Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : AMR opens for trading 77% lower

satpak77
11-29-2011, 06:19 AM
AMR: Summary for AMR Corporation Common Stock- Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=amr&ql=1)

FYI: below $1 trading for extending time (30+ days) can result in NYSE delisting

tsquare
11-29-2011, 06:25 AM
LOL.. I think it's headed for de-listing well before 30 days. Right now the short sellers are covering.. After that dust settles.. the stock isn't even low grade toilet paper.

Elvis90
11-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Same thing happened to Frontier's stock following bankruptcy, and the subsequent acquisition by Republic.

satpak77
11-29-2011, 06:37 AM
they just became 77% cheaper for takeover and buy-out

Boogie Nights
11-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Sold my stock 6 weeks ago after talking to an AA FO. He obiviously saw this coming. I talked to an AA capt 2 days later (after I sold the stock) he thought this would never happen. I was wondering if I had made the wrong decision and should have stuck it out. I guess I was right to listen to the FO.

Av8tion
11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
I was on APC a few months ago talking stock with some of the guys here... talking about how they put a bunch of money in AMR hoping it would pop following bankruptcy denials and all that jazz... chilling to think how much money a lot of people just lost overnight on Tuesday...

tsquare
11-30-2011, 03:12 PM
they just became 77% cheaper for takeover and buy-out

eh not really... just because the stock price is less doesnt erase that debt.... yet.