Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

NotPart91
11-16-2014, 06:47 PM
I've misplaced my original FCC (RR) Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit.

I've contacted the FCC but they require a copy of the original in order to re-issue a duplicate and they've said the the records for the 1970s are no longer available.

I can re-apply, receive an FRN and then obtain a new RR but for nostalgia I'd like to have a copy of the original, (as it was issued when I was a teenager).

You wouldn't believe the trouble I went through as a 1970's teenager just to find/use a typewritter for the FCC Application. My unofficial CFI was an Army/Air Corps WWII Pilot, (which answers why I had to use a typewriter).

I've tried a formal National Archives search, with No Joy.

Is there a specific west coast FRC, (Federal Records Center) that the FCC used for their archived records/licenses?

The only other option I can think of would be attempting to contact former employers where I might have attached a copy of the FCC (RR).

Any ideas or thoughts? The FCC Help Desk was absolutely no help.

Thanking you in advanced.

NP91

Yoda2
11-16-2014, 08:25 PM
I lost mine too, from the seventies and when it was free. Not to be a jerk, though I sometimes wish I had a lot of things I used to have. I will save you the list, as it is quite lengthy. Regardless, I filled out the forms, which are way more hassle now and payed the $50 fee. Due to this experience, I probably appreciate my current card more than the original.

waldo135
11-17-2014, 09:16 AM
I lost mine and called the FCC. The lady was nice enough to tell me if you go online and make any change (like phone number) the FCC will issue you a new license FREE OF CHARGE! Worked like a champ

MoonShot
11-19-2014, 05:31 AM
I lost mine and called the FCC. The lady was nice enough to tell me if you go online and make any change (like phone number) the FCC will issue you a new license FREE OF CHARGE! Worked like a champ

That's good to know right there!

Proptrash
12-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Waldo,
I actually just updated my info. About how long does it take for the new permit to arrive?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1