Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

View Full Version : Alaska Air Hiring

N19906
07-19-2016, 07:18 PM
"Planeside"?! What's that about?
Are they flying in the new 737 with the Boeing 100th anniversary paintjob?
That's all that comes to mind.

N19906
07-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Just saw the e-mail. AS is doing a daytrip on Wed. the 27th from SEA to OSH and back. 03:00 check-in, 20:15 release at the MTX hanger in SEA. Booth at the airplane from 11:00 until about 17:00. That's going to be a looong day for somebody.
I really hope they do more than that there.

flyingak
07-19-2016, 10:57 PM
So........are you guys saying AS will NOT be there until the 27th??

N19906
07-20-2016, 10:38 AM
I don't know.

Tubby
07-21-2016, 06:45 AM
I asked somebody who will be at Oshkosh a few questions yesterday.
I tried to ask a few questions that have been posted on here for your benefit. I too was once looking for a job.
1) Wear casual clothing. If you are wearing a suit and tie you are more likely to be considered crazy.
2) It's a serious event for recruitment. All the Chief Pilots will attend, they take this time seriously. At this particular point in time the Chief Pilots have a large say in the application process. You will be graded on your time talking to them.
3) Hiring continues. The last group of interviews a few weeks ago were being offered class dates already. If I understood correctly they will all be in class by August 22.
4) The pool is empty. I am unsure whether there is a Horizon pool or not. I forgot to ask.
Looking for a job sucks. I remember.
Best of luck to all of you.

flyingak
07-22-2016, 03:29 AM
I asked somebody who will be at Oshkosh a few questions yesterday.
I tried to ask a few questions that have been posted on here for your benefit. I too was once looking for a job.
1) Wear casual clothing. If you are wearing a suit and tie you are more likely to be considered crazy.
2) It's a serious event for recruitment. All the Chief Pilots will attend, they take this time seriously. At this particular point in time the Chief Pilots have a large say in the application process. You will be graded on your time talking to them.
3) Hiring continues. The last group of interviews a few weeks ago were being offered class dates already. If I understood correctly they will all be in class by August 22.
4) The pool is empty. I am unsure whether there is a Horizon pool or not. I forgot to ask.

Tubby, A+ info, thank you so much!! Dress shorts, polo, and loafers, too casual??

KNOT on CALL
07-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Just saw the e-mail. AS is doing a daytrip on Wed. the 27th from SEA to OSH and back. 03:00 check-in, 20:15 release at the MTX hanger in SEA. Booth at the airplane from 11:00 until about 17:00. That's going to be a looong day for somebody.
I really hope they do more than that there.

Where do I list for that jumpseat?

N19906
07-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Well, Alaska is here at OSH in the EAA Education & Career Center tent with a large booth. So it's not just the Wednesday fly-in. (The EAA has a free 2016 Airventure app in the app store you can download for all kinds of information.)

(Oh, and QX is here with them too.)

wwumarine
07-27-2016, 08:23 AM
I went yesterday (Tuesday) and that is exactly what I saw, nobody was wearing a suit.

Tubby, A+ info, thank you so much!! Dress shorts, polo, and loafers, too casual??

Jowe91
07-27-2016, 04:38 PM
The pilot management I spoke with today were wearing collared shirts and khaki shorts. I think if you dressed like you were on a nice golf course, youd be ok in shorts. Very humid there as expected

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

atpcliff
07-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Appleton (ATW) is about 30" north of Oshkosh. Green Bay is 1 hour north. They both have service by DAL, AA, UAL.

Steve400
07-28-2016, 04:20 PM

There is a Horizon pool; many who interviewed last Oct, Nov, and Dec still do not have class dates...

flyingak
08-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Now that Osh is over, does anybody have any information on other places the AS recruiting team might turn up this year?

rmcbear08
08-05-2016, 06:23 AM
Now that Osh is over, does anybody have any information on other places the AS recruiting team might turn up this year?
OBAP

Filler

saxman66
08-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Yeah, just got an email from Alaska that they will be at OBAP next week.

AKFishOn
08-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Quick hiring update from a couple weeks ago. There are currently a June and July class in training, 12 pilots in each. Two upcoming classes planned for August and one for September, so far. Interviews happening every few weeks or so. Pool is empty. Interviewees getting CJOs are being offered short waits for class start dates. Good luck to all!

rmcbear08
08-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Quick hiring update from a couple weeks ago. There are currently a June and July class in training, 12 pilots in each. Two upcoming classes planned for August and one for September, so far. Interviews happening every few weeks or so. Pool is empty. Interviewees getting CJOs are being offered short waits for class start dates. Good luck to all!
Thanks! That's great to hear. Glad there's no longer an 8+ month wait for class dates. Did they happen to mention what's currently competitive?

AKFishOn
08-05-2016, 02:25 PM
No mention.

ShyGuy
08-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Good news, keep up the hiring :)

Reset
08-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Would someone mind sending me a pm with the Portland CP's name. Thank you

riktaroller
08-08-2016, 08:49 AM
It's a short wait and there's no pool if your hired on from anywhere except Horizon. There are about 50 currently waiting who are Horizon employees, with the first of those to be given a CJO in October/November of 2015.

flyingak
08-10-2016, 05:25 PM
How about the Aerocrewsolutions job fair next month in LAX, is that one that AS normally attends?

OrionDriver
08-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Any word on timing for the next clutch of interviews?

Flitestar
08-12-2016, 03:20 AM
One more question:

Has anybody here been called for interview that attended last WIA conference in March?

Thx!

rmcbear08
08-12-2016, 11:24 AM
How about the Aerocrewsolutions job fair next month in LAX, is that one that AS normally attends?
LAS.

And as far as I know, AS has not attended an AeroCrew job fair. They seem to only hit the major ones (NGPA, WAI, OBAP, & EAA). They also participate in the Northwest Aviation Conference as well as the ALPA day meet and greet.

SmoothLanderJ
08-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Any word on timing for the next clutch of interviews?

Not sure the exact date but continuously interviewing and hiring for the remainder of the year. Hiring about 50 to 70 more this year and at least 150 next year possibly more. Only about a 3 week wait for a class currently.

flyingak
08-13-2016, 02:27 AM
LAS.

And as far as I know, AS has not attended an AeroCrew job fair. They seem to only hit the major ones (NGPA, WAI, OBAP, & EAA). They also participate in the Northwest Aviation Conference as well as the ALPA day meet and greet.

Yes LAS, my mistake! Ok great thank you, I'll also add the Great Alaskan Aviation Gathering in ANC to that list. Also what is this ALPA meet and greet??

rmcbear08
08-13-2016, 06:40 AM
Also what is this ALPA meet and greet??
ALPA FastRead (http://www3.alpa.org/portals/alpa/fastread/2015/FastRead_20150415.htm)

Reggie Dunlop
08-13-2016, 07:32 AM
That appears to be from a year ago this past April.

rmcbear08
08-13-2016, 10:01 AM
That appears to be from a year ago this past April.
Correct it is, but the last paragraph of the article reads: "While this event is full, the Alaska MEC hopes to be able to work with Alaska Airlines' management to offer similar events in the future."

I guess what I was trying to highlight is that AS has participated in these meet & greets in the past, so be on the lookout for future events.

Hercguy
08-22-2016, 02:49 PM
Anyone else get an update email from Alaska (not smart recruiters), concerning their app?

BYOB
08-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Anyone else get an update email from Alaska (not smart recruiters), concerning their app?

Yes. I'm sure everyone did. I stopped getting excited about these emails years ago.

VnavPath
08-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Yup, just got one a little while ago. Looks to me like a generic email sent to all that applied, but who knows.

Jowe91
08-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Yes just did. Trying to take it at face value

Reactivity
08-22-2016, 03:32 PM

Yeah...just got one. Got all twitterpated for a sec until I read it through. Impossible to say whether or not it means anything. Anyone who has had an application on file for a while knows that their system (or the person who operates it) glitches with some regularity. On more than one occasion, they have sent out TBNT emails only to have someone send out an "oops, we didn't mean to do that" message a day or three later. This could be one of those. Or not.

Riverside
08-22-2016, 03:39 PM

Yes, and meanwhile a new hire class started today.

rmcbear08
08-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Yep, got it this afternoon. I basically read it as, "standby to standby"

Hercguy
08-22-2016, 05:08 PM
I figured as much. Thanks for all the responses.

flyingak
08-22-2016, 11:53 PM

Same here, seemed very generic, but I like to think it was special........my mom says I'm special :-)

F15Cricket
08-23-2016, 01:25 PM
FYI, there are 6 more rounds of interviews scheduled for the rest of this year.

For those trying to get hired, keep talking to chief pilots, HR, recruiters, etc. I wish you success!

alphasierra01
08-23-2016, 01:33 PM

For those trying to get hired, keep talking to chief pilots, HR, recruiters, etc. I wish you success!
Are they going to be at any more job fairs this year?

PNWFlyer
08-23-2016, 04:36 PM

Yes, I got it, immediately quit my job and bought a new car. Hope the call comes before the first payment.

SEAviator
08-23-2016, 07:09 PM

Any recommendations for QX FO's (i.e. not very senior at Horizon) regarding this new AS/QX Guaranteed Interview Program? Would it be better to ask the CP's Secretary to tear up the signed LOU and beat the pavement networking as you recommended before?

Wynncore
08-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Apologies if it is buried somewhere in this thread. Initial contact from Alaska to set up an interview comes in the form of an email or phone call? Also, is there a "phone screening" phase, or is the phone and/or email method of contact simply to arrange a date for an interview? Best of luck everyone!

OrionDriver
08-23-2016, 10:21 PM
Apologies if it is buried somewhere in this thread. Initial contact from Alaska to set up an interview comes in the form of an email or phone call? Also, is there a "phone screening" phase, or is the phone and/or email method of contact simply to arrange a date for an interview? Best of luck everyone!

Initial contact for an interview comes via phone call, asking if you're still interested in interviewing. They tell you the dates of the interview and then follow up to make travel arrangements.

flyingak
08-24-2016, 12:35 AM
Yes, I got it, immediately quit my job and bought a new car. Hope the call comes before the first payment.

👍👍This^^😂😂

flyingak
08-24-2016, 12:35 AM

Great info, thanks!! 👍

Hercguy
08-24-2016, 12:23 PM

I read this without looking at the screen name and knew it was you! How'd the OBAP touch and go turn out?

PNWFlyer
08-24-2016, 02:54 PM
How'd the OBAP touch and go turn out?

Tits on a bull bro! Tits on a bull. Will not be going to anymore job fairs!

Klsytakesit
08-26-2016, 09:36 PM
The amateur approach that Alaska uses for recruiting is replicated in every single department in the company....at least you know what to expect if you get hired

Flitestar
08-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Is there any way to update your application these days? Seems SmartRecruiters is offline, not too sure if Alaska pulled the plug on them or if its just temporary...

Wynncore
08-27-2016, 08:49 AM
Is there any way to update your application these days? Seems SmartRecruiters is offline, not too sure if Alaska pulled the plug on them or if its just temporary...

From what I understand, again, I repeat, from what I understand the Smart Recruiters involvement in the pilot selection process is for the time being suspended. The latest application window was conducted via the "old way" on Alaska's website and it bypassed Smart Recruiters entirely. Therefore, unless there is a way to update your app on the Alaska website where you applied in the latest window I'm not aware of any other method of updating your resume etc.

Does anyone know if calls for an interview have gone out?

Duesenflieger
08-28-2016, 10:22 AM
Hello, all.

Could someone in the know explain how the merger with VA affects hiring at AS? If someone is hired with Virgin America today, does that mean that pilot will also be included into the seniority list at Alaska? I ask because I am more interested in working for Alaska than VA, but VA could be an alternate route into Alaska. Thank you kindly so much for anyone's answers.

NotTellin
08-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Hello, all.

Could someone in the know explain how the merger with VA affects hiring at AS? If someone is hired with Virgin America today, does that mean that pilot will also be included into the seniority list at Alaska? I ask because I am more interested in working for Alaska than VA, but VA could be an alternate route into Alaska. Thank you kindly so much for anyone's answers.

As a VX pilot I believe this would be the case. You may however get fenced into a current VX base and aircraft (SFO, LAX, NYC & A320) for a while, possibly a long while.

full of luv
08-28-2016, 07:23 PM

It seemed that Smart Recruiters was a way to siphon off Alaska pilot interviewee interest towards the Horizon product..... apparently it wasn't getting enough traction.:eek:

Klsytakesit
08-28-2016, 08:57 PM
All pilots hired at Virgin and Alaska from the date the merger was announced will be merged by their date of hire....and most likely only the pilots that were on their respective seniority list at the time of the announcment will be "fenced"

NotTellin
08-29-2016, 01:20 AM
All pilots hired at Virgin and Alaska from the date the merger was announced will be merged by their date of hire....and most likely only the pilots that were on their respective seniority list at the time of the announcment will be "fenced"
Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Flitestar
08-29-2016, 03:27 AM
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

PilotNerd
08-30-2016, 03:42 PM
Has anyone cracked the enigma of what it takes to get an interview invite with these guys? Rumor has it, interviews are picking up in September. Has anyone gotten a call for September?

Mercury624
08-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Has anyone cracked the enigma of what it takes to get an interview invite with these guys? Rumor has it, interviews are picking up in September. Has anyone gotten a call for September?

I got a call last week for an interview Sept. 8th. I'm looking for a recent gouge/set of gouges to prep with if anyone knows where to find them... (I'm currently backtracking through this thread, so I may find my answer.)

geddeh
08-30-2016, 08:18 PM
I got a call last week for an interview Sept. 8th. I'm looking for a recent gouge/set of gouges to prep with if anyone knows where to find them... (I'm currently backtracking through this thread, so I may find my answer.)

http://www.rainierflightservice.com/airline-pilot-interview-prep

Run by AS guys. Great prep.

PNWFlyer
08-31-2016, 04:54 AM

What is your background?

Mercury624
08-31-2016, 08:21 AM
What is your background?

Standard CFI-Regional situation. I'm an FO for Horizon now and applied a while back using the internal job posting rather than the external gateway for other pilots. Someone told me the other day that they're working through the backlog of Horizon applications from 2015 that never received an interview but i don't know yet if that's true.

Also, thanks for the link for Rainier, I sent them a message last night. They were recommended to me last week too, so I'd guess they're a pretty sound way to go. I appreciate it.

PilotNerd
08-31-2016, 10:06 AM

Nice, congrats and good luck.

Reactivity
08-31-2016, 07:19 PM
Has anyone cracked the enigma of what it takes to get an interview invite with these guys?

No. Every time I talk to somebody there, they all tell me that I'm what they're looking for. But attendance at multiple recruiting events and personal introductions to base chief pilots by longtime Alaska pilots have done neither diddly nor squat to make my phone ring. My friends who have tried to help me get hired there are fairly frustrated that their efforts have so far come to nothing.

OrionDriver
08-31-2016, 08:29 PM
Interview prep with Lori Clark with Flytheline.com is excellent too.

PNWFlyer
09-01-2016, 04:54 AM
No. Every time I talk to somebody there, they all tell me that I'm what they're looking for. But attendance at multiple recruiting events and personal introductions to base chief pilots by longtime Alaska pilots have done neither diddly nor squat to make my phone ring. My friends who have tried to help me get hired there are fairly frustrated that their efforts have so far come to nothing.

Your story is not uncommon.

Work2much
09-01-2016, 07:12 AM

I'm in the same boat. I have personally met each chief pilot from SEA and LAX on more than one occasion. I met with 3 of them privately in their offices more than once. I've had 4 very senior Alaska pilots recommend me on more than one occasion with some of them previously being on the hiring committee. I've been in the regional shuffle for 9 years with a good amount of 121 time and turbine PIC, a 4 year degree with good GPA, gone to recruiting events and even have confirmed that HR has my app, recommendations and such...all of that has done NOTHING in terms of getting my phone to ring. Then I hear of guys who have done none of that and they're sitting in new hire class at this very moment. Time and patience is what they say....It's very frustrating.

Checked in
09-01-2016, 07:34 AM
Similar experience

Wynncore
09-01-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm in the same boat. I have personally met each chief pilot from SEA and LAX on more than one occasion. I met with 3 of them privately in their offices more than once. I've had 4 very senior Alaska pilots recommend me on more than one occasion with some of them previously being on the hiring committee. I've been in the regional shuffle for 9 years with a good amount of 121 time and turbine PIC, a 4 year degree with good GPA, gone to recruiting events and even have confirmed that HR has my app, recommendations and such...all of that has done NOTHING in terms of getting my phone to ring. Then I hear of guys who have done none of that and they're sitting in new hire class at this very moment. Time and patience is what they say....It's very frustrating.

I understand your frustrations, this seems to be the normal experience. From what I've gathered in this process is that one has to meet or exceed their competitive minimums AND have an excellent meeting with recruiters/CPs combined with LORs from reputable/influential pilots. It sounds like you have to have "the right stuff" and be "in the right place at the right time" to get the magical phone call.

Does AS historically favor MIL pilots over civilian? I'm sure that Horizon gets preference (as they should), but what is the background of the "ideal candidate" for Alaska?

Klsytakesit
09-01-2016, 06:37 PM
I think it is important to remember that we are a very small west coast airline. We simply dont have a lot of hiring demand. A big year for us is hiring 120 or so pilots. Our current work rules/ pay scale and pay structure are such that if you want to make money you have to be at work. Keeps us very lean. Some productivity changes that allow reserves to fly on days off and everyone to work
on there vacation(all for straight time) further reduces our hiring demand. And what hiring demand we do have is often filled from the family and friends plan.....dont hold your breath

AKpilot
09-02-2016, 07:05 AM
When I inquire to the BCP's about hiring and the very qualified candidate I am sponsoring...They say be patient . Interviews every month and classes every month. IMO they have many highly qualified and motivated and sponsored candidates. (recommended by current pilots). The last number I heard was 160 is the target for the year. That's a lot for us but not big numbers compared to the bigger airlines. While we are lagging in compensation compared to the new contracts at the other Airlines it is still a good place to work. I hope our upcoming contract will be very competitive. Everyone I have flown with seems to be very happy but expecting for a good pay bump when the next contract comes. Times are good here. I hope it lasts.

Foodstamps
09-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Interview prep with Lori Clark with Flytheline.com is excellent too.

I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Lori Clark. She helped me get hired and walk in the door with the utmost confidence I would do as well as I had in me. She is fantastic. Best of luck to all!!

saxman66
09-06-2016, 09:57 AM
It appears you can fill out a new application but you can no longer update an existing one on SmartRecruiters. Is this what most are finding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duesenflieger
09-06-2016, 01:28 PM
I want to work at AS so badly.... What will I have to do? Does previous AK bush pilot time help?

Bumbaclot
09-06-2016, 05:54 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2016/08/29/alaska-air-virgin-america-airlines-job-cuts-alk-va.html

F15Cricket
09-06-2016, 06:55 PM
We simply dont have a lot of hiring demand. A big year for us is hiring 120 or so pilots.

I know what you are saying, but I guess we have had a couple of big years then. In two years here, I have about 300 pilots hired after me, and next year looks to be 150+.

I do agree with you on some work rules stuff we can improve, btw.

4andCounting
09-07-2016, 07:34 AM
About how many total pilots are on the the current Alaska list, not counting VX guys? I think VX has about 730 on that side.

PNWFlyer
09-07-2016, 02:51 PM
About how many total pilots are on the the current Alaska list, not counting VX guys? I think VX has about 730 on that side.

Alaska Airlines | AirlinePilotCentral.com (http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/alaska_airlines)

1700 according to APC.

F15Cricket
09-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Alaska Airlines | AirlinePilotCentral.com (http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/alaska_airlines)

1700 according to APC.

1759 as of Aug 5th, so I have closer to 350 dudes after me in just over 2 years.

ImperialxRat
09-07-2016, 06:22 PM
I received the call yesterday to interview on Sept 22.

rmcbear08
09-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Congrats!

Let me guess......just met ATP mins, no job fairs and zero internal recs, right? :D

PNWFlyer
09-08-2016, 04:31 AM

What number did the call come from? Missed an "unknown caller" yesterday. One can hope.

Jowe91
09-08-2016, 06:41 AM
Just a heads-up - "this guy I know" received a phone call invite yesterday for an interview this afternoon. I've never heard of such short notice before. Good luck everyone :)

PNWFlyer
09-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Just a heads-up - "this guy I know" received a phone call invite yesterday for an interview this afternoon. I've never heard of such short notice before. Good luck everyone :)

I know the same guy! I would love short notice. No time to worry and overthink things!

G550Guy
09-08-2016, 06:19 PM
I want to work at AS so badly.... What will I have to do? Does previous AK bush pilot time help?

You are on every airline thread saying the exact same thing... Seriously man, give it a break. Go hide and build some time. You're making a name for yourself.

Riverside
09-09-2016, 09:52 AM

This is where I say go back to the end of the line junior.

Jowe91
09-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Congratulations! I interviewed this week on one day's notice and received the lanyard :-) . They said they received 2000 applications last window opening

Work2much
09-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Congratulations! I interviewed this week on one day's notice and received the lanyard :-) . They said they received 2000 applications last window opening

What's your background? Did you have to network like crazy to get the interview?

Jowe91
09-10-2016, 08:44 PM
What's your background? Did you have to network like crazy to get the interview?
5400 TT 2400 TPIC all military multi-engine, had several internal recommendations. I attended Oshkosh this year

Thrill
09-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Assuming all goes as planned, AS will assume ALL pilot hiring for both VX and AS in early October. AS mins will apply (i.e. degree).

Estimates for next year (2017) 220-ish for both carriers. VX needs about 60 more just to operate under our current CBA, plus their deliveries.

All 400's gone next October, first MAX in November.

Airbus likely not going anywhere in the short-mid term.

No new SLI info.

Chris Knight
09-14-2016, 10:52 AM
Assuming all goes as planned, AS will assume ALL pilot hiring for both VX and AS in early October. AS mins will apply (i.e. degree).

Estimates for next year (2017) 220-ish for both carriers. VX needs about 60 more just to operate under our current CBA, plus their deliveries.

No new SLI info.

Good info. I heard from a Boeing employee that AS has deferred the first four MAX orders for an unknown reason. Delivery a/c #5 will be the first MAX 8, due sometime in 2018. Hopefully that info is incorrect. If true, I suspect it may be because the MAX 8 sim will not be available in time to meet the original delivery date. Just a guess.

slavetotheman
09-14-2016, 04:41 PM

No new SLI info.

Any guesses on what they will do with pilots currently in the VX pool? I have all the AS mins plus some and it would be a brutal letdown to lose the opportunity. Hopefully it all works out. Thanks for the info!

Imbracablecrunk
09-14-2016, 07:24 PM

No new SLI info.

Hmm. Last I heard was ANC will be an NG-400 base and the other bases will be Max-NG. The FAA doesn't want pilots qualled on more than two variants. From what I heard in PDM (early this year) was that there will be an overlap with -400 and Max.

Oooo
09-14-2016, 09:49 PM

No new SLI info.
What's your source for this?

Mea25000
09-14-2016, 10:14 PM
I was told 160 this year and 250 for next year... Which is pretty close. I think it came from the best source at the company. Of corse if the economy tanks its all smoke and mirrors. VX pilots in the pool should be good, talk of a little additional interview, but it would be pretty benign, either way I am pretty sure you all are good, at least I hope... That would only be fair.

Thrill
09-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Good info. I heard from a Boeing employee that AS has deferred the first four MAX orders for an unknown reason. Delivery a/c #5 will be the first MAX 8, due sometime in 2018. Hopefully that info is incorrect. If true, I suspect it may be because the MAX 8 sim will not be available in time to meet the original delivery date. Just a guess.

Days old info from company showed first Max in November 2017.

We're not getting a MAX sim, at least in the near future.

Thrill
09-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Hmm. Last I heard was ANC will be an NG-400 base and the other bases will be Max-NG. The FAA doesn't want pilots qualled on more than two variants. From what I heard in PDM (early this year) was that there will be an overlap with -400 and Max.

As of September, no overlap planned. No 400 base.

They do have some big plans for the 700F's though, though they didn't elaborate much.

Imbracablecrunk
09-15-2016, 08:49 PM
As of September, no overlap planned. No 400 base.

They do have some big plans for the 700F's though, though they didn't elaborate much.

Amazon. Whaddya think?

Chris Knight
09-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Days old info from company showed first Max in November 2017.

We're not getting a MAX sim, at least in the near future.

Yes my source now says that the aforementioned info is no longer accurate, he believes AS might be trying to exchange the MAX 8s for MAX 9s, his guess. I think the info you just read is the most accurate.

alaskadrifter
09-15-2016, 10:40 PM

No new SLI info.

What are AS mins?

Riverside
09-16-2016, 06:43 AM
What are AS mins?

It said 3k. But there was a question in the app that said do you have at least 4k hours yes or no.

CassinAK
09-16-2016, 10:32 AM
New bid out:

18 upgrades (13 SEA, 5 LAX)
61 newhires

Effective March 2, 2016

CassinAK
09-16-2016, 08:42 PM
It said 3k. But there was a question in the app that said do you have at least 4k hours yes or no.

5,500 is competitive as a Civilian 3,500 if your heavy military... not sure about fighter guys. 3,000 is the minimum so people have gotten on with 3k.

alaskadrifter
09-16-2016, 11:57 PM

Thanks, I couldn't seem to find it on their website.

ImperialxRat
09-17-2016, 03:23 PM
New bid out:

18 upgrades (13 SEA, 5 LAX)
61 newhires

Effective March 2, 2016

If it's a new bid, what does it mean that it is effective March 2016?

Packrat
09-17-2016, 04:25 PM

It means you bid your new position for the March bid unless you haven't completed training. For example, if you're an FO who is changing bases due to proffers/vacancies, you stay at your old base until MARCH 1

PNWFlyer
09-17-2016, 04:34 PM
It means you bid your new position for the March bid unless you haven't completed training. For example, if you're an FO who is changing bases due to proffers/vacancies, you stay at your old base until MARCH 1

I think he was referring to fact that March 2016 was 6 months ago.

CassinAK
09-17-2016, 04:42 PM

Whoops it's March 2017....

ImperialxRat
09-17-2016, 07:55 PM
Oh gotcha thanks.

Packrat
09-17-2016, 09:16 PM
I think he was referring to fact that March 2016 was 6 months ago.

I missed that, too. :eek:

mikeinsaus
09-18-2016, 08:45 AM
What was the DOH of the most junior upgrade CA?

Mea25000
09-18-2016, 05:40 PM
May, 2007 most Jr. CA ANC

Jetwiper
09-19-2016, 09:54 AM
May, 2007 most Jr. CA ANC

Which is probably close to the same DOH as the most senior CA at VX...

ShyGuy
09-19-2016, 05:39 PM
Curious about two things, when is Alaska's fiscal/financial year from (Jan-Dec?) and also when do you guys typically get your annual Profit Share payout?

Lift
09-19-2016, 08:40 PM
5,500 is competitive as a Civilian 3,500 if your heavy military... not sure about fighter guys. 3,000 is the minimum so people have gotten on with 3k.

Any turbine or total PIC min req?

Thanks!

Riverside
09-20-2016, 05:31 AM
Any turbine or total PIC min req?

Thanks!

What I posted one page back

It said 3kTT. But there was a question in the app that said do you have at least 4k hours yes or no.

Wynncore
09-20-2016, 12:51 PM
Regarding the current hiring window: Are calls and interviews still going out/being scheduled? Or is that process all but wrapped up at the moment?

silver fleet
09-20-2016, 01:50 PM
When I click "careers" and "pilot", Im directed to SmartRecruiters. Im confused; is this "on again or off again"?? Thanks all..

Oooo
09-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Which is probably close to the same DOH as the most senior CA at VX...

Pretty close, they'd be in the top 6%

PNWFlyer
09-21-2016, 07:19 AM
Regarding the current hiring window: Are calls and interviews still going out/being scheduled? Or is that process all but wrapped up at the moment?

Calls still going out. Some getting only a few days notice. Be ready!

TngT1deNTwstd
09-30-2016, 06:02 AM
Anyone got the call from that Seattle area code? C'mawn with it now! This thread is way to silent. Probably because most people are like myself and never post, just read. Would really like to hear of some folks getting interviews.

OCCP
09-30-2016, 06:06 AM
Curious if you guys would take a class a VX?

ImperialxRat
09-30-2016, 06:15 AM
Anyone got the call from that Seattle area code? C'mawn with it now! This thread is way to silent. Probably because most people are like myself and never post, just read. Would really like to hear of some folks getting interviews.

I had heard (unofficially) that they wanted to do 5 more classes this year. I would guess two in Oct, two in Nov, and one Dec.

Also I was flying when they called and they do leave a voicemail in case ya miss it.

plt32173
09-30-2016, 06:45 AM
Curious if you guys would take a class a VX?

I don't think there will be anymore classes at VX. If the Airbuses need more staffimg it will come from AS hiring team.

dolphinsuck
09-30-2016, 07:28 AM
I don't think there will be anymore classes at VX. If the Airbuses need more staffimg it will come from AS hiring team.

That's not true at all. Alaska is not going to take over the hiring right away when the merger happens. Until Virgin and Alaska are on a SOC, Virgin will still be doing the hiring.

plt32173
09-30-2016, 08:06 AM
That's not true at all. Alaska is not going to take over the hiring right away when the merger happens. Until Virgin and Alaska are on a SOC, Virgin will still be doing the hiring.
Didn't work that way for me in NW/DL merger. I was in NW pool and got dropped once deal closed. Could be remembering it wrong though...been a while.

Also I've heard the A319s will be dropped 1 for 1 as we bring on the A321s for no net growth.

dolphinsuck
09-30-2016, 08:33 AM
Didn't work that way for me in NW/DL merger. I was in NW pool and got dropped once deal closed. Could be remembering it wrong though...been a while.

Also I've heard the A319s will be dropped 1 for 1 as we bring on the A321s for no net growth.

Oman that sucks dude! But that is a wrongful assumption to assume that just because it happened at Delta/ NW merger, that it will happen in this merger. This merger is very unique and more complicated in the fact that Alaska and Virgin have different customer bases, change will not happen overnight. According to some inside sources, Alaska is allowing Virgin recruiting stay on until they become on a single operating certificate which could take a while.I know some people that have invites to interview but still waiting for dates at Virgin and also guys I know in the pool waiting for class dates.

Chris Knight
09-30-2016, 08:57 AM
Just heard 24/month until February. This would exceed the requirements of the last vacancy bid, so perhaps another one is coming.

Chris Knight
09-30-2016, 11:42 AM
From SEA BCP today: "We have a class starting about every two weeks and this alone will remain the case into the early part of next year. In the meantime, please have candidates that you recommend be patient and persistent with us".

Each class is 10-12 normally, so the 24/month figure sounds pretty accurate.

Reactivity
09-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Would really like to hear of some folks getting interviews.

I haven't yet, but a guy at my company just got hired.

OCCP
09-30-2016, 01:34 PM

Well that would suck. Alaska doesn't have much mainline growth either from what I understand. Merging two stagnant companies to make one big airline with no movement and a lot of RJ growth. Awesome!!!

TngT1deNTwstd
09-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Great info, thanks for all the replies everyone. You won't believe me but after posting my question this morning asking if anyone has gotten an invite.... this is the honest truth, I got that long awaited call with a Washington caller ID this evening! In the red zone this coming week, just hope I can put 7 on the board. Keep driving the ball ladies and gents.

Flitestar
10-01-2016, 03:26 AM
For those living overseas, do you know if they would reach you to an international number for an interview? email instead? Sweating bullets here. I'd hate to be passed on due to my current location...

opdeliber
10-01-2016, 06:27 AM
Is there any truth to this? Been in the pool for coming up on half a year. What a huge let down to sit excited for that long to be forgotten.. Not to mention the expense of interview prep, hotel cost in sfo,and mental sanity ha,

ogilthorpe
10-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Is there any truth to this? Been in the pool for coming up on half a year. What a huge let down to sit excited for that long to be forgotten.. Not to mention the expense of interview prep, hotel cost in sfo,and mental sanity ha,

In no way can I pretend to be in the know here, but I'd be shocked if Virgin doesn't do more hiring. I was in the Northwest pool as well, and one key difference is that merger happened as the economy was coming apart and hiring screeched to a stop at both companies. It'll be a long time before we have an SOC and my understanding is Alaska can't really take over Airbus training until that happens. We are up to our elbows as is, I'm pretty sure the AS training department isn't going to get their Airbus program approved and running quickly.

Reggie Dunlop
10-01-2016, 12:20 PM
I have nothing to add. I just wanted to drop by and say hello to my man Oggie up above. How you doin' old boy?

Work2much
10-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Great info, thanks for all the replies everyone. You won't believe me but after posting my question this morning asking if anyone has gotten an invite.... this is the honest truth, I got that long awaited call with a Washington caller ID this evening! In the red zone this coming week, just hope I can put 7 on the board. Keep driving the ball ladies and gents.

What is your background if ya don't mind me asking? Still waiting on "that" call myself.

ogilthorpe
10-02-2016, 09:58 AM
I have nothing to add. I just wanted to drop by and say hello to my man Oggie up above. How you doin' old boy?

I'm alright. I got deported to Canada but they wouldn't take me.

OrionDriver
10-03-2016, 08:50 AM

Good Luck! Be yourself, be natural, don't try to hide anything and if you can, get a prep course in!

rmcbear08
10-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Life is funny like that, congrats man! Punch it in and whatever you do, don't shank the extra point!! :D

silver fleet
10-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Anybody know if any of the hotels along International Blvd out in front of the airport give a decent crew rate?? TIA

SkyWestPilot
10-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Try the Hampton inn and suites airport/ 28th Ave. It's directly across the street from the training center, they might give you a good rate.

TngT1deNTwstd
10-07-2016, 09:49 PM
What is your background if ya don't mind me asking? Still waiting on "that" call myself.

Sorry for the long delay, had my hands full the last few days. Regional captain, high TT, rel low TPIC, internal rec, 3 AK recruiting events. Stay persistent everyone, this company is a class act. I highly recommend Emerald Coast Interview Consulting. The in-person seminar or webinar, video and audio files and the phone top-off proved invaluable to me. That being said, be yourself! Alaska is a family that wants solid aviators that are stand up people as well, let them know it and show them you want to be there. Best of luck everyone!

TngT1deNTwstd
10-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Anybody know if any of the hotels along International Blvd out in front of the airport give a decent crew rate?? TIA

LaQuinta SEATAC which is also close, top of hill, is $69/night crew rate

TngT1deNTwstd
10-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Good Luck! Be yourself, be natural, don't try to hide anything and if you can, get a prep course in!

Great advice, spot on^^^

TngT1deNTwstd
10-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Life is funny like that, congrats man! Punch it in and whatever you do, don't shank the extra point!! :D

Haha, so true. Pleased to report.... It's GOOD!!:D

There aren't major airlines left like Alaska, I'm humbled.

ImperialxRat
10-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Anyone have any crashpad info near the training center that wouldn't require a car? Or actually any crashpad info would be helpful. Thanks!

OrionDriver
10-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Anyone have any crashpad info near the training center that wouldn't require a car? Or actually any crashpad info would be helpful. Thanks!

I too could use a crash pad...

Ispeakjive
10-10-2016, 03:15 PM
VX has an FA class starting today. Pilot training, as per a training instructor at VX, is supposed to begin again in Jan. I originally heard Nov, but now Jan. Reserve staffing is thin, we could use more pilots. Since AK likes VX sooo much as to purchase VX for that price, I dont see AK automatically axing the VX processes. It will change over time, but I think most poolies are in good shape though the March timeframe.

AKpilot
10-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Does anyone know how many people are in the hiring pool? If you were recently interviewed and were hired how far out is your class date. I know that in the October round of interviews, HR was calling people and giving 5-7 days notice for the interview.

This is from the last CP news letter "Hiring still continues strong with new classes bringing a continuous flow of 10-12 new hires every few weeks. The current schedule is to run new hire classes at this rate through the end of the year. I continue to be impressed with the strength and caliber of the new hire candidates and appreciate the steady stream of pilot candidates recommended by current pilots here at Alaska"

fucius
10-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Interviewed 9/22... hired 9/23... Class date Nov 2nd

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GreatBigSea
10-17-2016, 10:11 AM

What's your background, for the curious?

AKpilot
10-17-2016, 10:42 AM

Congrats! Welcome

fucius
10-17-2016, 12:41 PM
Congrats! Welcome
Thanks!

9 years 121
7100 TT
Republic CA

Liberty37
10-17-2016, 01:32 PM
How much notice is Alaska giving to schedule interviews? I've been hearing some people are only getting 3 days notice is that standard?

ImperialxRat
10-17-2016, 03:40 PM
I interviewed 9/22 an 9/23 also. Offered Nov 2 class date. I was given a little over two weeks notice for the interview.

4700TT
1400TPIC
Part 135 Captain

Chris Knight
10-17-2016, 03:43 PM
I interviewed 9/22 an 9/23 also. Offered Nov 2 class date. I was given a little over two weeks notice for the interview.

4700TT
1400TPIC
Part 135 Captain

Congrats! It's good to see the wait dropping way down.

OrionDriver
10-17-2016, 04:08 PM
I interviewed at the beginning of September, have a Nov 14 class date. I had about two weeks notice.

Buddy of mine interviewed last week, he had only three days notice. He starts next year.

fucius
10-17-2016, 05:52 PM

4700TT
1400TPIC
Part 135 Captain
Cya there!

P3 AS
10-19-2016, 09:00 AM
Was called late Sunday night. Sat in the interview seat Wednesday morning. Now in the 2017 pool, class date TBD.

full of luv
10-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Was called late Sunday night. Sat in the interview seat Wednesday morning. Now in the 2017 pool, class date TBD.

Holy Eskimoes!!

Late Sunday night??? Two days notice??Do they have interns making those calls? Did you take the call during evening mass?
Congrats

PNWFlyer
10-19-2016, 02:21 PM

Pool? Are you Horizon?

Galaxy5
10-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Pool? Are you Horizon?

Not sure about him, but the guys I interviewed with on the same day were all put into a pool as well. They didn't assign anyone class dates, just "filling classes for early 2017." They made it clear that there were two pools, though.

PNWFlyer
10-19-2016, 03:47 PM
Not sure about him, but the guys I interviewed with on the same day were all put into a pool as well. They didn't assign anyone class dates, just "filling classes for early 2017." They made it clear that there were two pools, though.
So, they have filled the classes for this year then?

HAWG10
10-19-2016, 03:58 PM

What did you bring to the interview? Did they give you a list of things they wanted to see. Hours, checkrides, OPR's etc? With the short notice calls, we need to make sure we are ready to go.

AKpilot
10-19-2016, 04:14 PM
A friend of mine spoke to one of the BCP's today. He said that successful candidates interviewed in the next early November session will be in classes 2 months out. So early January i'm guessing.

Oooo
10-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Anybody going to the recruiting event next week?

AltoCumulus
10-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Anybody going to the recruiting event next week?

What recruiting event next week?

Galaxy5
10-20-2016, 07:18 AM
So, they have filled the classes for this year then?

I guess? I can only tell you what they told us. I would estimate there could be some last minute openings in class knowing a few guys who have been hired elsewhere.

What did you bring to the interview? Did they give you a list of things they wanted to see. Hours, checkrides, OPR's etc? With the short notice calls, we need to make sure we are ready to go.

The only things you'd need to have prepped and on hand are letters of rec, logbooks (I took my ARMS folder and Log Ten Pro printout, though I think the summary page of the FHR would have been good), mil pilot training records optional (so I took my FEF to have on hand but didn't copy every page, just the 942), transcript and a flying hours grid. The rest you should already be carrying or know...passport, medical, 10 year work history.

P3 AS
10-20-2016, 08:23 AM

I'm an external hire. But yes, I understand it to be what Galaxy5 said.

PNWFlyer
10-20-2016, 09:46 AM
I guess? I can only tell you what they told us. I would estimate there could be some last minute openings in class knowing a few guys who have been hired elsewhere.

The only things you'd need to have prepped and on hand are letters of rec, logbooks (I took my ARMS folder and Log Ten Pro printout, though I think the summary page of the FHR would have been good), mil pilot training records optional (so I took my FEF to have on hand but didn't copy every page, just the 942), transcript and a flying hours grid. The rest you should already be carrying or know...passport, medical, 10 year work history.

Did you do your 10 year work history by listing individual assignments or just say Air Force?

Galaxy5
10-20-2016, 09:52 AM
Did you do your 10 year work history by listing individual assignments or just say Air Force?

I did each assignment, didn't break out things like 10 month TDY, but had a buddy just put one listing for the AF and have no issues with that. I thought it was easy enough to put down 5 assignments.

Riverside
10-20-2016, 07:05 PM

The one that's in Atlanta duhhhhh

Oooo
10-20-2016, 09:47 PM

The one that's in Atlanta duhhhhh

Lol.
There's some meet and great I heard about, don't know any deets

alphasierra01
10-28-2016, 07:18 AM
Any new news? This thread is pretty quiet. Any details on the ATL meet and greet? (dates, time, location)

yawdamp
11-05-2016, 03:18 PM
May have been mentioned, yet justincase it hasn't... http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161105/8dee1fda890a48d37aee4576bba6daf4.jpg

P3 AS
11-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Has anyone heard any information on if/when 2017 class dates will start up?

PNWFlyer
11-10-2016, 10:51 AM
I was just thinking how awesome it would be if Alaska called me for an interview! Nope, another telemarketer!

AKpilot
11-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Has anyone heard any information on if/when 2017 class dates will start up?

A friend of mine talked to a BCP today. They said folks interviewed in early November could be in a January or February class. It takes about 6 weeks to do a back ground check.

PNWFlyer
11-11-2016, 02:10 PM
A friend of mine talked to a BCP today. They said folks interviewed in early November could be in a January or February class. It takes about 6 weeks to do a back ground check.

Are they still doing interviews?

CassinAK
12-02-2016, 03:45 PM
New bid out 39 upgrades 71 or so new hires.

24 SEA
9 LAX
3 PDX
3 ANC

I've been told around 175 new hires in 2017.

ShyGuy
12-02-2016, 04:18 PM
VX numbers so far for the entire year 2017 are 18 upgrades and 56 new hires.

Chuckie
12-02-2016, 04:57 PM
VX numbers so far for the entire year 2017 are 18 upgrades and 56 new hires.

This just sounds ridiculously low, considering attrition, growth, and bringing the manning up to AS contract-mandated levels. It sounds like it's going to be a while before the pilot famine is over, if it ever will be.

OCCP
12-02-2016, 05:20 PM
I've heard that rumor for a few months but have no facts. VX is not under Alaska's contract so any mandated staffing level most likely wouldn't apply to virgin. It sucks because we staff paper thin, but I have no hope that Alaska will fix anything. 18 upgrades is pathetic. If anyone was on the fence about bailing this should change that. Who wants to swing gear for over a decade at a bottom barrel carrier.

CassinAK
12-02-2016, 07:29 PM
I've heard that rumor for a few months but have no facts. VX is not under Alaska's contract so any mandated staffing level most likely wouldn't apply to virgin. It sucks because we staff paper thin, but I have no hope that Alaska will fix anything. 18 upgrades is pathetic. If anyone was on the fence about bailing this should change that. Who wants to swing gear for over a decade at a bottom barrel carrier.

Alaska will man Virgin with the minimum number of pilots contractually allowed.. which is the total needed to cover flying,vacation, training, sick etc plus 10% reserve coverage. So if that means more pilots Virgin will have to hire. If it doesn't then they won't.

ImperialxRat
12-03-2016, 03:38 PM
There has been a Nov 2nd, 14th, and 28th class started and I was told a Dec 5 class will be starting Monday.

They also were interviewing last week, so interviews are still going on.

Good luck guys.

alphasierra01
12-03-2016, 05:06 PM
There has been a Nov 2nd, 14th, and 28th class started and I was told a Dec 5 class will be starting Monday.

Good luck guys.
Still haven't seen a clear answer on how to update in smart recruiters. Where can I find information on that?

Riverside
12-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Still haven't seen a clear answer on how to update in smart recruiters. Where can I find information on that?

Make a new one.

rmcbear08
12-03-2016, 05:10 PM
You can't 'update' in the normal sense. You have to apply again using your same username, fill out all the info again and submit it. I think it's just a ploy to see who really wants to work at AS because it's quite tedious.

alphasierra01
12-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info.

Reactivity
12-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Still haven't seen a clear answer on how to update in smart recruiters.

Are they still using that? A few months ago, they opened a brief window to the in-house application process because Smart Recruiters wasn't working for them.

Riverside
12-04-2016, 04:59 AM
Are they still using that? A few months ago, they opened a brief window to the in-house application process because Smart Recruiters wasn't working for them.

Yup. But he wanted an answer so I gave him one.

PNWFlyer
12-07-2016, 08:15 PM
For the ones that started this week, when did they interview?

ShyGuy
12-08-2016, 10:53 AM

Good luck guys.

Curious, what's this hiring for? Net growth is just 1-2 planes over 12 months, so is this to cover retirements? Block hr increase? Or..... ?

CassinAK
12-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Curious, what's this hiring for? Net growth is just 1-2 planes over 12 months, so is this to cover retirements? Block hr increase? Or..... ?

Retirements and block hour increase. Does Virgin have any retirements?

greaser
12-08-2016, 01:11 PM
You can count 2017 vx retirements on one hand.

ShyGuy
12-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Yes 5 next year and 4 in 2018. The 2020 decade does pick up in double digits per year. Combined VX+AS retirements for the next 10 years, 2017-2026, are approx 625.

TurbineDriver
12-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Yes 5 next year and 4 in 2018. The 2020 decade does pick up in double digits per year. Combined VX+AS retirements for the next 10 years, 2017-2026, are approx 625.

I would love to see the combined retirements compared to the big three over the next 30 years. Anyone have data on that?

stix'nstrings
12-08-2016, 08:45 PM

It's to cover the high number of sick calls when the SLI document is released :p

ShyGuy
12-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Edit: 7 for 2018.

And ~675 retirements 10 yrs 2017-2026 at combined VX/AS.

I only did 10 yrs out. Previous post from another thread:

Combined VX/AS pilot group ~ 2500 total pilots.

For the next 10 years (2017-2026), the combined retirements are total 675.

675/2500 = Just 27% of the pilot group retires in the next 10 years.

In comparison over the same time frame, Delta retires 6,600 the next 10 years of a total ~13,500 which is nearly 50% - half the seniority list. United retires 4500 out of 12,500 which is almost 40% over the next 10. And American does the highest, retiring ~8,100 the next 10 yrs out of 15,300 total which means 53% of their current pilots will be gone by then.

XTweet
12-18-2016, 09:16 AM
From the company website:
"Alaska will be opening a hiring window January 5, 2017 through January 15, 2017. If you know any qualified candidates, please notify them to update their resume and submit."
Good luck everybody....

Klsytakesit
12-19-2016, 08:38 PM
"Alaska will be opening a hiring window January 5, 2017 through January 15, 2017. If you know any qualified candidates, please notify them to update their resume and submit."
Good luck everybody....

Always has been a great stepping stone job....one of the best....Even with this cluster of a merger getting underway...just dont get comfy...The only time our contract is not pathetic is when all the majors are in bankruptcy

spikemath
12-24-2016, 05:47 AM
Sorry to bother on Christmas Eve; is anyone able to share the loads on flight 744 tonight, SFO to SLC departing at 8:50pm? Merry Christmas.

Riverside
12-24-2016, 07:36 AM
Sorry to bother on Christmas Eve; is anyone able to share the loads on flight 744 tonight, SFO to SLC departing at 8:50pm? Merry Christmas.

Try loadshare on fb

Mea25000
12-24-2016, 08:24 AM
-1 coach
12 open in first

spikemath
12-24-2016, 08:46 AM
Thanks mea, take care.

alphasierra01
12-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Good luck everybody....Where exactly on the website does it say this?

dereliction
12-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Where exactly on the website does it say this?
Internal pilot page.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dnick878
12-30-2016, 01:09 PM
anyone else get an interview call for 01/25 interview?

2loud
12-30-2016, 05:18 PM
Professional pilots still want a job at Alaskan Airways? Allegiant pays more!

ImperialxRat
12-31-2016, 12:31 PM
Professional pilots still want a job at Alaskan Airways? Allegiant pays more!

Why do you read these Alaska forums and waste your time posting something as useless as that? Go get a hobby or a beer. Relax and enjoy the New Year.

Reactivity
12-31-2016, 12:54 PM
Why do you read these Alaska forums and waste your time posting something as useless as that? Go get a hobby or a beer. Relax and enjoy the New Year.

You have to understand - this is his hobby. Please don't feed the trolls.

alaskadrifter
01-02-2017, 04:00 PM
What's competitive these days?

Icaruss
01-02-2017, 05:16 PM
What were the hiring minimums last opening?

Reactivity
01-02-2017, 07:22 PM
What's competitive these days?

Whatever gets you called. Being connected to the right people helps a lot.

PNWFlyer
01-03-2017, 05:37 AM
Whatever gets you called. Being connected to the right people helps a lot.

Yes, this seems to be the only constant and it is not completely true. As for mins, for the ones I met in the November interview group, experience was all over the map.

Riverside
01-03-2017, 05:56 AM
What were the hiring minimums last opening?

The same 3k

OrionDriver
01-03-2017, 10:56 AM
The same 3k

Some people have been called with less than 3K, but I think they all had a fair bit of PIC.

Riverside
01-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Some people have been called with less than 3K, but I think they all had a fair bit of PIC.

I don't know how, since one of the questions "do you have 3k hours yes or no?"

Icaruss
01-03-2017, 02:42 PM
The same 3k

Is it 3k fixed wing? Do they count rotary wing as well?

Riverside
01-03-2017, 03:44 PM

Sorry I don't remember rotary being a part of the 3k TT

gazoo34
01-04-2017, 08:36 AM

They don't count rotary time, the chief pilot doesn't believe those of us that have flown rotary in military know how to fly. The quote from him was "it's different flying and doesn't directly translate to flying in the 121 environment".
I find it ironic because the Director of Training is a retired Army helicopter pilot.

Singlecoil
01-04-2017, 09:47 AM
They don't count rotary time, the chief pilot doesn't believe those of us that have flown rotary in military know how to fly. The quote from him was "it's different flying and doesn't directly translate to flying in the 121 environment".
I find it ironic because the Director of Training is a retired Army helicopter pilot.

That was the last DOT. The current one is a civilian.

lear 31 pilot
01-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Did anyone get an email this evening saying that your app was still under review and no action was required on your part at this time?

Reactivity
01-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Did anyone get an email this evening saying that your app was still under review and no action was required on your part at this time?

You were the only one.

silver fleet
01-04-2017, 06:27 PM
I did as well.....

MEMpilot
01-04-2017, 10:12 PM
In regards to the "no action required, your application is still under review."

Since last applying, I've upgraded on the 737NG and now have PIC time. I would assume this would make my application more valuable, yet I'm unable to at least "update" it?

Is there anyone to contact in recruiting that I might be able to deliver this message to? Seems odd to keep an application in a "time capsule" as people upgrade, change aircraft, switch companies, etc.

ImperialxRat
01-05-2017, 08:26 AM
I don't think you've ever been able to update an app in the traditional sense. You re-apply and that's how you update info.

Work2much
01-05-2017, 09:43 AM
I also got the same email "no action needed". I would like to update my app/re-apply to update everything since last year. I'm wondering if this is a "thanks but no thanks"...or a "you're in line to get a call and we don't want you to mess anything up by re-applying"..?? I'm confused.

Fernweh
01-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Same email - I'm thinking, just a shot in the dark here, they will open the window to reapply to the masses that don't have an app on file in the next day or so. At that point we can reapply(update) then. Not impressed with the process yet.

PNWFlyer
01-05-2017, 10:26 AM
I will be the first to admit how frustrating this process is. That being said, Alaska still has almost 50 applicants for each job opening. So, they are not in a huge hurry to fix it. The ones that really want to work there will wait it out. Took me almost a year to get the call and that is quick from what I have witnessed.

Good luck everyone!

Work2much
01-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Is anyone going to go against the email and actually go re-apply?

Fernweh
01-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Is anyone going to go against the email and actually go re-apply?

Yep. Unless I hear otherwise.

full of luv
01-05-2017, 11:06 AM
I also got the same email "no action needed". I would like to update my app/re-apply to update everything since last year. I'm wondering if this is a "thanks but no thanks"...or a "you're in line to get a call and we don't want you to mess anything up by re-applying"..?? I'm confused.

At least they didn't sic "smart recruiters" on you to call and ask if you'd consider Horizon....

Icaruss
01-05-2017, 05:40 PM
So...what is a military high performance aircraft??

SideFlare
01-05-2017, 06:40 PM
So...what is a military high performance aircraft??

Fixed wing Fighter/Attack platforms.

Work2much
01-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Yep. Unless I hear otherwise.

The fact that it said "no further action needed by you" makes me think otherwise. Otherwise they would have said to apply again. Right? It's like a cryptic game and I'm not good at games. Just tell me what's up in plain English that doesn't make me have to decode their email messages.

Reactivity
01-05-2017, 07:03 PM
The fact that it said "no further action needed by you" makes me think otherwise. Otherwise they would have said to apply again. Right? It's like a cryptic game and I'm not good at games. Just tell me what's up in plain English that doesn't make me have to decode their email messages.

Previous iterations of this process dumped you out of their system unless you reapplied, and their emails told you that you would be dumped unless you took action to reapply. This time is different in that they have told us we don't need to do anything more. It is, however, less than optimal since many of us might like to update our applications, because we might have significant changes to report.

Klsytakesit
01-05-2017, 08:18 PM
If Virgin America opens a window for hiring make sure to apply. For everyone hired after the merger anouncement it is straight date of hire so holding out for Alaska gets you nothing

Work2much
01-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Previous iterations of this process dumped you out of their system unless you reapplied, and their emails told you that you would be dumped unless you took action to reapply. This time is different in that they have told us we don't need to do anything more. It is, however, less than optimal since many of us might like to update our applications, because we might have significant changes to report.

I've emailed the few contacts in the recruiting dept and none of them have good answers. Some say reapply some say don't. Ha! Sounds like the Smart Receuiter program debacle doesn't it? So I won't reapply until I can get a set answer. I don't want to lose my place in line if I'm so fortunate to be in that coveted line.

MilesHigh
01-05-2017, 11:01 PM
If Virgin America opens a window for hiring make sure to apply. For everyone hired after the merger anouncement it is straight date of hire so holding out for Alaska gets you nothing

Is this because they are both ALPA carriers?

ShyGuy
01-06-2017, 03:11 AM
Is this because they are both ALPA carriers?

It's in the TPA which is a document agreed to by all three parties, AS mgt, VX MEC, and AS MEC. Pretty much every merger prior once the merger date is announced, pilots hired after on either side are placed in DOH order at the bottom of the list. Merger announcement was Apr 4 and closed in Dec 14th, at which point VX became wholly owned by the AS Air Group. If you wanted to work at AS, why wouldn't you apply to VX?

Icaruss
01-06-2017, 04:54 AM
Fixed wing Fighter/Attack platforms.

I just think is not clear. I'm sure a T-38 is a high performance as well.

Pogey Bait
01-06-2017, 06:47 AM
I just think is not clear. I'm sure a T-38 is a high performance as well.

It ain't no Cessna....that's a supersonic jet, would definitely count that.

MiLtoMajor123
01-06-2017, 08:02 AM
It's in the TPA which is a document agreed to by all three parties, AS mgt, VX MEC, and AS MEC. Pretty much every merger prior once the merger date is announced, pilots hired after on either side are placed in DOH order at the bottom of the list. Merger announcement was Apr 4 and closed in Dec 14th, at which point VX became wholly owned by the AS Air Group. If you wanted to work at AS, why wouldn't you apply to VX?

because we don't know what the transfer rules are yet. Will you be locked Virgin side? Will there be a Virgin side? Are they keeping the Buses?

These are real questions that need answering depending on one's QOL goals.

MiLtoMajor123
01-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Then one of my AS contact said to just update my Resume without reapplying. Well I started to do that but it looks like it started a whole new application after I downloaded the Resume. So I'm stuck now wondering if I should finish the new app or just not complete it since they are looking at my older one. :confused:

ArcticDog
01-06-2017, 08:08 AM
because we don't know what the transfer rules are yet. Will you be locked Virgin side? Will there be a Virgin side? Are they keeping the Buses?

These are real questions that need answering depending on one's QOL goals.

They are merging the two airlines, negotiating a joint CBA and integrating the two seniority lists. That has been clear from the union, company and the TPA. How long until this is all sorted out is anyone's guess. There could be fences around bases and equipment. Nothing has been decided/announced on the fleet plan yet.

AltoCumulus
01-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Apply again notwithstanding email...worst case=2 applications in system...oops sorry, I really want to work at AS.

Don't apply because e-mail said you didn't have to...worst case=you have 0 applications on file and will not get hired.

How is this even an issue?

Work2much
01-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Apply again notwithstanding email...worst case=2 applications in system...oops sorry, I really want to work at AS.

Don't apply because e-mail said you didn't have to...worst case=you have 0 applications on file and will not get hired.

How is this even an issue?

The issue I see is that if you're in line ahead of those who are newly applying for the first time then it could throw you back to the back of the line. However I don't know if that happens. Why else would they say not to update or reapply?