Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

LR31APILOT
08-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Lear 60: Van Nuys to San Diego 1100 Overcast with the GoPro

bH-IzAOzBLI

ERJF15
08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
That's cool

DirectTo
08-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Nice video!

I've been thinking about getting a Go Pro myself...any suggestions or thoughts on how you like yours?

etflies
08-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Looks like fun, I love flying into SAN, one of my favorite approaches. How come you guys exited left off of 27 towards the pax airline side?

Javok
08-06-2012, 08:32 PM
That was really cool. Great idea!

LR31APILOT
08-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Nice video!

I've been thinking about getting a Go Pro myself...any suggestions or thoughts on how you like yours?

I love it but would only recommend it to people who understand what it is. If I gave my grandma a GoPro she would have no clue how to deal with it. It has only 2 buttons and no playback screen or view finder features. I think its simplicity of design is genius but might be totally confusing or even disappointing to others.

Looks like fun, I love flying into SAN, one of my favorite approaches. How come you guys exited left off of 27 towards the pax airline side?

:o hahaha, because I missed C6. In my defense the 60 is a bit of a runway hog, we were at max landing weight tankering fuel for the next leg and I like my owner/job and don't want to wast his tires and breaks needlessly. Its a little less than 3500 feet from the displaced threshold to C6... totally doable... but i did not.

PW305
08-07-2012, 05:01 AM
Great Vid! I've spent the last 8 years on the 60, great airplane in many ways. Are you 91 or 135?

etflies
08-07-2012, 09:10 AM
:o hahaha, because I missed C6. In my defense the 60 is a bit of a runway hog, we were at max landing weight tankering fuel for the next leg and I like my owner/job and don't want to wast his tires and breaks needlessly. Its a little less than 3500 feet from the displaced threshold to C6... totally doable... but i did not.

Understandable, haha. Sorry if it seemed like I was calling you out, it as honest curiosity! Looks like you guys had fun though.

USMCFLYR
08-07-2012, 09:24 AM

I love it but would only recommend it to people who understand what it is. If I gave my grandma a GoPro she would have no clue how to deal with it. It has only 2 buttons and no playback screen or view finder features. I think its simplicity of design is genius but might be totally confusing or even disappointing to others.

I wondered that too, though I figured it was for some conflict. Sort of like that Cessna sitting on the taxiway that it looked like you finally had to maneuver around to get to the line.

Btw - I think I saw my old apartment on your approach to SAN :)(not really - but I did live at the NW corner of Balboa Park) I finally made it over to the Aviation Museum before I left the area.

USMCFLYR

samstanton
08-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Great Vid! I've spent the last 8 years on the 60, great airplane in many ways. Are you 91 or 135?

We do a mix of 91 and 135, nice username!

Understandable, haha. Sorry if it seemed like I was calling you out, it as honest curiosity! Looks like you guys had fun though.

Not at all. In a King Air I once flew if you didn't make C6 you got to buy the beers that night. The localizer to 27 can make it a little challenging if you are not aggressive on the step-downs.

FlyerJosh
08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Nice video. I too have a GoPro. I've shot video from some of my trips to use as airport/ATC familiarization for other crews as well as to allow me to review flights after getting home for gotchas. Just wish the batteries lasted a bit longer.

LR31APILOT
08-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Nice video. I too have a GoPro. I've shot video from some of my trips to use as airport/ATC familiarization for other crews as well as to allow me to review flights after getting home for gotchas. Just wish the batteries lasted a bit longer.

Ya batteries seem to go a little too quick.