Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Validation Letter

seattlepilot
05-22-2014, 05:47 AM
I am currently talking to an overseas operator for employment. Among the things that they are requesting from me for the job application is something called "validation letter". Basically, it is something that states what license I have and what my type ratings are. I called the local FSDO and they told me that I can request my own records from OKC. Well, that is way too long of a process.

Anyone have an experience about how to get this document?

Thanks.

mike734
05-22-2014, 07:43 AM
I am currently talking to an overseas operator for employment. Among the things that they are requesting from me for the job application is something called "validation letter". Basically, it is something that states what license I have and what my type ratings are. I called the local FSDO and they told me that I can request my own records from OKC. Well, that is way too long of a process.

Anyone have an experience about how to get this document?

Thanks.

They just want something "official" for their local authorities. You could enumerate your qualifications on a nice piece of paper and have it notarized. They'll love the embossed seal.

FedEx1
05-22-2014, 07:52 AM
FYI. I'm a Notary Public. The notary stamp (it's not "embossed") just says that I witnessed you sign the document and verified your identification. It doesn't validate the content.

Shaft34
05-22-2014, 08:58 AM
You can get a "Verification of Airman Certificate" letter from the FAA website. I did it recently after removing my SSN from my certificate and it was almost immediately received in my email. May or May not work for your situation.

mike734
05-22-2014, 06:59 PM
FYI. I'm a Notary Public. The notary stamp (it's not "embossed") just says that I witnessed you sign the document and verified your identification. It doesn't validate the content.
I could have sworn it was embossed in Washington and California. At least it was last time I bought a house. Aren't embossed stamps available if you want it?

zondaracer
05-22-2014, 11:39 PM
I could have sworn it was embossed in Washington and California. At least it was last time I bought a house. Aren't embossed stamps available if you want it?

Sounds like you had it Apostilled.

seattlepilot
05-23-2014, 07:29 AM
Thank you all. I was able to send an email to the DO via the FAA's website Here's the address:

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/amsrvs/Logon.asp

Once you login you can request the documentation and send it over to whoever you like, typing their email address.

Thanks for all the responses

deftone
05-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Sounds like you had it Apostilled.

+1

I had to get my documents apostilled for my job in Kazakhstan and it was embossed.

mike734
05-24-2014, 05:49 AM
What is an Apostille?
An "apostille" is a form of authentication issued to documents for use in countries that participate in the Hague Convention of 1961. A list of countries that accept apostilles is provided by the US State Department.

If the country of intended use does not participate in the Hague Convention , documents being sent to that country can be "authenticated" or "certified".

The Office of the Secretary of State provides apostille and authentication service to U.S. citizens and foreign nationals on documents that will be used overseas. Types of documents include corporate documents such as company bylaws and articles of incorporation, power of attorney, diplomas, transcripts, letters relating to degrees, marital status, references and job certifications, home studies, deeds of assignments, distributorship agreements, papers for adoption purposes, etc. The U.S. State Department provides general information about document authentications and apostilles under the Hague Convention of 1961 .