Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : CRJ Training

ConnectionPilot
12-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Hey guys I have FS2004 and I purchased Wilco's CRJ program awhile back. Is this a good training tool?

rickair7777
12-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey guys I have FS2004 and I purchased Wilco's CRJ program awhile back. Is this a good training tool?

I doubt it. MS Flight sim is only useful for practicing generic IFR procedures and scan...I would NOT use it to try to learn any real airplane.

Aerosim makes a CRJ FMS trainer software...this IS useful to learn the FMS, and your employer will probably have it for your use during training. Many CRJ pilots buy it or acquire a bootleg copy.

ConnectionPilot
12-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I doubt it. MS Flight sim is only useful for practicing generic IFR procedures and scan...I would NOT use it to try to learn any real airplane.

Aerosim makes a CRJ FMS trainer software...this IS useful to learn the FMS, and your employer will probably have it for your use during training. Many CRJ pilots buy it or acquire a bootleg copy.

alright thanks