Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

7islands
09-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi,

I am new and my plan is to take my Private, Commercial, IRF and Multi-Engine licenses this year. I am from Canada and would travel to Florida to take my classes and it would take about 7 months.

So basicly I want to know if it is a good start to gain those licenses, once I am done with the courses, where should I start working to build enough hours to get better jobs? I would really like to work for Air Canada when I get the experience required, my dream is basicly being an airline pilot who does very long international flights :)

What kind of experience do I need and how do I get it?

Thanks,
Kevin

AirWillie
09-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi,

I am new and my plan is to take my Private, Commercial, IRF and Multi-Engine licenses this year. I am from Canada and would travel to Florida to take my classes and it would take about 7 months.

So basicly I want to know if it is a good start to gain those licenses, once I am done with the courses, where should I start working to build enough hours to get better jobs? I would really like to work for Air Canada when I get the experience required, my dream is basicly being an airline pilot who does very long international flights :)

What kind of experience do I need and how do I get it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Dude, don't Canadian airlines require you to complete your licenses in Canada?

GetErDun
09-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Well, this plan really backfired.........