Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : HD cockpit scenes 737-8

atpwannabe
01-30-2013, 04:51 AM
I love this video; and the music isn't bad either. :D

Helps to keep me motivated. Enjoy!

HD 737 Cockpit Scenes - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk-8uu8f7Pc)

atp

ACessential
01-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Great video. I'm curries to the pilots that film cockpit video, does your company have rules against filming in the cockpit? I realize a jumpseater was filming all this, however I know at my airline if I were to film such video and post on youtube and it was leaked that I made the video, I would be fired in a split second.

Cubdriver
01-30-2013, 02:49 PM
... however I know at my airline if I were to film such video and post on [it on] YouTtube and it was leaked that I made the video, I would be fired in a split second.

Sounds like an awful working environment to be under such harsh rules. What are they worried about?

ACessential
01-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Sounds like an awful working environment to be under such harsh rules. What are they worried about?

I can understand them being concerned with pilot distraction, especially below 10k feet. But with a jumpseater holding a camera, I see no problems with that. But then there is the FAA regulation about no electronic devices below 10k feet... so they could pin you for that. Also, our manuals prohibit sharing media related to the company without their approval first.

I love these type of videos and wish I could make them myself, however to me its not worth the risk of losing my job. But I work for a crappy airline, maybe other airlines dont care or have more relaxed rules on these type of things

atpwannabe
01-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Great video. I'm curries to the pilots that film cockpit video, does your company have rules against filming in the cockpit? I realize a jumpseater was filming all this, however I know at my airline if I were to film such video and post on youtube and it was leaked that I made the video, I would be fired in a split second.

First of all I'm not on the 737 or any jetliner for that matter. This video was taken off of youtube. I believe and am quite certain that this was shot over in Europe. They seem to "march" to the beat of a different drummer and are the first outta the gate in everything as compared to the US.

atp

NTT5418
02-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Saw this video when it came out a couple of days ago. Love the HD aspect to it (although it is feeding the fire of SJS....just read some of those comments ...yikes!)

ghoster
02-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Well done, good video

Steiger
02-10-2013, 02:58 AM
It's things like this that help to keep the motivation up for my ATPL studies

Golden Bear
02-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Avianca Airbus:

YouTube - "Sail" (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nYDba1UsgHc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnYDba1UsgHc)

Way better video. Way better music.

Prowler
04-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Pretty cool video. Good perspective from a non airline type.