Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : any Texas jobs ?

satpak77
10-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Hello

I have a coworker who will be retiring from our place, he is a good dude, college grad, and a King Air 350 and Helicopter (Bell 407) guy.

He has ATP, 7000 TT, 4000 PIC B-350. 1000 Hrs in Proline 21, rest of it EFIS-85.

I wanted to reach out to the forum if anyone knew of any jobs in the Texas area. Guy lives in Houston, TX but will consider Houston-San Antonio-Austin-Dallas-Houston zone. (Not El Paso).

Any info please PM me, thank YOU

bgmann
12-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Executive Airshare is hiring. They just opened a San Antonio/Austin/Houston Codomicile I believe. Also its often they hire into the king air 350 as those guys move up to the fast movers. They also have a FTW/DAL Codomicile.

belliott
12-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Executive Airshare is hiring. They just opened a San Antonio/Austin/Houston Codomicile I believe. Also its often they hire into the king air 350 as those guys move up to the fast movers. They also have a FTW/DAL Codomicile.

San Antonio/Austin/Houston? That's a bit of a stretch to drive! AUS/SAT I might be able to understand but Houston is about a 3 hour drive.... that would be murderous for day trips.

USMCFLYR
12-18-2013, 05:11 AM
San Antonio/Austin/Houston? That's a bit of a stretch to drive! AUS/SAT I might be able to understand but Houston is about a 3 hour drive.... that would be murderous for day trips.
I took it to mean that he would be willing to move within that 'zone'.
Satpak - you say he is retiring, he is looking to take on a job with a early schedule like EAS?

bgmann
12-18-2013, 07:54 PM
The OP said his friend lives in Houston and would consider SAT.AUS. HOU

Packrat
12-18-2013, 08:24 PM
he is looking to take on a job with a early schedule like EAS?

Not to be obtuse, but what does this mean?

Lucky8888
12-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Deleted...

USMCFLYR
12-19-2013, 03:12 AM
Not to be obtuse, but what does this mean?
I meant the schedule that new hires would be flying at EAS. I don't know if it would get better with seniority or if the schedule remains the same the longer you stay there.

bgmann
12-19-2013, 04:44 AM

I understand what your saying now. I'm not sure how EAS have it setup. For the bases down there.

bgmann
12-19-2013, 04:45 AM
I don't think satpak cares anymore. ;)

Packrat
12-19-2013, 04:30 PM
I meant the schedule that new hires would be flying at EAS. I don't know if it would get better with seniority or if the schedule remains the same the longer you stay there.

Do you know what that schedule would look like?

USMCFLYR
12-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Do you know what that schedule would look like?
It's been reported on the EAS threads as 6-3 and gone as much as 24 days a month from my check airman last week at CAE.

DirectTo
12-19-2013, 06:28 PM
It's been reported on the EAS threads as 6-3 and gone as much as 24 days a month from my check airman last week at CAE.
Ouch.

I knew a guy who interviewed there, now I'm kinda glad he didn't get it.

bgmann
12-19-2013, 06:41 PM
12 on. 3 off on paper. But trips are a lot of day trips. Drop the clients off and repo back. Or repo out and fly clients home. The phenom 100 pilots work a lot. It's the workhorse.

USMCFLYR
12-20-2013, 05:24 AM
12 on. 3 off on paper. But trips are a lot of day trips. Drop the clients off and repo back. Or repo out and fly clients home. The phenom 100 pilots work a lot. It's the workhorse.
I would have expected the KA350 to be the workhorse.

I don't thikn 6-3 sounds that bad.
I work 5-2 obviously. My good friend who is a mechanic works 6-1.
I'll take either of those schedules over his.

AviatorG
01-06-2014, 06:30 AM
If a guy likes to fly, and fly often.. Nothing wrong with that schedule. Especially if he is Single and no Family. I'd say do it. I sure would if I had the quals. Working on it....Soon!

Learjet FO
06-27-2014, 02:17 AM
Martinaire and other Caravan operators are working all over Texas! Keep working as a 135 PIC while you look for another JET! Sure, it's a big pay cut, but that's what a savings account is for! The next interview board will respect your commitment and currency. Don't spend this time on your duff!