Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Harley-Davidson

MilitaryAV8R
10-17-2013, 06:49 PM
I have never started a new thread but here goes. I am not sure if I should put this here in Corporate or into the Hiring section. Either way, here it is.

I saw an interesting position flying for Harley-Davidson out of WI. My wife has no interest in the winters up there so I will not be applying I guess. So here is my contribution to the community. I hope this helps someone out.

Milwaukee Aircraft Captain Job - WI, 53201 (http://jobs.harley-davidson.com/job/Milwaukee-Aircraft-Captain-Job-WI-53201/2611508/)

undflyboy06
10-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks.

I'm not sure what's going on up there. There have been quite a few postings about Harley Davidson hiring during the past 2-3 years.

Hopefully just people retiring or moving on.

Ditch Pickle
10-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Rumor is that they have had a retirement. Not sure if it has been filled but hr is still sending out emails for the position.

BPWI
10-18-2013, 02:46 PM
They are very well compensated, however you can expect to fly a 300 all over the world on legs that shouldnt be operated in a Mid-Size aircraft. Good people, good management and cold winters:) Best of luck to those interested-

babs
10-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Anyone have any inside info? How many days on? What's QOL like? Benefits? Pay?

Aviator89
10-23-2013, 02:08 PM
The winters are not that bad. Sure its cold, but they have adequate snow removal. 40-60 inches a year isnt bad at all. Most if the snow comes in just a few storms.
Very nice place in the summer fall and spring. Some very good neighborhoods and communities to choose from. Chicago is a 1.5 hour drive away, Madison isn't too far either.
Anyway, is this a King Air 300 they are referencing? Or a jet? The job posting didn't say.

mooney
10-23-2013, 04:58 PM
I threw my name in the hat and applied last week.

USMCFLYR
10-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Well there aren't that many King Air 300s out there are there?
Plus - if the poster knows what s/he is talking about they did reference flying all over the world in a mid-size jet.
Challenger 300 maybe. It would seem to fit the bill.

mooney
10-23-2013, 06:16 PM
yes CL-30 according to the site I applied on.

GNENSEC
10-24-2013, 05:57 AM
position filled a month ago.

pilot124
10-25-2013, 07:50 AM

I'm not so sure because they just re-posted the opening on the 21st of OCT but who knows. I applied but haven't heard anything back yet.

Lear Dude
10-28-2013, 08:47 AM

Not correct. They did hire over the summer, but that was for a posting back in May. This one is to fill a retirement (guy was also an ANG guy). What I know about this one is that they have over 650 applicants right now and as such can be picky. They are looking for someone with significant international/over water experience to Europe, Asia, Middle East, and South America, but not necessarily with a CL30 type. They have hired guys in the past without international experience, but it doesn't seem they are willing to do that this time around. They also seem to like Wisconsin guys, so don't be surprised to see an opening at another big WI flight department.

GNENSEC
10-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Not correct. They did hire over the summer, but that was for a posting back in May. This one is to fill a retirement (guy was also an ANG guy). What I know about this one is that they have over 650 applicants right now and as such can be picky. They are looking for someone with significant international/over water experience to Europe, Asia, Middle East, and South America, but not necessarily with a CL30 type. They have hired guys in the past without international experience, but it doesn't seem they are willing to do that this time around. They also seem to like Wisconsin guys, so don't be surprised to see an opening at another big WI flight department.

Correct! Live, Operate and they are our next door neighbor, job position filled!:rolleyes:

Lear Dude
10-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Correct! Live, Operate and they are our next door neighbor, job position filled!:rolleyes:

Not sure what you are saying is correct...my post or that you were originally correct. Again though, unless it's been filled in the last week or so, this is not correct. My original posting indicated that your posting on the 10th was not accurate. I recently talked with Director of the flight department (within the past 10 days) and he gave me the 4-1-1 on this. He certainly didn't indicate that they had anybody picked out at that time.