Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

FuelJetA
09-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Mine expires at the end of September. I have in front of me:
Gleim
American Flyers
Jeppesen
Aviation Seminars

Which one do I choose? Anyone have any experience with this?:confused:

FlyerJosh
09-07-2006, 09:56 AM
I done both the Jepp and AF courses.

The Jepp will take you less time since you can essentially click through all the pages quickly, and take the tests.

The AF course requires you to continually click pages at regular intervals to run a course timer in order to meet required "study time."

The nice thing about the AF course though is you pay once for the course and that's it. Lifetime renewals for free (only pay to have the paperwork processed or go to the FSDO yourself for free.)

KZ1000Shaft
09-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I, too, have used both the Jepp and AF courses. I like the Jepp course better but the AF course is a for-life subscription. Your other option is to either get a new instructor rating if you can (expensive but useful) or if you have the pass rate, go to the FSDO and do it that way.

FuelJetA
09-07-2006, 11:28 AM
I, too, have used both the Jepp and AF courses. I like the Jepp course better but the AF course is a for-life subscription. Your other option is to either get a new instructor rating if you can (expensive but useful) or if you have the pass rate, go to the FSDO and do it that way.
Any other rating can renew your CFI except an initial type rating. I am already a CFI, CFII, MEI. I would love to get a float rating to renew it but I just don't see it happening by the end of the month.

I signed up for Jeppesen. Thanks for the advice guys!

POPA
09-07-2006, 02:09 PM
By Jeppeson, I assume you mean the Air Safety Foundation course?

de727ups
09-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Gleim................