Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

FINS2THELEFT
08-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Via company Email today. 20 per month up to 1/4 of the list per year. A TA was reached on Tuesday with Delta management.

Good news for once in this biz. Lets hope it works.

B1900YX
08-25-2010, 11:51 AM
The agreement provides for grandfathering the flow up rights of Compass pilots on the seniority list as of August 19, 2010, which in simple terms translates to everyone on the seniority list as of today

Merlin2002
08-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Is there any interview or panel peer review in order to flow through/up?

Lou Reed
08-25-2010, 12:07 PM
I wonder what's gonna happen with the flow DOWN and what affect that will have on future Compass new hires, who will no longer be able to flow UP. But needless to say, props to our CPZ MEC and hats off to Delta's for reaching this agreement.

pinkpanther
08-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Is there any interview or panel peer review in order to flow through/up?

Yes there is. The interview for Compass.

pinkpanther
08-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I wonder what's gonna happen with the flow DOWN and what affect that will have on future Compass new hires, who will no longer be able to flow UP. But needless to say, props to our CPZ MEC and hats off to Delta's for reaching this agreement.

I would think the flow down slots would be equal to the number of pilots who are covered under this new LOA to flow up.

joemhama
08-25-2010, 01:43 PM
This is the best news I've had in a while. I am in the 8/19 class date. Thanks to the Compass MEC for all the work they put into keeping this flow intact. See you on the line!

Also thank you Delta for doing the right thing and honoring the Flow

johnso29
08-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Great news for current Compass drivers. :)

minimwage4
08-25-2010, 02:27 PM
So its not keeping the flow. Just for everyone up to the 8/19 class. Title is not correct.

MatchPoint
08-25-2010, 02:42 PM
So, at this point only 100/year can flow up? That is until the pilot group increases in size?

How many pilots are protected? 402 or less?

djrogs03
08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Let's hope we can find the same positive resolution at Mesaba. Congrats to those at Compass.

I'm pretty sure for XJ to keep our flow DAL wants 10,000 hours, a masters or doctorate, were an intern, and give their left nut, and access to your next born child

HercDriver130
08-25-2010, 03:19 PM
As someone said... its only good news if you are ON the list now... future Compass pilots are ... BOHICA baby

CamYZ125
08-25-2010, 03:31 PM
As someone said... its only good news if you are ON the list now... future Compass pilots are ... BOHICA baby

It ain't all bad news if you were hired with a class date after 8/19. There's going to be a decent amount of movement created by the flows, and the first couple hundred hired now that aren't eligible will benefit from this.

contrails
08-25-2010, 05:32 PM

Except for flowdown, which they are probably exempt from. So not really BOHICA.

Diver Driver
08-25-2010, 05:38 PM
*Title updated to better reflect the content of the thread.

Congrats guys!

tylervet
08-26-2010, 06:27 AM
I start class Sept 2, and I can say I am very excited about this agreement. As stated earlier, the next 100 pilots hired could potentially be riding the wave to the top of the list.

Captain Tony
08-26-2010, 06:40 AM
So what does this mean? Apparently all current pilots will be grandfathered, but then flow goes away? How long do flow down privileges last? Indefinitely? Not good for future Compass hires when Delta furloughs the next time oil hits $150 a barrel.

pinkpanther
08-26-2010, 10:17 AM
So what does this mean? Apparently all current pilots will be grandfathered, but then flow goes away? How long do flow down privileges last? Indefinitely? Not good for future Compass hires when Delta furloughs the next time oil hits $150 a barrel.

The TA is not out yet, so the details are not known. I would be surprised if the new hires who are not eligible for flow up would be subject to flow down.

If that is true, a new hire spot at Compass would be by far the best place to be compared to being a FO at one of the new super-regionals. A small seniority with lots of upward movement. Under the best conditions you possibly hold Captain under two years. I don't see much upward movement happening anywhere else in the regionals for at least two more years.

Lou Reed
08-26-2010, 10:40 AM

When (notice I'm not saying "if") oil does hit $150 a barrel, there will be plenty of people all over, in every country/company/airline facing gloom and doom, not just Compass new hires.

XJT Pilot
08-26-2010, 12:50 PM
i hate to sound like a prick but why not, its not gona happen, we at XJT had a flow to CAL and guess what were still here well alot of us. Do yourself a favor look elsewhere if you go you go dont wait like me...now im a life at XJT...however, im still making more then I would at CAL but that will end in a few years to...nothing in life is free and that goes for a flow through either your gona give something...

Lou Reed
08-26-2010, 01:23 PM
i hate to sound like a prick but why not, its not gona happen, we at XJT had a flow to CAL and guess what were still here well alot of us. Do yourself a favor look elsewhere if you go you go dont wait like me...now im a life at XJT...however, im still making more then I would at CAL but that will end in a few years to...nothing in life is free and that goes for a flow through either your gona give something...
You're absolutely right, it's not a free thing. We are giving our jobs to Delta pilots if they furlough. And while the flow might not last for the 400+ cpz pilots hired before 8/19/10 (although the agreed TA gives hope) 60 of our most senior captains will be Delta pilots by November. So it is happening...

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1