Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : trans states interview

flynavyj
08-16-2006, 06:26 AM
was wondering if anyone had info on their interviews. I know there's a 50 Question ATP test, Panel interview, and no sim ride...and have read some of the gouges on aviationinterviews.com, but was wondering if anyone else had personal experience, or another location to look at gouges, thanks.

Flyby1206
08-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Last I heard they were furloughing people?

flynavyj
08-16-2006, 06:35 AM
yeh, i heard too...but i still wanna know what the interviews are like, ps...the guys were supposed to be being recalled soon also.

FlyerJosh
08-16-2006, 06:42 AM
Last I heard they were furloughing people?

I have heard that TSA is mandatory recalling furloughees... If true, I would guess that most of those furloughees have moved on to other places (greener pastures) and won't be returning, hence the potential for interviews.

Here's another gouge site:
www.willflyforfood.cc

(Not the most reliable site... sometimes it's up, other times it's down, but try to check it out... it was one of the first gouge sites out there that I can remember.)

POPA
08-16-2006, 06:47 AM
There's a class on Sept 5 that's only about half full.

QXrjdriver
08-16-2006, 07:04 AM
www.aviationinterviews.com It's got gouge on any airline you could want.

flynavyj
08-16-2006, 07:08 AM
thanks fellas, im interviewing for the sept. 5th class date, and have been studying up. knew about aviationinterviews.com and have read the gouges on there, hadn't read the willfly4food, but will soon. Thanks for the help so far. Anyone gone through the interview process recently?

Burt Reynolds
08-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Don't be surprised if they give you the switcheroo at the last minute and offer you GoJet or nothing.

rickair7777
08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Don't be surprised if they give you the switcheroo at the last minute and offer you GoJet or nothing.

Have they really been doing that??? Waiting until you quit your previous job and show up for training before pulling the old bait-and-switch?

BoilerUP
08-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Yes, they have been doing that.

Unless you live in STL or your current job really, really sucks, I'd advise you to avoid TSA.

On second thought, please go there, get your SIC type rating and consolidate in the airplane, then quit and get a better job.

Hulas deserves that much!

flynavyj
08-16-2006, 09:57 AM
thanks for the info on the switcharoo, read about it on this website and a couple other ones. Hoping for TSA, but we'll see what happens. The guy who extended the interview is apparently incharge of hiring for TSA, and he's gonna be on the interview w/ me, so that sounds halfway hopeful. Also, considering what's happened over at TSA, i wouldn't doubt if the positions being interviewed for are actually w/ TSA and not Gojet given that they were predicting hiring around this time of the year, way earlier in the year.

Also, i am from STL. Which is another reason their on my list, cheap to live @ home.

G-Dog
08-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Yes, they have been doing that.

Unless you live in STL or your current job really, really sucks, I'd advise you to avoid TSA.

On second thought, please go there, get your SIC type rating and consolidate in the airplane, then quit and get a better job.

Hulas deserves that much!

SIC type? That is worth as much as the paper in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.

BoilerUP
08-16-2006, 10:11 AM
SIC type? That is worth as much as the paper in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.

Not to another EMB operator, it ain't. Already qualified on the airplane = lower training cost & vastly higher percentage of training success. Just ask the TSA furloughees who got hired at CHQ and XJT.

G-Dog
08-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Not to another EMB operator, it ain't. Already qualified on the airplane = lower training cost & vastly higher percentage of training success. Just ask the TSA furloughees who got hired at CHQ and XJT.

I see your point.

POPA
08-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Just a thought about reading what BoilerUP posts: he's very proud of the fact that TSA flying is "beneath" him.

BoilerUP
08-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Just a thought about reading what BoilerUP posts: he's very proud of the fact that TSA flying is "beneath" him.

Your analysis couldn't be further from the truth.

I have friends currently at as well as furloughed from TSA. I've helped some ex-waterskiiers get jobs, and had some help me with leads as well. I don't have any problem whatsoever with TSA, but I have a huge issue with GoJetters and the way Hulas treats his employees.

I had an offer from TSA and I made a choice to not go there, based upon compensation, career expectations and the GoJet situation. I had other (yes, better) options that I chose to exercise at the time, and realize that if I had decided to burn my bridges and go to TSA I would currently be on the bottom of the seniority list, making less money than I am now, feeling the pain of the whipsaw first hand.

Its not pride or smugness or anything of the sort, just the facts as I experienced them. YMMV

POPA
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
My mistake. My earlier comment was based on my read of statements in a different thread.

rickair7777
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM

Several of the better regionals will snap up pilots with a little operational experience in a CRJ/ERJ. You will probably only get the SIC type if your company does international flying (it's required for that), but it's not the type that counts, it's the 121 qualification in the jet.

Utah
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Wow! I see from your previous post that you're at 600tt/ 35me. TSA list their minimums at 1500tt/500me but their needing to drop down that low to find pilots. Nothing personal, congrats, take the job if offered and good luck. You'll get some excellent experience and if you want to move on in 6-12 months it will be that much easier for you.

Koolaidman
08-18-2006, 02:25 AM
Trans States interview gouge is right on at aviationinterviews.com. They are in an extremely desperate position for pilots as most furloughs left and all the bottom guys have left as well or are leaving. Great opportunity to get some good 121 experience, but not a great place to make a career. Since they are desperate, the interview will be easier as well as training and check rides!!! If you are from St. Louis, you will be fine. You have to accept that TSA isn't a top notch place to work and that the company really doesn't care about its employees. However, you shouldn't care because IF you are somewhat low time it will open a bunch of opportunities later on down the road (six months or so). Good luck and don't forget to drink the Kool Aid! It is a fairly easy interview, just check the gouge!

flynavyj
08-19-2006, 04:36 AM
thanks for the extra advise kool-aid...i'm almost more excited than nervous right now....(it is the first interview ... unless ya count the CFI interview) . Thanks again, two more days to study up.

ilike2drum
08-20-2006, 04:05 PM
TSA interview was very easy. was offered a postition with them in April... then the furloughs began. have since been offered the Sept. 5 class; however, I'm at Air Wisconsin now. A much better company. We are actually treated like people here. All of my friends at TSA hate life now. And this is all coming from a St. Louis guy - I've had to move to the east coast for this job, and I would never turn back.

pilot_468
08-21-2006, 08:42 AM
TSA interview was very easy. was offered a postition with them in April... then the furloughs began. have since been offered the Sept. 5 class; however, I'm at Air Wisconsin now. A much better company. We are actually treated like people here. All of my friends at TSA hate life now. And this is all coming from a St. Louis guy - I've had to move to the east coast for this job, and I would never turn back.

Is that you Mr. Finklang?

pilotara
08-21-2006, 09:32 AM
TSA has not officially announced that they are hiring but they are defenitely short of pilots..! And yes i will agree with the guy who said that they might offer u a slot with GoJets. They did that with me. I went for an TSA interview march 7th and a week later they offerd me a slot in GoJets.
I did take it and now I work for them. That may upset some of the people in here I will agree with every one on their opinion about upper managment and Hulas kannodia !

flynavyj
08-21-2006, 10:20 AM
what's funny about that, is i was going to ask if that was finklang also...

Pilotpip
08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
They are hiring, and they have not filled up a class September 5th. If you are interested you may want to send in a resume and give them a call.

freezingflyboy
08-21-2006, 04:53 PM
They are hiring, and they have not filled up a class September 5th. If you are interested you may want to send in a resume and give them a call.

...or put your balls in a vice and save your self the trouble of working for trans states.

flynavyj
08-21-2006, 06:15 PM
totally, lol

freezingflyboy
08-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Howd the interview go navyj?

flynavyj
08-21-2006, 06:52 PM
tell ya tomarrow...wish me luck

freezingflyboy
08-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Oops, got ahead of myself. Good luck tommorow.

flynavyj
08-22-2006, 07:10 AM
well, just got back from the 9am interview, it's 10 am currently ... we started a lil' early. because the class date is on sept. 5th, they skipped the waiting period and told me today that i was hired if i wanted it. So, sept. 5th, i'll get the joy of being in STL to start the training...really excited. Thanks for the help everone.

BoilerUP
08-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Congrats on the job!

I sincerely hope it works out better for you than the guys that got furloughed a few months back!

flynavyj
08-22-2006, 07:33 AM
shoulda asked this before, but does anyone know if they pay during training? i saw on here in another post they said

60 x $22.00

so, if training is 12 weeks long, am i only getting paid for 60 hrs of that, or is that like 60 hrs a week, two weeks, lol, etc. Thanks.

BoilerUP
08-22-2006, 07:35 AM
My understanding is you get 60 hours per month at your hourly rate while in training.

pilot_468
08-22-2006, 07:37 AM
shoulda asked this before, but does anyone know if they pay during training? i saw on here in another post they said

60 x $22.00

so, if training is 12 weeks long, am i only getting paid for 60 hrs of that, or is that like 60 hrs a week, two weeks, lol, etc. Thanks.

60 hrs a week, you wish!!! I belive that is monthly!

flynavyj
08-22-2006, 08:04 AM
;) im an optimist.

freezingflyboy
08-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Congrats on the job! Hope it works out for you. Hope they don't try and pull the switcheroo on ya (heard that happening to a few guys). Would be nice if that 60 hours they paid you was per week. Might as well stay in training then (never heard of any 240 hour lines at any airline I know of);) Do they provide your hotel/transportation while in training? Next time Im in STL for an overnight, we should have a beer.

flynavyj
08-22-2006, 07:30 PM
they really screw the guys w/ the hotel and transportation as my letter stated both were my responsibility. My old room at my parents house however is still un-occupied, so i'm gonna try to shoe-horn my way back in. lol. Should save some significant $$ this way, and it'll definatley help with surviving on first officer salary.

flaps 9
08-22-2006, 09:50 PM
well, just got back from the 9am interview, it's 10 am currently ... we started a lil' early. because the class date is on sept. 5th, they skipped the waiting period and told me today that i was hired if i wanted it. So, sept. 5th, i'll get the joy of being in STL to start the training...really excited. Thanks for the help everone.

Congrats on becoming a "Waterskier". Use the company for what it is, a place to build your time and move on. Try to keep a positive outlook, it will be hard, but you will fly with some great guys and learn alot from them.

Best of luck!

Former Waterskier '99-06

ilike2drum
08-23-2006, 02:28 PM
this is finklang. 468, is that in reference to a Charlie Mike? congrats shiv. from what i hear, trans states has a lot more slots to fill. get thos resumes in.

Zach
08-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Think TSA is desperate enough to hire me with 200hrs total?

aussieflyboy
08-23-2006, 03:45 PM
i hope there are no passengers logged on to these forums. that last post can't breed confidence in air transport!

Zach
08-23-2006, 04:15 PM
It was a joke. :) Im from the STL area and all three of my instructors have been hired by TSA. One with 500tt and the other two with just under 1000tt. I will have my CFI in about a month. Ill probably send in a resume when I have around 500tt.

freezingflyboy
08-23-2006, 04:21 PM
It was a joke. :) Im from the STL area and all three of my instructors have been hired by TSA. One with 500tt and the other two with just under 1000tt. I will have my CFI in about a month. Ill probably send in a resume when I have around 500tt.

Sweet God in heaven...

Zach
08-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Sweet God in heaven...

Why do you say that?

G-Dog
08-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Because he believes that a 500tt person does not belong in a 121 aircraft.

BoilerUP
08-23-2006, 04:40 PM

He is fully entitled to his belief, but the thousands of pilots that have been hired by 121 carriers under 500 hours total time with a PERFECT SAFETY RECORD would challenge his point of view.

Trans States has hired quite a few pilots between 450-600hrs that I know personally and between them there was not a single training failure. The same unfortunately can't be said for a few others with more than 1000 hours of dual given, mostly VFR TOLs in a Cessna 150. Quality, not quantity, of experience makes the difference in the 121 environment. The number in the TT column of your logbook is just a way to 'keep score' if your background & knowledge is solid.

And for the record, I was hired into my current job well over 500tt.

Zach
08-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Quality, not quantity, of experience makes the difference...

I completely agree with that.

thowe21
08-23-2006, 05:25 PM
have fun at tsa sukcers

thowe21
08-23-2006, 05:26 PM
its funny how when you leave a company because it sucks more than anything else, along with 100 other first officers, there is always some other kid out of flight school to pick up the flying have fun getting abused!!

flynavyj
08-23-2006, 05:50 PM
;) always ;)

freezingflyboy
08-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Its not neccesary to put words into my mouth. I am of the opinion that it would be a very rare occurance for someone with all of 500 hours to have the range of experience that would make them a well rounded pilot who can effectively contribute in a crew environment. I agree 100% that quality trumps quantity any day of the week. But the fact of the matter is that unless you spent all of that 500 hours dancing your way around thunderstorms, finding out why your airplane was not certified for flight into icing and pushing the limits on your skill and ability in challenging crosswinds, crappy ATC vectors and tough approaches then you simply lack the quality of flight time you need to be a truly valuable member of the team. And I dont want to hear anything about simulated emergencies or tough approaches you did in the sim. Once youve watched a prop stop moving at 400 feet as you go missed FOR REAL or flown an approach at full power because thats what you needed to keep the airplane in the air with an inch of ice on it FOR REAL, then you will know the true meaning of "pucker factor". Thats where you seperate the men from the boys. Some people handle emergencies great in a sim or with an instructor but when they are in the hot seat for real, they freeze up. Seen it happen. *steps off the soap box* OK guys, flame on.

Koolaidman
08-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Good luck at TSA! I enjoyed it the FLYING but the company bs and completely negative attitude towards the company makes it difficult to come to work sometimes.

What is up with the guy who went to Go Jet(sell out)? Are you really doing six day trips with the seventh in a hotel? Just curious as everyone as Trans States thinks that is happening and I haven't been able to confirm it.

freezingflyboy
08-24-2006, 05:16 AM
What is up with the guy who went to Go Jet(sell out)? Are you really doing six day trips with the seventh in a hotel? Just curious as everyone as Trans States thinks that is happening and I haven't been able to confirm it.

Seems like the GoJets crowd are a pretty quiet bunch around here. Wonder if its out of shame or if they had to pawn the computer to buy groceries...

flynavyj
08-24-2006, 05:43 AM
on the 500 hr thing, I've learned a lot since i began instructing, at which point i had about 300TT. On the other side of that coin however, i had most of my "experiences" prior to that 300TT. A good chunk of it came from my commercial x-country flying and going along w/ friends while they were doing their x/c work. Had several "scary" situations which as far as i'm concerned made me a better instructor. Many of my students that i had this summer however hadn't had these experiences, and flying around missouri during the summer time is simply guarenteeing you're going to see a thunderstorm, or two, or three, or...everytime you go fly. Those students got to learn a lot about weather avoidence, and planning this summer, which, as many stated, had i not been there, they wouldn't have been flying.

I don't think there's a magical number that guarentee's the experiences necessary for the airline world. Maybe coming from an aviation university where you got to practice CRM, and have experience with flying on your "off days" is good, maybe not, maybe it should lower the standards, maybe not. But it's definately beneficial for people to learn that flying isn't always done on beautiful clear days with calm winds, and you don't always "want to fly" when you "have to fly". ;)

Koolaidman
08-24-2006, 01:09 PM
I just wish I could get the story straight about what goes on at Go Jet. I am sure they know what they would have to deal with if they posted stuff on here and that is why they don't come on. I guess if they had some justification on their decision then people probably wouldn't be so upset with the situation. Then again, I don't how many people care either???

G-Dog
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I just wish I could get the story straight about what goes on at Go Jet. I am sure they know what they would have to deal with if they posted stuff on here and that is why they don't come on. I guess if they had some justification on their decision then people probably wouldn't be so upset with the situation. Then again, I don't how many people care either???

The problem is that many people do not know the story of GoJet. You know what is sad, GoJet or no GoJet, that flying would be done by someone. We all keep hearing many sides to this story, but how much is true?

freezingflyboy
08-24-2006, 05:27 PM

They had to pawn their computers to supplement their foodstamps.

aussieflyboy
08-24-2006, 06:47 PM
The problem is that many people do not know the story of GoJet. You know what is sad, GoJet or no GoJet, that flying would be done by someone. We all keep hearing many sides to this story, but how much is true?

G-Dog I think you're right. I know the subject of scabs is inflammatory to alot of people, and it's far from my intention to stir the pot for people on either side of the debate, but I recently crossed paths with a guy who's a CRJ captain with GoJet.

He was saying some things about the airline pilots who were on strike being led by the captains who were demanding more money because they didn't like the contract they had recieved. The problem was though, that the first officers were being held to ransom a little bit by those same captains, whereas most of them would not have been hit too hard by the new contract. Alot of FO's lost lost their flying jobs against their will, he explained to me.

I don't know the story very well, but I think G-dog's on the money when he says that it'd be good to hear a few different sides of the story from some of the different players involved to find out what went down there. Maybe we'd see they're not villains at all?? Maybe not??

freezingflyboy
08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
G-Dog I think you're right. I know the subject of scabs is inflammatory to alot of people, and it's far from my intention to stir the pot for people on either side of the debate, but I recently crossed paths with a guy who's a CRJ captain with GoJet.

He was saying some things about the airline pilots who were on strike being led by the captains who were demanding more money because they didn't like the contract they had recieved. The problem was though, that the first officers were being held to ransom a little bit by those same captains, whereas most of them would not have been hit too hard by the new contract. Alot of FO's lost lost their flying jobs against their will, he explained to me.

I don't know the story very well, but I think G-dog's on the money when he says that it'd be good to hear a few different sides of the story from some of the different players involved to find out what went down there. Maybe we'd see they're not villains at all?? Maybe not??

Thats how it is at pretty much any airline. The guys at the top have the most to lose and are willing to do almost anything to protect it. However, this screws the ones lower down on the totem pole. It makes sense, its a lot harder to go from 10 year captain at company X to being first your FO at company Y than it is to go from 2 year FO back to first year FO. On the flip side, if the guys at the top didnt protect the higher side of the pay scale, what would we have to look forward too? Probably not a whole hell of a lot. Im sure the airlines would love to see flat pay scales. You start at $20/hour and end at $20/hr no matter how long you've been there. Its sucks but its the way this industry works.

If you want to look at it from an economic standpoint: if an airline is going to furlough, it would make more sense economically to furlough the older (more expensive) guys first rather than all the first year FOs. Why not just lose one captain you are paying $80/hr instead of 4 FOs who are making $20/hr? You just protected 3 jobs and cut your costs by the same amount. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it. Plus younger guys complain less and arent as smart amount milking the system. Im sure management would love it. Thankfully, the seniority system prevents that. Just my 2 cents.

aussieflyboy
08-25-2006, 04:11 PM
You make a good point, freezing. Still would like to hear the story told from the point of view of some of the GoJet pilots.

Koolaidman
08-26-2006, 09:42 PM
As someone said earlier, the flying would be done by someone. That someone is GoJet. My take on the situation is that Trans States pilots worked hard to get the United contract, management offered a below average contract which the pilots turned down, and the flying was offered to people off the streets. They are working on a contract, but in the meantime aren't being treated to well by scheduling. A friend told me that they juniored him and he was #2 on the FO side. I heard rumors about 6 day trips with the seventh in a hotel. Again, just curious as to if this is true. Trans States Holdings gets more out of their pilots PROBABLY more than any other airline out there. It is unfortunate, but how many CFI's are out there that would fly a jet for $15 an hour? I hope some pilot group stands up to management and turns this industry around so we don't have to complain about people taking less than what they are worth. CFI's in my opinion don't know any better than to take a job a GoJet??? Just my thoughts!

flyerfly
08-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Its a bad deal Koolaid man. It really is. People selling out just to fly a jet. I once was blind but now I see. I'd rather fly my C-152 than sell out and loose jump seat privileges. Poor young guys at GoJets didn't even think about what would happen. They saw a big shinny jet and bit at it. Thank God I took my time and instructed. I learned a lot about the industry from fellow pilots and our great source of infinite knowledge "Airline Pilot Central" Does anyone think TSA will hire and offer GoJets deal or let people on to TSA line.

Ellen
09-07-2006, 01:00 PM
This airline will be seen in the "Airliner Cemetary"

Instead of everyone asking "WHAT SHOULD I DO" and "WHICH AIRLINE SHOULD I PICK," my suggestion is dig deep into their recent financial records, look at what they have to say about current conditions including labor and contractual flying agreements, as well as the financials, THEN CHOOSE.

Looking at ALL the regionals, I would only go to work for three (3). Looking at the nationals and majors, and cargo. I would pick only four (4), with (1 of those 4) being iffy.

E

Zach
09-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Looking at ALL the regionals, I would only go to work for three (3). Looking at the nationals and majors, and cargo. I would pick only four (4), with (1 of those 4) being iffy.

E

Could you enlighten me on which 3 regionals?

CL65driver
09-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Ellen's cut and paste that all over the board... who knows what it means. :rolleyes:

freezingflyboy
09-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Ellen's cut and paste that all over the board... who knows what it means. :rolleyes:

She sounds like a bitter, pyscho sukubus to me.:D

freezingflyboy
09-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Could you enlighten me on which 3 regionals?

No one can tell you where the best place to work for you is (especially not piece of flame bait like ellen). You gotta figure out what is important to you. Do you want the quick upgrade? Good pay and work rules? Jet equipment? East Coast? West Coast? Midwest? etc etc. There is a balancing act. People stay at regionals with good pay and work rules for a reason but that means upgrades can be slow unless there is lots of expansion (ie Horizon). On the flipside, you can upgrade fast at some places because pay is low, QOL sucks and the equipment isn't the best (ie Colgan). To each his own.

Zach
09-07-2006, 04:25 PM
No one can tell you where the best place to work for you is (especially not piece of flame bait like ellen). You gotta figure out what is important to you. Do you want the quick upgrade? Good pay and work rules? Jet equipment? East Coast? West Coast? Midwest? etc etc. There is a balancing act. People stay at regionals with good pay and work rules for a reason but that means upgrades can be slow unless there is lots of expansion (ie Horizon). On the flipside, you can upgrade fast at some places because pay is low, QOL sucks and the equipment isn't the best (ie Colgan). To each his own.

I know I gotta figure out what is important to me. I actually plan on going to TSA, mostly because I am from STL and I know a lot of pilots there. Upgrade time shouldn't take too long with the rate people leave there. I know TSA isn't the best regional, but I wouldn't have to commute. I don't really want to commute for a regional job, unless I got hire by Skywest and based in Chicago. To each his own, as you said.

BoilerUP
09-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Upgrade time shouldn't take too long with the rate people leave there.

Most of the attrition (probably 75%) is FOs, as far as what my friends tell me. People currently at TSA can give you accurate info. Unless they get growth, don't count on any fast upgrade - they've got displaced CAs flying as FOs right now...

freezingflyboy
09-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Most of the attrition (probably 75%) is FOs, as far as what my friends tell me. People currently at TSA can give you accurate info. Unless they get growth, don't count on any fast upgrade - they've got displaced CAs flying as FOs right now...

I met one (a displaced CA) at an outstation not too long ago who was thinking about leaving TSA for XJT because of all the BS at TSA.

Zach
09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
What does displaced captain mean?

flaps 9
09-07-2006, 08:18 PM
What does displaced captain mean?

He/She now flys as an F/O. Not by choice :(

Pilotpip
09-07-2006, 08:36 PM
When they got rid of flying, the FOs weren't the only ones affected. About 100 captains got bumped back to the right seat. One I know has been there for about five years.

U-I pilot
09-08-2006, 09:15 AM
I was furloughed from TSA right after IOE, and left for XJT. I didn't know how green the grass could be until I set foot in IAH. What a great company. Glad it worked for me to get out of STL when I did.

As bad as it is at TSA, there are many that stay because of seniority, lifestyle/longevity pay, leased apartments or other factors. The longer you've been there, the more you feel you are losing by leaving. Starting over is never easy, but if you think 5 years down the line, TSA is not a place I would want to be. If you can keep your future in mind, do what's best for you to be where you want to be.

pilot754
09-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I am confirmed for an inter on Sept 19, 2006 @ TSA HQ.
Am aware of www.aviationinterviews.com and atp-asa book prep.
Which hotel did you all stay at min. standards 3 stars +!?
My stats are 1245 TT and 125 MEL. [email protected]

Thanks

Koolaidman
09-08-2006, 10:32 PM
FlyerFly knows whats up!!!!!

Zach,

The upgrade time isn't what they tell you. I figure you have around 140 CA's in the STL domicile at any point in time. About 40 of those guys are lifers and about 30 or so can't leave because of family. So that leaves you 70 CA's who are looking to go elsewhere. I assume you know how competitive it is out there to get on with a major, so how many of the 70 do you think will get on in the next two years? Also, how many FO's are in front of you to upgrade??? The only people leaving TSA are the FO's who have had enough and have gone elsewhere. Some had 2 - 3 years seniority!!! Not a bad place to be if you live in STL and can look past the negativity that is in the company. However, don't believe a two year upgrade, the J41's are gone and that is where the two year upgrade was!

Good luck and don't sell out to GoJet and screw the rest of us! It amazes me that GoJet hasn't gotten a contract yet, it is such a good deal, just ask management!!!

POPA
09-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Which hotel did you all stay at min. standards 3 stars +!?

Too good to stay somewhere cheap for a night?

flynavyj
09-08-2006, 11:12 PM
from what i've heard on the inside ALPA is trying to work things with the teamsters to have both trans states and go-jet go against trans states holdings for improved conditions...(doesn't sound good for us newbies who'd end up waxing cars to pay to live). This hasn't been totally confirmed yet, but, if it's true, ALPA might be bridging the Go Jet gap.

surreal1221
09-09-2006, 02:41 AM
Oh how nice of ALPA to try to bridge the gap instead of making it deeper. Go Jet needs not to have representation from ALPA. IMHO at least.

Zach
09-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Good luck and don't sell out to GoJet and screw the rest of us! It amazes me that GoJet hasn't gotten a contract yet, it is such a good deal, just ask management!!!

Thanks for the advice, and I will NEVER go to GoJet.

Koolaidman
09-09-2006, 01:20 PM
GoJet was CREATED to screw ALPA. 1) If Trans States Holdings wanted Trans States pilots to do the flying, do you think they would have offered the contract they did? Answer:NO. 2) Why didn't GoJet go with ALPA instead of Teamsters? 3) Why doesn't GoJet have a contract since it was the "place to be" according to a few pilots I have spoken with who fly there? A former Trans States Check Airman who sold out and went there had the nerve to tell me that GoJet's contract will be better than Trans States!!! What are these people on???

I am personally anxious to see what their contract is like. If it is going to be sooooo good over at GoJet, then why would they start them off with crappy work rules and the current pay scale they are on? WHY? Because MGMNT knows there are people stupid and desperate enough to do the flying!!!!

Unfortunately, there are people at Trans States who believe that there is still a chance GoJet and Trans States will become one seniority list. Wishful thinking people!!!!