Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Tracking corporate flights

needtofly
10-05-2012, 07:13 AM
What is the best way to track corporate flights that is free?

Thanks

FlyerJosh
10-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Are you tracking your own company's flights or somebody else?

flightaware.com is a good place to start provided that tail numbers haven't been blocked.

jumpseat2024
10-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I second flight aware..good app too..but like Josh said, a lot of them are blocked

galaxy flyer
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
If you have ARINC datalink, the plane can automatically give off and on reports.

GF

needtofly
10-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks and not my companys flights, I tried Flightaware, but I don't think it is tracking ALL of the flights. How do I access ARINC datalink?

galaxy flyer
10-05-2012, 12:51 PM
ARINC requires you to be a datalink subscriber, that requires a plane.

GF

7Xdriver
10-06-2012, 03:44 AM
Thanks and not my companys flights, I tried Flightaware, but I don't think it is tracking ALL of the flights. How do I access ARINC datalink?

What need would you have to track another companies flight?

BD100
10-06-2012, 05:57 AM

Why are you guys helping a reporter track your companies flights?

galaxy flyer
10-06-2012, 08:10 AM
If you really need to track flights, your company (NY Times, perhaps?) will provide the means to do so. If you are a bystander, home simmer, whatever, that's shy they block them--it's NONE of your business. BTW, in the UK even listening to ATC comms is illegal.

GF

needtofly
10-16-2012, 07:42 PM
If you really need to track flights, your company (NY Times, perhaps?) will provide the means to do so. If you are a bystander, home simmer, whatever, that's shy they block them--it's NONE of your business. BTW, in the UK even listening to ATC comms is illegal.

GF

WOW you guys/girls are a paranoid group, it was simply to watch a friends progress across the country.....get a grip...it's going to be okay. Reporter!! no..just a 25 year professional pilot who could care less about tracking flights except when a friend is going coast to coast for the first time.

To those who gave normal/helpful responses I thank you, his flight went perfectly.

mmaviator
10-16-2012, 10:09 PM
WOW you guys/girls are a paranoid group, it was simply to watch a friends progress across the country.....get a grip...it's going to be okay. Reporter!! no..just a 25 year professional pilot who could care less about tracking flights except when a friend is going coast to coast for the first time.

To those who gave normal/helpful responses I thank you, his flight went perfectly.

in this day in age where have you been????? Tracking flights.....I know FA's that now where and how to do it. Good luck.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyu5NS_IgKrHr0E4CWQtj78zn0rjL2f A_T7qJh_v-RUHxR0Z2Z

needtofly
10-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Again...something I don't do (nor care to do) this was a special occasion. And if you are going to throw garbage back you might as well get it right.

"Day in age (day and age)
The usefulness of the clichéd phrase day and age is questionable, but it makes sense as a redundant way of saying era or just age. Day in age, on the other hand, is a nonsensical mondegreen derived from a mishearing of day and age."

NTF

7Xdriver
10-20-2012, 06:06 AM

As a "25 year professional pilot" you should understand how important security is for corporate aircraft. The group is not paranoid, the group simply questioning a post from a person with no identity who could have easily been a reporter but ended up being an ass.

galaxy flyer
10-20-2012, 08:33 AM
And, as a "25 year professional pilot" you should be aware of the MSM's love of hachet jobs on corporate aviation, usually based on selective screening of flight profiles. The Daily Beast just did one yesterday. Our President seems to love AF1, while castigating others using private jets, excepting guys like Jeff Immelt, Steven Spielburg and the like.

GF