Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : CJ versus CJ3

Navajo31
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Q: did my type rating and all my time in a CJ3. Been asked to do contract work in an original CJ. What will the insurance company say? It's not enough work to justify Flightsafety for differences.

BoilerUP
03-31-2013, 04:40 AM
What will the insurance company say?

Not trying to be a smartass...but you'll have to ask the insurance company.

It depends entirely on how the policy language was written that they'll accept any recent CE525 training, or if it must be CitationJet/CJ specific.

Remember...no FADEC (or spirited climb) :D

Navajo31
03-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Not trying to be a smartass...but you'll have to ask the insurance company.

It depends entirely on how the policy language was written that they'll accept any recent CE525 training, or if it must be CitationJet/CJ specific.

Remember...no FADEC (or spirited climb) :D

I know...ask the insurance company. The real question is, if they say no can you argue with them.

No spirited climb - but thrust reversers. Do the brakes suck too?

GrummanCT
04-01-2013, 06:09 AM
There is enough differences that if you have never flown anything older then a 3, I wouldn't recommend jumping into the left seat of a straight CJ without another experienced pilot.

Example...Thrust reversers are great and all but can really suck when one deploys @ V1 and you haven't trained for something like this in years, if ever.

BoilerUP
04-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Attenuators.

Citationjet/CJ1/CJ2 has thrust attenuators...not reversers.

:D

GrummanCT
04-01-2013, 08:30 AM
PM - 60 knots
PF - Stow Thurst Attenuators

680crewchief
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
PM - 60 knots
PF - Stow Thurst Attenuators

They stow and deploy automatically...at least I think they do. It's been a while. I'll beat you to it, "That's what she said".

680crewchief
04-07-2013, 03:35 PM
CJ3 and 4 don't need them because the FADECs spool down fast enough on landing.