Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ISBAO Question

Mink
01-09-2013, 10:21 AM
I know there have been threads here in the past about the ISBAO "process", but I'm wondering, now that the program has been in place for a while and has gained some acceptance (for lack of a better term - I know there are still plenty of nonbelievers), has anyone been ramp check and had to prove ISBAO compliance? Have you had to whip out your fancy new ISBAO certificate to show some regulatory rep that your flight department is up to speed?

I'm not arguing the pros/cons of the program - I'm generally a believer in what the program seeks to establish. Just wondering if being a card carrying ISBAO member has saved anyone's bacon in terms of regulatory compliance and/or pleasing some ramp checker in a far off land.

Thanks.

Mink
01-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Just wondering if being a card carrying ISBAO member has saved anyone's bacon in terms of regulatory compliance and/or pleasing some ramp checker in a far off land.

Guess that'd be a "no".:cool:

7Xdriver
01-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Guess that'd be a "no".:cool:

Your audience is a bit small. To answer your question one would have to be ISBAO certified, had a ramp check, and be online on a friday afternoon :). I would give a little more time for people to chime in.

We completed our ISBAO certification in 2011 but none of our 3 world traveling aircraft have been ramp checked.

Mink
01-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Understood. I figured it was a shot in the dark. Thanks for your feedback.