Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Did Trans State strike?

duvie
11-03-2006, 03:44 AM
Can somebody, preferrably a TSA employee, explain the background behind the Gojets Saga.

When did you most guys found out about the other certificate?

Was it perceived as a real threat or a bargaining tool used by management?

What were the terms of the contract that you guys rejected that lead management to put GoJets into motion?

Did you ever strike?

Phil McGroin
11-03-2006, 05:50 AM
When did you most guys found out about the other certificate?

About 6-9 months before they got going

Was it perceived as a real threat or a bargaining tool used by management?

both, bargaining tool because they had not agreed on a 70 seat pay rate (current contract allows 70seat A/C to be paid at industry avg rates) and threat because nothing is stopping them from moving ERJ's to their cert. Plus GoJet has bid on some of the same flying that we have bid on.

What were the terms of the contract that you guys rejected that lead management to put GoJets into motion?

GoJet was already in operation when they offered to merge the lists. They wanted to extend our 6yr old contract a further 4yrs, furlough protect the original GoJet pilots, freeze per diem rates, and the list goes on. Mgt never intended for us to sign that LOA, it was more of a wish list.

If TSA Mgt really wanted us to fly those planes, we would be doing just that. There was never any reason for them to hire a seperate group of pilots to fly those airplanes other than to pay them less and work without a contract.

Did you ever strike?
Wouldn't be legal

duvie
11-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Did you ever strike?
Wouldn't be legal

Why wouldn't a strike be legal?

Phil McGroin
11-03-2006, 06:52 AM
We weren't in contract negatiations at the time. There is a pretty long process to go through for a strike.

hatetobreakit2u
11-03-2006, 07:06 AM
the process is dont show up for work that day

btwissel
11-03-2006, 09:28 AM

also refered to as the "blue flu" in the police world.

and it's an illegal work stoppage/strike.

Blackhawk
11-03-2006, 12:56 PM

Obviously has absolutely no clue about aviation. There is something called the Railway Labor Act (RLA), that must be followed in order for workers in the transportation industry to strike. Ask the COMAIR pilots and AMR pilots what happens when there is an illegal job action.

hatetobreakit2u
11-03-2006, 07:15 PM
theres another word for being forced to work if you dont want to, its called SLAVERY

magnum_man
11-03-2006, 10:19 PM
theres another word for being forced to work if you dont want to, its called SLAVERY

Yeah, so you were balled and chained to the cockpit I assume.

laxflier
11-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Nobody forced blojets "pilots" to take those jobs and screw the TSA guys.. It was their own free will....They/you willingly screwed TSA pilots... I have heard too much of the "Had to feed my family" horse******, and seeing as TSA is hiring, as are most regionals, I just wanted to make sure that I had it correct.... Seeing as you are the new arbiter of definitions....

hatetobreakit2u
11-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Nobody forced blojets "pilots" to take those jobs and screw the TSA guys.. It was their own free will....They/you willingly screwed TSA pilots... I have heard too much of the "Had to feed my family" horse******, and seeing as TSA is hiring, as are most regionals, I just wanted to make sure that I had it correct.... Seeing as you are the new arbiter of definitions....

i was not referreing FORCED to the blowjets guys working, i was using the word forced in regards to people who hide behind the railway labor act who are afraid to strike.

HotMamaPilot
11-04-2006, 06:25 PM
also refered to as the "blue flu" in the police world.

and it's an illegal work stoppage/strike.

spoken like a true union buster!:mad:

laxflier
11-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I was responding to ***-num man... Not you... You were dead on....

freezingflyboy
11-05-2006, 07:32 PM
**** and go fly your twatter breakit2u. come back when you have something useful to say.

hatetobreakit2u
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
**** and go fly your twatter breakit2u. come back when you have something useful to say.
arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win your still f'in retarded, freezin

read some history about the airline industry and all the strikes that went on to make the glory days what they once were and now are long gone, theres alot of pilots that hide behind the RLA and are scared do do anything.

your not much higher up on the food/parasite chain than me being in the right seat of an RJ. but i can guarantee i know alot more about what the airlines WERE and USED to be and how things used to work, and people's attitudes today of just stand by humbly while the government tells me what to do are not helping it a bit.

one theory, airline pilots were a majority of ex-military pilots for many years who knew what a brotherhood meant, knew how to stand together, and knew how to look out for each other.
now more and more airline pilots are spineless kids straight outta college who dont know crap about what it USED to be like, all just stepping on each other's backs because they hope to make 100K someday.

which category are you?

read some history and learn how unions and strikes brought us out of the slavelike textile factory era of the late 1800's early 1900's. the first step always is diplomacy, but sometimes diplomacy doesnt work and the only answer is to do it anyways. we tried to tell britain that we wanted the right to vote if we paid taxes and they didnt listen,
you know what the answer was, THE BOSTON TEA PARTY which led to the REVOLUTIONARY WAR.

learn some friggin history kid

hatetobreakit2u
11-05-2006, 08:02 PM
you just got owned

flynavyj
11-05-2006, 10:01 PM
what's sad isn't that it's just a bunch of "spineless kids" hiding behind the RLA, but it's also the unions who represent the "spineless kids" and, that union is typically under the leadership of indiviudals who would be appauled if you called them spineless, and far more insulted if you called them kids.

btwissel
11-06-2006, 07:06 AM
spoken like a true union buster!:mad:

ouch, hotmama, ouch.

and i thought my dad taught me better (on the MEC for his IAFF local);)

HotMamaPilot
11-06-2006, 07:14 AM
ouch, hotmama, ouch.

and i thought my dad taught me better (on the MEC for his IAFF local);)

You are exonerated:D

freezingflyboy
11-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win your still f'in retarded, freezin
Wow...if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black...:rolleyes:

read some history about the airline industry and all the strikes that went on to make the glory days what they once were and now are long gone, theres alot of pilots that hide behind the RLA and are scared do do anything.
Hide behind the RLA huh? Well I'd rather stand together with a bunch of guys who have some professionalism and sense of responsibility and call it "hiding behind the RLA" than be with a bunch of low-brow losers whos attitude is "******* everyone else but me, I don't feel like working today". There is a difference between a strike and an illegal work stoppage. You should know that since you seem to be very into history. But who am I? Apparently I don't know any history...:rolleyes:

your not much higher up on the food/parasite chain than me being in the right seat of an RJ. but i can guarantee i know alot more about what the airlines WERE and USED to be and how things used to work, and people's attitudes today of just stand by humbly while the government tells me what to do are not helping it a bit.

one theory, airline pilots were a majority of ex-military pilots for many years who knew what a brotherhood meant, knew how to stand together, and knew how to look out for each other.
now more and more airline pilots are spineless kids straight outta college who dont know crap about what it USED to be like, all just stepping on each other's backs because they hope to make 100K someday.

which category are you?

read some history and learn how unions and strikes brought us out of the slavelike textile factory era of the late 1800's early 1900's. the first step always is diplomacy, but sometimes diplomacy doesnt work and the only answer is to do it anyways. we tried to tell britain that we wanted the right to vote if we paid taxes and they didnt listen,
you know what the answer was, THE BOSTON TEA PARTY which led to the REVOLUTIONARY WAR.

learn some friggin history kid

Thats cool that you know about how things USED to be. I guess you can use all your genius and free time to build a time machine and go back in time and relive those days.

For the record and not because I have to justify anything to anyone like you, but I have never stepped on anyones back to get anything in my life. Have I been lucky? Yes. Do I have any regrets or has anyone else suffered because of me? Not to the best of my knowledge.

Heres the difference between a textile mill and an airline: If textile workers don't show up to work, the nation won't suffer a crippling loss of GDP that ripples across nearly every other industry in the country. Last figures I saw showed that the US airline industry contributed NO LESS than 10% of the ENTIRE country's GDP. Thats a hell of a chunk of change. The reason for the RLA was to prevent wildcat work stoppages from crippling the economy. You wanna see a country that has suffered at the hands of wildcat labor, go take a gander at France. Some of those numbnut labor groups strike if their coffee gets cold.

freezingflyboy
11-06-2006, 12:57 PM
you just got owned

Way to give yourself props...thats awesome:rolleyes:

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1