Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : What to expect?

CRJ-200
09-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I haven't had an FAA medical exam yet. Since I'm "career-bound" I'm going to get a First Class medical. I was just wondering what to expect. I had a physical not too long ago and was given *knock on wood* a clean bill of health.

Thanks

JustAMushroom
09-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Every medical you fill out will follow you for the rest of your career. Don't lie on any of them because they will compare one to another.

Medicals are strait forward. The FAR/AIM gives you a standard they will follow. Get to know one doctor who you plan on seeing for 10 or so years. It will pay off in the long run.

Every airline gets a copy of all your FAA medical records and reviews them. Good luck.

undflyboy06
09-18-2006, 09:35 PM
The standard 1st class medical I get normally consits of a wiz quiz, eye test to make sure you are 20/20, measure blood pressure, and finally have the doctor come and check you out.

Not much to it.