Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : USAir Jobs website

49er
01-10-2014, 12:51 AM
Hi all,

I'm new here, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Does anyone know what is going on with the USAir hiring website? I'm trying to apply, but every time I click the link to the jobs page it appears to be broken.

On the AA jobs page it has a link for a USAir EMB190 FO. Again, I click that link...broken. Is AA the only place to apply? How long has the USAir page been down for? Am I doing something wrong?

Any info would be appreciated.

meyers9163
01-10-2014, 03:38 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know what is going on with the USAir hiring website? I'm trying to apply, but every time I click the link to the jobs page it appears to be broken.

On the AA jobs page it has a link for a USAir EMB190 FO. Again, I click that link...broken. Is AA the only place to apply? How long has the USAir page been down for? Am I doing something wrong?

Looks like its all on the same page. Looks like if you search "pilot" you'll see both the AA and Airways openings. For now they're separate still....

nwa757
01-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Which browser are you using? I know the US website had troubles with mac safari.

:: AA Careers (http://careers.aa.com/en/ac/jobpost/2083)

sbrsky
01-24-2014, 09:25 AM
I have been having the same issue with Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. It says that I have "timed out" every time I click on the "Apply now" button, but before I have entered any information.

Really
01-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi all,

If that is a picture of you in your 49's uniform. I'd say just show up at the training front desk in Dallas and ask for the Fleet Manager! He'll say "You're hired!!!" :D

crzipilot
01-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Uhmmm..ya...we need more new hires such as that......just go straight to training...no interview required.....

SrfNFly227
01-25-2014, 04:33 AM
I have been having the same issue with Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. It says that I have "timed out" every time I click on the "Apply now" button, but before I have entered any information.

I am getting the "timed out" message also, but I'm getting it while trying to log in to check the status of my applications. I only get it while using Safari though. Downloaded Firefox and everything works fine. If you've tried 3 different browsers with the same result, I would suggest finding a Windows based PC and trying Internet Explorer. Good luck.

Strut Jetstream
01-31-2014, 05:49 PM
I am getting the "timed out" message also, but I'm getting it while trying to log in to check the status of my applications. I only get it while using Safari though. Downloaded Firefox and everything works fine. If you've tried 3 different browsers with the same result, I would suggest finding a Windows based PC and trying Internet Explorer. Good luck.

I was able to update my app on my iMac using google chrome. Didn't try creating a new app though. I did have trouble when I tried using safari too.

JumpSeater
02-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know how to update the information within the application? All I can see to do is update the resume. Otherwise mine has said "Under Review" for status and "Application Invitation" dated 10/3/2013. Nowhere to update flight times, etc., that I can see. It's been like that since I applied 8/5/13. Does anyone else have the same?

SrfNFly227
02-11-2014, 04:40 AM
Does anyone know how to update the information within the application? All I can see to do is update the resume. Otherwise mine has said "Under Review" for status and "Application Invitation" dated 10/3/2013. Nowhere to update flight times, etc., that I can see. It's been like that since I applied 8/5/13. Does anyone else have the same?

Perfectly normal. Unfortunately there is no way to update your application with US Airways.

greasyv
02-23-2014, 10:00 AM
I tried to update my resume as well and each time I hit submit button, my original resume keeps reappearing???

I also noticed that US Air is going to be at the Women in aviation but I only see American Airlines on the list for OBAP spring and summer conferences, does this mean all recruiting and hiring is going to go to AA after WIA conference?

glyde
03-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Has anyone figured out how to update their application yet?

MG386
03-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Has anyone figured out how to update their application yet?

Click: View/Edit my attached resume
Click: Attach my Resume/CV by Uploading a file from my computer
Click: choose pdf file
Select file
Click next and complete the process without trying to view it.
Once you confirm or whatever and you are back at main screen, you can then go and view it. For some reason if you try to view it before confirming it doesn't work.

I'm not sure if that made any sense, but that's how I get it to work for me. I can do it on IE or Chrome, but IE seems to work better on this site.

MG.

dash8
06-05-2014, 09:14 PM
any word on next window?

nwa757
06-10-2014, 06:16 PM
All hiring switching in July/August to AA. US hiring pipeline to cease.

dash8
06-10-2014, 08:23 PM
All hiring switching in July/August to AA. US hiring pipeline to cease.

well balls....

guess everyone better go out and get your astronaut licenses now...

PinnacleFO
06-11-2014, 04:51 AM
Just my opinion on the matter, but I dont think updating your resume does anything. I applied to 8 windows and when i finally got the call the resume I brought in with me looked completely different from the one they had that was over 1 year old.

fosters
06-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Just my opinion on the matter, but I dont think updating your resume does anything. I applied to 8 windows and when i finally got the call the resume I brought in with me looked completely different from the one they had that was over 1 year old.
I agree

That being said I do know someone who added an A320 type, updated their resume and got a call the next day to interview. Could have been circumstantial, no one really knows.

saxman66
06-14-2014, 08:31 PM
I too am confused. I started the app way back in June 2013 while on a 4 day trip on a hotel computer. Bad idea. Obviously I didn't get all way the through and I got an email saying I needed to finish within 48 hours. Well since I was on a 4 day trip, I couldn't get to a good computer so I just let it lapse and figure it would kick out my application. A week or two later, I start again at home, but now on my Mac it keeps timing me out to get through the first questionaires. But now when I go back, even today, I still see my original app on file from June 2013 that shows "under review." I'm still thinking its halfway done if someone were to look. Should I just fill out a new one anyway, or just keep updating my resume. Of course this all sounds moot once the apps just go to the AA side in a month or so.