Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Typhoonpilot
11-11-2010, 06:03 AM
USA - Global Pilot Career Conference & Job Fair

Emirates employ highly skilled and successful Flight Deck Crew from around the world. We are currently recruiting experienced and technically proficient First Officers to fly our extensive international route network. The First Officer position offers an exceptional opportunity for ambitious pilots to develop their career on one of the youngest high-tech fleets, with one of the fastest growing and most profitable airlines in the world. Emirates now has 204 wide-body aircraft worth more than US$67 billion on order to add to it's current fleet of 152 aircraft including A330/A340/A380's and B777's.

Emirates will be attending the Global Pilot Career Conference & Job Fair on 20th November 2010. These sessions will provide more information on Emirates, our selection programme, the benefits of living and working in Dubai and details of our remuneration package.

20th November 2010
Washington DC
Hyatt Dulles
2300 Dulles Corner Blvd.,
Herndon, Virginia, 20171
8.30 am 5.00 pm

To apply to Emirates, candidates must have a minimum of 4000 total and 2000 multi-crew, multi-engine jet hours; or a total of 2500 hours on a modern commercial jet aircraft, ICAO ATPL, ICAO English level (4 or above) and be current within the last 12 months.

We will provide candidates with a round trip ticket to Dubai from an Emirates destination to attend our Selection Programme.

For further information on all aspects related to flying for Emirates and to apply online, please visit emiratesgroupcareers.com

wayne_krr
11-11-2010, 11:49 PM
You still advocating on behalf of the company Tim?

Typhoonpilot
11-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Give it a rest wanker :( .

It's not a bad job if one is furloughed or unemployed.

Oh and all the guys you told not to come to EK 4 years ago are now becoming B777 Captains. Who'd a thought :rolleyes:

TP

BizPilot
11-12-2010, 06:41 PM
BTW 2,000 hours jet on over 30 tons.
Age < 52
BMI < 30

Seems these items on not on their website.

KoruPilot
11-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I was wondering if that was a short, derogatory, comment. . . "friend of yours" TP?

filejw
11-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Having watched this show for a long time I must say this is a pretty weak statement.Typhoon Pilot has giving pretty much unbiased info to many pilots on different web sites for a long time. Nothing wrong with that..

captjns
11-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Having watched this show for a long time I must say this is a pretty weak statement.Typhoon Pilot has giving pretty much unbiased info to many pilots on different web sites for a long time. Nothing wrong with that..

While I've never met Typhoon (Tim) Pilot, IMHO he is probably one of the more mature and unbiased posters on both APC and PPrune.

Typhoonpilot
11-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the support guys. I do appreciate it and my intent has always been to try to help. Wayne's original purpose in joining APC was to be the devil's advocate. Nothing wrong with that. He saw my posts as too positive and he wanted to interject the negative aspects of joining EK. His arguments hold some merit and EK is certainly not the best place for some pilots to come, but as history has now shown those on the fence who he may have dissuaded from joining EK 4 years ago may not have been well served.

Wayne remains anonymous to me, although he clearly knows who I am. His style is this hit and run question technique. It gets tiring after awhile.

TP

gearcrankr
11-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the support guys. I do appreciate it and my intent has always been to try to help. Wayne's original purpose in joining APC was to be the devil's advocate. Nothing wrong with that. He saw my posts as too positive and he wanted to interject the negative aspects of joining EK. His arguments hold some merit and EK is certainly not the best place for some pilots to come, but as history has now shown those on the fence who he may have dissuaded from joining EK 4 years ago may not have been well served.

Wayne remains anonymous to me, although he clearly knows who I am. His style is this hit and run question technique. It gets tiring after awhile.

TP

No worries TP we all know the type. Any word on the exodus from EK? Are the natives getting concerned?

Typhoonpilot
11-13-2010, 12:00 PM
No worries TP we all know the type. Any word on the exodus from EK? Are the natives getting concerned?

The attrition rate might be around 4% right now. Hard to pin down the number. I expect it will go higher in the next few years as a lot of us hit 7-10 years here and the age 65 change has worked it's way through the system worldwide. They'll be lots of B787 contract jobs and the first in line for them will be 777 guys. If the attrition gets much over 5% the company will really need to do something to increase retention.

TP

wayne_krr
11-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Typhoon, you're absolutely right that I haven't contributed much to the debate and for that I apologise. I have no doubt that you are sincere in wanting the absolute best for US pilots who face joblessness or furlough. We have had this debate over the years and from my perspective, perhaps selfishly, I have not wanted to re-enter. I have never taken the position that guys shouldn't take the job here, I took one myself after all. My concern has always been that to promote EK and effectively perform a recruiting role for the company
means that you take on the responsibility for ensuring that potential employees know all aspects of life in the UAE and the company, including the very worst. From my position I don't think you do that. You are very factual and balanced and that would work well in a decent society. Anonymity can be very important in a country like the UAE.
I won't re-enter the fray but leave my personal opinions out from here on in. Thanks for your mostly decent interchanges, a private message, excepted and apologies to the wider aviation community for the thread drift.

The Dominican
11-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Pretty classless to post names on a site that you don't even have to be logged in to read.

SIGMET
11-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Any news from sbd that went to the open house yesterday?
Especially if they are still requiring the jet time to be over 30 Tons?

Thks...

B757200ER
11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Agree 100%. TP gives you the straight scoop, regardless whether he champions EK or not. Always good info with good insight.

LIOG41
11-21-2010, 08:37 AM

Thks...

I only heard from one person there that spoke to them (I have no interest) and they were told that they meet and well exceed all the quals except for the 30 ton deal. So they told them to try and get their hands on a plane over 30 tons, "just for one hour"...that's all they need. Ridiculous. I say give it six months when they are hard-up for pilots.

SIGMET
11-22-2010, 06:10 AM
HI LiO,

Thanks for the detail, It doesn't make much sense but if thats the case they are already changing their policy. When i went to the MIA open house they said that the 2000H jet multi crew needed to be above 30T.
I did not qualify then because I have 2000H jet PIC but only 500H in CRJ-700 above 30T and the other 1500H EMB-140 below 30T.

SO I dont get this get 1H above 30T and you are good to go????

Anyway if anybody has something else about the topic or an EMAIL that I can inquire about it...

Thanks again.

imr125
11-23-2010, 08:52 AM

Thks...

Yup-they want over 30 tons. They may drop/waive it in the future.

motojet
11-26-2010, 08:10 AM
The attrition rate might be around 4% right now. Hard to pin down the number. I expect it will go higher in the next few years as a lot of us hit 7-10 years here and the age 65 change has worked it's way through the system worldwide. They'll be lots of B787 contract jobs and the first in line for them will be 777 guys. If the attrition gets much over 5% the company will really need to do something to increase retention.

TP

I'm towards the bottom of the list and I've gone up 45 numbers in 8 months. By my possibly inaccurate calculations, that's less than a 3% attrition rate per year since we now have over 2400 pilots at EK.

fatbus
11-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Do keep in mind that they will tell you that there is 200 A/C on order but what they don't say is there is also 100 retirements from now to 2020. 2500 pilots now and 4000 by 2020, do the math. someone hired now will not have an upgrade planned unless attrition continues . hiring is about 350-450 per year for the next few ( 4000 ) total. 777 FO's will have to go to the bus for upgrade more than likely the 350. 330 rosters not very good at the moment , 2-3 years from now it will the 777 with the poor rosters

SIGMET
11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Well i updated my app yesterday and they sent me a mail back saying that the 2000H need to be over 30T, Bummer!

Here it is:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am writing in relation to your application to join Emirates as a First Officer. We have now had the opportunity to review your application.

Currently, Emirates' minimum requirements are as follows:

First Officers
- A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time
- (May include 25% P3 or FEO time to a max of 500 hr) and a minimum of 2000 hours on multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft with an MTOW >30T (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement)

OR

- 2500 hours multi-crew, multi-engine jet aircraft with an MTOW >30T, in which case the total hour requirement can be disregarded (P3 time cannot be used for this requirement)
- ICAO ATPL
- Age: Maximum 51 years (before 52nd birthday) or less at commencement of course

Note: Candidates within the 48-52 age bracket are required to have command experience on multi engine turbo jet aero planes with a MTOW of > 30 tons.

At present, you do not meet our minimum requirements. Please continue to update your application to ensure that your professional experience (including flying hours, aircraft types and dates flown) is correctly reflected. Your application will be reconsidered once you meet our minimum requirements.

Best wishes in your career and personal endeavours and thank you for your interest in Emirates.

Yours sincerely,

Pilot Recruitment

This is a computer generated letter and bears no signature.