Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

SkyKing67
07-08-2012, 10:01 AM
I am a corporate pilot for a company in the Northwest. I am on schedule to fly in excess of 475 hours this year (all single pilot jet). I make a good salary $112K per year. I am originally from the south and have a very profitable business back home. I am torn between the move (1) because housing is 80 to 100% more than where I live now. (2) because I have a good business at home (not sure how long this will last, could go away with Obama) Really torn on what to do.

Should I resign and hope to find something closer to home or keep grinding away. We average 10 to 15 days a month away from base.

9250TT
4500 Jet
3 type ratings

8hourrule
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a rap song.

JobHopper
07-08-2012, 09:14 PM
It's always easier to find a job if you've already got one. If you intend to keep flying after heading south, I'd find a flying gig first and then resign your current position. Just my opinion.