Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States

buffalopilot
10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
I went on airline apps and they want internal recommendations from employees and it say it is required, so I cant apply unless I know someone?

POPA
10-24-2006, 01:38 PM
To my knowledge, an internal recommendation isn't required - then again, my resume was walked in, so I can't speak for certain. I can tell you that as with all companies, a recommendation is highly beneficial. I can also tell you that at this point, we're not even talking to anybody with less than 1000/100. Good luck!

btwissel
10-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I went on airline apps and they want internal recommendations from employees and it say it is required, so I cant apply unless I know someone?

if you want to wait till march, i'll be on the inside and help a brotha (or sista) out

flynavyj
10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
btwissel, what's are u waiting for a class? What's the outlook like now....been away from the training center for a few weeks and seem outta the loop.

btwissel
10-24-2006, 05:15 PM
my class date isn't till Jan 2, so was guessing 8 weeks for initial and sim till i hit the (reserve) line.

all i know is second-hand rumor, but at least here at Purdue they'll be back to interview more people this March.

Skyranger777
10-25-2006, 05:48 PM
I can also tell you that at this point, we're not even talking to anybody with less than 1000/100. Good luck!

I know someone who just got hired on there with 800/50

flynavyj
10-25-2006, 06:11 PM
how long ago? internal recommendation? just curious, during our sept. 5th and oct. 9th classes, hiring times weren't all that high, by the end of the hiring spree for the oct. 9th class, they were looking at people w/ "quantity" hours again, basically 1000/100...but, they did later ask me and a couple friends for recomendations, cause their "quantity" applicants basically were either bombing the interview, or they thought flying w/ them was going to be a difficult difficult time.

monkeypaws
10-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Hows the training? Anything that I should brush up on before I start in a week and a half? Any tips?

MP

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1