Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : TACA Info

RunnerMark
12-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Curious how business is going at TACA recently. I've mostly found info from a few years ago. I read that they recently announced a purchase of 15 ATR-72's, are TACA pilots flying those or do they have a "regional" network of pilots similar to US carriers?

Also, I've read that you MUST be a resident of a central American country to work there. Any US ex-pats down there??

Thanks for any info.

badflaps
12-27-2012, 08:26 AM
TACA's only gringo retired a number of years ago.

RunnerMark
01-17-2013, 02:39 PM

Thank you.

Wonder if they'll hire more in the future...

Hawker Driver
01-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Funny..................!

bluelion
01-17-2013, 07:51 PM
My cousin works there as a manager- he walked my resume into the chief pilot who said he was going to give me a call- and nothing... anyway they merged with Avianca and are now Avianca Taca- before the merge if you wanted to fly for TACA you had to convert all your licenses to Salvadorian ones and you had to be a citizen to work there. the pay wasnt all that great as well. Now that they merged not sure what the hiring policy will be. But even with my family connections I am not interested anymore, especially with the majors picking up hiring later this year (hopefully...)

RunnerMark
01-17-2013, 07:56 PM
My cousin works there as a manager- he walked my resume into the chief pilot who said he was going to give me a call- and nothing... anyway they merged with Avianca and are now Avianca Taca- before the merge if you wanted to fly for TACA you had to convert all your licenses to Salvadorian ones and you had to be a citizen to work there. the pay wasnt all that great as well. Now that they merged not sure what the hiring policy will be. But even with my family connections I am not interested anymore, especially with the majors picking up hiring later this year (hopefully...)

Thanks for chiming in. I've been wondering about the merger and how it would affect the conditions. I'd love a decent job in central America for a little while, but understand the pay isn't first (or second) rate.

PCLCREW
01-19-2013, 10:08 AM
I was recently in Miami at Pan Am where Taca/ Avianca does their Airbus training. I was talking to one of their sim instructors and asked about hiring expats. He said nope and doubt it would ever happen.

Turbine
01-19-2013, 12:12 PM
The only good thing about flying for TACA would be their fine ass flight attendants.

MDT06
01-19-2013, 01:24 PM
No expats, that is what I heard over and over for the last 3 years. TACA is changing its name to Avianca.

MDT06