Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Compass training

buffalopilot
08-11-2011, 09:40 AM
from my understanding, you go to MSP for 2 days, home for 30days then back for training and sim. How long is the training then after the 30 days?

paxhauler85
08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
from my understanding, you go to MSP for 2 days, home for 30days then back for training and sim. How long is the training then after the 30 days?

In a perfect world approx 4 weeks. Lately its been taking roughly 4-5 months from your hire date to IOE due to a training program that has been turned upside down and subsequently re-designed.

tylervet
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
The 1st day is a medical of sorts, EGT, etc. The second you receive a password and all of the CBT info for the following 30 days. The training program is very close to being caught up (is my understanding). All new hires are to receive an ATP and PIC type during initial again. Bringing the 70 or so back that did not receive a PIC type during initial, may put a wrench in the whole thing, again.

Your pay anniversary begins when the first person in your class completes IOE, i.e. completes it on Nov 16, anniversary is Oct 31, or completes it on Dec 17, anniversary is Dec 31. Thank NW pilots for that doozy. (industry standard!!! my ass.) sorry.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1