Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

grimmdj
05-09-2012, 06:38 AM
What are people using for performance calculator programs
for the Challenger 300 and are any available on the I-Pad?
Dave

galaxy flyer
05-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Use the FMS, why anything else?

GF

CL30LAVDMPR
05-09-2012, 08:07 PM
We use APG for runway analysis, performance and W&B. Their iPad app is great.

galaxy flyer
05-10-2012, 07:11 AM
So do we.

GF

7Xdriver
05-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Use the FMS, why anything else?

GF

I assume you are joking. :)

galaxy flyer
05-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Slightly, the FMS, in a dual installation is certified as primary data, meaning, speeds and distances are usable without reference to the AFM. We do use APG runway analysis for weights and obstacle clearance. But, back to question, why use an outside program when the FMS is approved?

GF

CL30LAVDMPR
05-13-2012, 07:30 AM
But, back to question, why use an outside program when the FMS is approved?

GF

So that we can get out of ASE with enough fuel to fly further than Denver.

NorskAir
05-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Slightly, the FMS, in a dual installation is certified as primary data, meaning, speeds and distances are usable without reference to the AFM. We do use APG runway analysis for weights and obstacle clearance. But, back to question, why use an outside program when the FMS is approved?

GF

The FMS will only give you tab data climb gradient, same data as the AFM.
A runway analysis will give you comprehensive runway analysis which accounts for surrounding terrain. If you use AFM climb gradient to ensure you are meeting a SID climb gradient you are mixing apples and oranges......

7Xdriver
05-13-2012, 11:10 AM

GF

Welp, for me, by the time I get the FMS up and running, the planning part is over ;)

grimmdj
05-13-2012, 04:32 PM
7X, I'm with you on the FMS. Been spoiled
By CP Calc on the Sovereigns.
Thanks,
Dave

galaxy flyer
05-13-2012, 04:56 PM
NorskAir

I completely agree, I said we use APG runway analysis, but for speeds we just use the FMS unless the APG analysis has a V1noted.

GF