been out at the bars all week/weekend/month so I don't even know whats going on)

Purpleanga
07-10-2010, 09:08 PM
They keep us in the dark. I don't know what's going on. First it was the 100MRJs then Compass. For all I know Trans States could be in talks to buy up KLM. They are absolutely silent and never keep pilots informed, not even any kind of hope for the future. Also hate to say it but our Union updates are sometimes vague at best, I'm thinking it's because the company wants it that way. I really hope there's a merge so that there won't be a whipsaw any longer, I mean if not now then when? Oh well back to the booze.

skifree
07-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Latest and greatest? They cry broke at the bargaining table and spend 20.5 million on an airline.

Salukipilot4590
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Latest and greatest? They cry broke at the bargaining table and spend 20.5 million on an airline.

How 'bout dem dere MRJs too?

Now having said that....here's what I hope was going on:

1) Cry broke and extend negotiations while they "Get their money right" to buy another airline

2) Buy said airline

3) Come back to the negotiation conf. room and play ball

4) ???

5) PROFIT

I hope it's like this for everyone's sake.

[/black guy informative post #2]

DryMotorBoatin
07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
How 'bout dem dere MRJs too?

Now having said that....here's what I hope was going on:

1) Cry broke and extend negotiations while they "Get their money right" to buy another airline

2) Buy said airline

3) Come back to the negotiation conf. room and play ball

4) ???

5) PROFIT

I hope it's like this for everyone's sake.

[/black guy informative post #2]

does informative mean wishful thinking? TSA is the latest chapter in this book...
file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pngfile:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.pnghttp://www.potomitan.info/dodo/images/extinct_birds.jpg

Salukipilot4590
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Oh come on DMB'n...

Tell me there's not a little part of you that wishes things would work out and you could see my black ass again.

I kinda want to get back just so everyone could admire my aesthetics.

DryMotorBoatin
07-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh come on DMB'n...

Tell me there's not a little part of you that wishes things would work out and you could see my black ass again.

I kinda want to get back just so everyone could admire my aesthetics.

Haha no doubt. More than just "a little part" though. I'd love for it to work out because the TSA pilot group deserves it. Plus, I'm already sick of this back to school b.s. I'm too beautiful to be out of the cockpit.

CaptainCarl
07-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Plus, I'm already sick of this back to school b.s.

:( My thoughts exactly.

chritz1179
08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Ok let's revive this thread what's the latest and greatest with TSA I have a interview mid sept. please keep it constructive.

Positive_Rate
08-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Why would you revive a 2-year-dead thread when there's a perfectly good one thriving just a couple rows down???? If you posted that question there, guarantee you'd get a response, but now you're gonna get a bunch of current and ex-skiers *****ing at you for reviving a dead thread!

J/k....hiring for the foreseeable future. check the gouges, online, they haven't changed the process much.

chritz1179
08-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Lol yeah saw it after I posted. Really would like to know what's the general atmospher working there, upgrade times ect.

RgrMurdock
08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Upgrade times? Non existent. 5 and 6 year FO's on reserve. Hiring right now but that could change to furloughs in a matter of months depending on how much attrition they get at the end of this year/beginning of next year. Severely short staffed. Reserves are getting worked to the bone and tons of JM calls for CA's and FO's.

chritz1179
08-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Why furlough? What makes you think that? The 65 ers retire next month or so right? You'd think furlough wouldn't even be possible. But idk I'm new to the regional topic. Why interview people if you are going to furlough then?

yeah sure
08-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Why furlough? What makes you think that? The 65 ers retire next month or so right? You'd think furlough wouldn't even be possible. But idk I'm new to the regional topic. Why interview people if you are going to furlough then?

I want to comment, but the words just won't come out.

chritz1179
08-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Ok so comment if you have some thoughts or insite. I get tired of reading all these posts with a bunch of here say and bs. Again remember I'm new to the regionals so bare with me or don't respond.

DryMotorBoatin
08-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Ok so comment if you have some thoughts or insite. I get tired of reading all these posts with a bunch of here say and bs. Again remember I'm new to the regionals so bare with me or don't respond.

Long story short. TSA furloughs at the drop of a hat.

N2Core
08-30-2012, 01:28 PM

This is true. I know from personal experience. I resigned a week before my furlough. Best decision I've ever made career wise. Had fun with the crews though.

Positive_Rate
08-30-2012, 02:09 PM

http://i.imgur.com/EqRJH.gif

DryMotorBoatin
08-30-2012, 02:20 PM
I believe saluki has a picture of his stack of certified mail.

RgrMurdock
08-30-2012, 02:52 PM
There is a huge disconnect between what is happening now (hiring) and what may happen in the future. Basically TSA is already massively short staffed. Hiring is mostly for that at this point, but also for expected attrition at the end of the year. If that attrition does not happen watch out. I'm not saying massive furloughs, but just be aware. The other point to be concerned about is that leases on almost all 145's (not that we have too many left) are up starting in 2013 and 2014. Unless new flying is secured (which the company over the past 5 or 6 years has shown no interest in) will result in furloughs. TSA has always shown a willingness to renegotiate terms with the majors based on their lease terms with the leasing companies). But once these lease terms are over, what incentive does the company have to negotiate? The timeline between the 145's coming to term (2013 and 2014) and the fabled MRJ (if you believe it will come to property) is extensive considering the latest delay (2015-2016 at the earliest). Is this all speculative? Of course. Is TSA so small that a surprise announcement of 10-15 RJ's mean everyone at the company upgrades? Sure. But many have been banking on this news for the past 3 4 or 5 years. The results are to be desired.

minimwage4
08-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Yea the future at Tsa is very uncertain. For those trying to get in, it might be a good place to get some experience but if you want a little more stability, look elsewhere.

There's good rumors always floating around because they don't want people to leave till the day they furlough, but the bottom line is that we haven't had any growth basically the last several years. The only thing theyve really said is theyre confident they'll be able to keep at least the current fleet because they expect 12 to 24 month contract renewals from united. That's not exactly much.

chritz1179
08-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Thank you guys now that's what I call constructive.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1