Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

DanTheSasquatch
05-14-2014, 09:16 PM
I am in the market for a Bose QC15 and UFlyMike. Would prefer them together, but I am willing to buy them separately.

Heard they are pretty nice and figured I would try finding some on here before heading to ebay.

Grumble
05-15-2014, 09:33 AM
I am in the market for a Bose QC15 and UFlyMike. Would prefer them together, but I am willing to buy them separately.

Heard they are pretty nice and figured I would try finding some on here before heading to ebay.

You're going to save maybe $50-$75 on ebay. Just shell out the cash and buy new ones (without a questionable history). They're worth every penny, especially if you're a commuter.

DanTheSasquatch
05-15-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm not a commuter or anything yet. Just a lowly private pilot working towards a flying career. Figured if I am shooting for 121 I may as well get a decent headset early on. Thanks for the advice though, I will do that unless someone offers me a pair on here at a reasonable price.

DanTheSasquatch
05-15-2014, 12:15 PM
Took your advice and went ahead and bought some new ones. Thanks!

Grumble
05-15-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm not a commuter or anything yet. Just a lowly private pilot working towards a flying career. Figured if I am shooting for 121 I may as well get a decent headset early on. Thanks for the advice though, I will do that unless someone offers me a pair on here at a reasonable price.

That would've been good info to have before. You need to spend money on hours, not gucci toys. You're going to have to be very careful with those if you're going to get any mileage out of them with rental/flight school abuse.

With this piece of info, take them back and use the money on a good used pair of David Clarks.

Just looked at ebay. You can get a brand new pair of David Clark 13.4's for less than those Bose. I've had mine for 18 years.

DanTheSasquatch
05-16-2014, 11:07 AM
I take good care of my equipment, so they should last me a while. Also, I already had budgeted a headset into my training, so I'm fine on that front. But I do appreciate your concern.