Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

tiptank
05-17-2013, 05:30 AM
The word has been out for some time about the crazy guidance given to the flight crews at Abercrombie & Fitch. Enjoy!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/Abercrombie-Fitch-gulfstream-rules-687452

Twin Wasp
05-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Those aren't Ops Specs (issued by the FAA), they're a company policy manual.

BPWI
05-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Got the call to interview there several years back. The prerequisite of wearing flip-flops in the Columbus snow storms was a laughable (along with the other 200 bs expectations).

Cbusbased
05-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Being based in CMH I see their silver Gulfstream all the time. Last I heard, they employ their own fuel guys that must wear Abercrombie & Fitch clothes (not sure of the validity).

UCLAbruins
05-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Being based in CMH I see their silver Gulfstream all the time. Last I heard, they employ their own fuel guys that must wear Abercrombie & Fitch clothes (not sure of the validity).

I know someone who interviewed there. He is about 30 lbs overweight, when he walked in, they all looked at him like saying " oh hell no"

He said they want their pilots to look the part too

pilot0987
05-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Have you seen that guys face, maybe he is like this because he can't stand to look at himself.

PLovett
05-19-2013, 06:17 AM
I thought there was a previous thread on this topic only a few months ago.

Maxspeed
05-19-2013, 03:17 PM
He said they want their pilots to look the part too

What's that, Gay?

I posted this before reading the link. Guess I was right!

rotorhead1026
05-19-2013, 03:56 PM
This is dated last October, which is when the controversy first surfaced, IIRC. I don't know how/if the lawsuit has progressed. Some of the article's comments are quite good.

EatMyPropwash
05-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Man... That's just ridiculous...

undflyboy06
05-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I'd rather shoot myself in the foot instead of working for them. I can see this at the interview:

"Congratulations, you are hired."

"Here, sign this contract." You reply "No Problem".

They say, "By the way, there are a 'few' attention to detail tasks that must be completed to ensure that the flight is operationally ready."

tiptank
05-21-2013, 11:19 AM
...and things continue to get weirder at A & F.

Philly woman in letter to Abercrombie & Fitch CEO: My bullies wore your company's clothing (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/style/Philly-woman-in-letter-to-Abercrombie-CEO-My-bullies-wore-AF.html)