Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

NVUS
06-04-2014, 02:19 AM
Unless this news source is wrong, I don't see how this timeline is even possible.

American Eagle upsizing planes | Amarillo Globe-News (http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2014-06-03/american-eagle-upsizing-planes-2-dfw-flights)

JustAMushroom
06-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Haven't heard anything from an official source. Could have been accidentally leaked I suppose.

SkyWest does not fly any 700's in the LAX or ORD systems for the AA side so this would be a surprise.

air101
06-04-2014, 03:22 AM
Unless this news source is wrong, I don't see how this timeline is even possible.

American Eagle upsizing planes | Amarillo Globe-News (http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2014-06-03/american-eagle-upsizing-planes-2-dfw-flights)

Why would the timeline be off (guessing they might be referring to 2015, but odd announced more than year out)? It's always been stated that the crj7 would be transferred to another carrier after the first of the year, likely in a slow transition. And just because the AMA flights might start 6/9 doesn't mean other routes wont start sooner.

NVUS
06-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Why would the timeline be off (guessing they might be referring to 2015)? It's always been stated that the crj7 would be transferred to another carrier after the first of the year, likely in a slow transition. And just because the AMA flights might start 6/9 doesn't mean other routes wont start sooner.

Because I'm assuming June 9th is five days from now.

air101
06-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Because I'm assuming June 9th is five days from now.

Yes 2014... We know that's not going to happen, so 2015???

yimke
06-04-2014, 04:23 AM
Funny.. XJT has a DFW base and our contract is done relatively soon. More than likely it will go to mainline skywest. Bled dry some more..

meyers9163
06-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Someone is doing a 700 come August.... I only see equipment not Airline but I'd assume the press release is correct?

Ps... AA website shows Envoy doing it....

RJ Pilot
06-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Ps... AA website shows Envoy doing it....

This is correct. The flying will be done by ORD L-eagle Crews starting this month.

snippercr
06-04-2014, 06:38 AM
One of those rare occasions RJ Pilot is correct.

In a not so surprising twist, the media reporter got it wrong/was confused and said the wrong airline will be operating it.

Yes CRJ-700 service is returning to DFW but it will be operated by L-Eagle/Envoy.

/thread

NVUS
06-04-2014, 06:45 AM
One of those rare occasions RJ Pilot is correct.

In a not so surprising twist, the media reporter got it wrong/was confused and said the wrong airline will be operating it.

Yes CRJ-700 service is returning to DFW but it will be operated by L-Eagle/Envoy.

/thread

So just exactly how does an airport official confuse Legacy American Eagle with an airline that hasn't flown to their airport in almost a decade?

RJ Pilot
06-04-2014, 07:15 AM
So just exactly how does an airport official confuse Legacy American Eagle with an airline that hasn't flown to their airport in almost a decade?

Its confusing to everyone. Now a days, every other sub-par regional airline gets the name of American Eagle.

Its a shame.

air101
06-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Its confusing to everyone. Now a days, every other sub-par regional airline gets the name of American Eagle.

Its a shame.

SkyWest, Envoy.. they sound so alike I sometimes confuse them myself?? :confused:

Now either this reporter is an aviation buff and SkyWest was on the tip if her tongue, or AA told her some information that has yet to be released in error.

rcfd13
06-04-2014, 08:31 AM

The regionals confuse people. I once talked to a guy in a hotel van who was on my flight. He asked me who I fly for and I named the regional. He said he had never heard of that airline before. He was confused and didn't believe me when I told him he just got off my flight because he insisted that he just got off a United flight.

I think it would be pretty easy for a reporter to mix up names of regionals since most of them probably don't understand at all how the system works.

saturn
06-04-2014, 08:36 AM
I love me some juicy gossip. :rolleyes:
Lets psychologically evaluate the statements of these interviewees in this article to so we can reach the truth of the matter. Or just wait for official announcements and stuff.

Next thread

skypilot35
06-04-2014, 09:42 AM
The city of Amarillo initially identified the American Eagle contractor that will operate the CRJ-700 flights as SkyWest Airlines. But a corrected news release Wednesday named the contractor as Envoy Airlines.

From the article.

DL31082
06-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Reading comprehension guys. Read the entire article.

TheBlueBaron
06-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Ahh geez. Where's my dang popcorn and dr pepper.

NVUS
06-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Reading comprehension guys. Read the entire article.

Yes, we read it correctly. They finally updated and corrected their own article. And the reporter was directly quoting an AMA airport official. You would hope an airport official would know a little more about the airlines that serve their airport, especially one that hasn't flown there in over a decade vs. one that has flown there everyday for the past quarter century.

TheFly
06-04-2014, 11:26 AM
The regionals confuse people. I once talked to a guy in a hotel van who was on my flight. He asked me who I fly for and I named the regional. He said he had never heard of that airline before. He was confused and didn't believe me when I told him he just got off my flight because he insisted that he just got off a United flight.

I think it would be pretty easy for a reporter to mix up names of regionals since most of them probably don't understand at all how the system works.

Sometimes I just tell them XXX Express, with emphasis on the Express as to not mislead them thinking I work for the mainline partner directly.