Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Dejavu
01-11-2013, 08:12 AM
I grew up in Asia for over 20yrs but never played on the aviation side

I've seen how the US groups act on here is it the same in Asia ?lol

The Dominican
01-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Well, Asia is very diverse because airlines in India, the Philippines, Singapore are all Asian airlines. But the answer to your question is NO, I don't think that the work dynamics that exist in the US happen anywhere else in the world really.

DjHubberts
01-13-2013, 01:19 PM
From what I have seen in china, there is a lot less crm here. Its more the olden days where the crew shows up to the airplane, the fo does all the work, the captain does the take off and landing and is always correct. Not sure what the fo's true feelings are about flying with the foreign pilots who try to incorporate crm and actually help get everything ready.

WHACKMASTER
01-17-2013, 10:38 AM
From what I have seen in china, there is a lot less crm here. Its more the olden days where the crew shows up to the airplane, the fo does all the work, the captain does the take off and landing and is always correct. Not sure what the fo's true feelings are about flying with the foreign pilots who try to incorporate crm and actually help get everything ready.

That's a really good question and something I'd be curious to know the answer to. Can someone with experience answer this?

RJSAviator76
01-19-2013, 04:39 AM
It's a sign of weakness! :D