Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

bloomerpilot
11-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Just curious how some of you handled a few things on the pilot credentials website for American. Under certificates, I checked the ATP certificate (AMEL) box but do I need to check the IFR certified box as well? I know its a given with an ATP but does their system know that? Also, did you upload copies of letters of recommendation right away or did you wait to bring those to the interview? I'm just trying to make sure everything looks right so maybe I'll have a chance at a call. Thanks.

FlyingLow77
11-26-2014, 05:39 PM
There have been a few threads on this, but it is difficult to find and glean much good information from them. I have had similar questions about the checkboxes on the certificates page.

Being at a DC I have tons of information on how Delta wants their applications filled out, but I am having a harder time finding information on how AA wants their's done.

Anyone one that is very familiar with the AA application, and what they are looking for, who is willing to share this information would be greatly appreciated.

DJPILOT
11-27-2014, 12:58 AM
How hard is to fill a basic application??? ... Fill the boxes , YES or NO ? ...// and that's it ....

SinglePilot135
11-28-2014, 08:11 AM
I always check yes to Instrument-Rated. As far as LORs, I would upload them right away. From what I can tell they likely look at them beforehand, either before you are selected for video or before the interview. I was the only one in my group who brought printed LORs to the interview and they didn't even take them, of course I told them they were also on pilot credentials. Basically, once you're at the interview its up to what you say and do to lose it, they want to hire you.

Good luck to you!

ghilis101
11-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Check all the boxes you think you need to check, even if it seems redundant (ie atp of course makes you instrument rated but check instrument anyway). No printed LORs as mentioned above. Not even PRIA request forms, they fill them out for you which is amazing, hardly any other airline on the planet does that. Hire rate for face to face is very close to 100 percent .

FlyingLow77
12-01-2014, 10:01 AM
How hard is to fill a basic application??? ... Fill the boxes , YES or NO ? ...// and that's it ....

I don't know how it is at American, but Delta is very particular about how the application is filled out and it is not all that intuitive. If you don't fill it out correctly (i.e. the way they want) the algorithm will not score your application correctly and it could push you down the list. Once in the interview for Delta they use the application as a guide to question you and so how your fill out the application affects the flow of the interview. I would prefer to only provide positive explanations instead of why I didn't check a box.

Again, my knowledge is more thorough when it comes to Delta which is why we come here and ask questions about American's process. If anyone has any questions about the Delta app I would be happy to try and answer those.

Team Ramrod
12-03-2014, 04:43 PM
AA Pilot Credentials doesn't specify range of employment history. Anyone know how how far back do they want? I heard Delta wants everything since college. So I am guessing the same. United only required 10 yrs I believe.

john lennon
12-03-2014, 07:11 PM
AA Pilot Credentials doesn't specify range of employment history. Anyone know how how far back do they want? I heard Delta wants everything since college. So I am guessing the same. United only required 10 yrs I believe.

How do you know the difference between what United wants vs. Delta? They pull from the same exact application, besides the addendum section.

FlyingLow77
12-04-2014, 08:35 AM
The pilot hiring people at our company where trained by Delta HR for the EtD program which was identical to the Delta interview. Multiple members of our hiring department have stated that Delta wants to see employment history back to high school or at least from graduation forward.

You may get an interview without it, but again they will ask about any employment gaps and you will end up talking about it anyway. Easier to put it all on the app and it could make the conversation move more smoothly.

kansas
12-05-2014, 11:09 AM
There have been a few threads on this, but it is difficult to find and glean much good information from them. I have had similar questions about the checkboxes on the certificates page.

Is the "safety officer" check box in the certificates section for an actual rating or title of some sort? It's worded that way, yet I don't really know of how to obtain that certification. Asking because I have been a safety officer in the past, but I don't have any certification for it aside from a business card.

Also, in regards to the "current rating" check box: Does this mean "current to fly customers on the line" right now if you were called to do it, or just that you possess that type rating?

FlyingLow77
12-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Those are two questions I would email pilotcreditials about and see what they say. I understand they are pretty responsive.

Columbusohio
05-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Hello,

For American Airlines, do you put ALL your education into the pilot credentials site? I put down the colleges I attended but none of my professional type schools (flightsafety, military schools, ect) because the drop down boxes dont seem to support putting professional type schools.

Thanks in advance

TankerDriver
05-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Is the "safety officer" check box in the certificates section for an actual rating or title of some sort? It's worded that way, yet I don't really know of how to obtain that certification. Asking because I have been a safety officer in the past, but I don't have any certification for it aside from a business card.

Also, in regards to the "current rating" check box: Does this mean "current to fly customers on the line" right now if you were called to do it, or just that you possess that type rating?

If you've been to safety school out in ABQ, you're a "safety officer".

StratoSoda
05-29-2015, 09:26 AM
If you've been to safety school out in ABQ, you're a "safety officer".

I also was questioning this. Are you talking AMIC as a qualifier to be a Safety Officer? I went through the training but never checked the Safety Officer block because I never held that title within my squadron.

Either way I did put the course in my schooling and I got the call 3 weeks later. That was after having my stuff in the system for 9 months. Very possibly a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TankerDriver
05-29-2015, 10:16 AM
I also was questioning this. Are you talking AMIC as a qualifier to be a Safety Officer? I went through the training but never checked the Safety Officer block because I never held that title within my squadron.

Either way I did put the course in my schooling and I got the call 3 weeks later. That was after having my stuff in the system for 9 months. Very possibly a coincidence.

I've heard Safety School is definitely something the majors like to see on a resume. That and AF Advanced Instrument School.

TankerDriver
05-30-2015, 11:03 AM
Did any of you military guys upoad ARMS products (IDS) and a current Form 8 with your resume?

Hawg
05-30-2015, 11:17 AM
I did not. I uploaded BS/MBA transcripts, license, medical, radio telephone permit, and resume.

Rajplt
03-02-2016, 05:53 PM
What are people doing regarding uploading certificates? Are you uploading documents like Hawg? Just medical and pilot certificate? Nothing? I currently only have my resume and LORs under attachments.

Sled
03-02-2016, 06:38 PM
What are people doing regarding uploading certificates? Are you uploading documents like Hawg? Just medical and pilot certificate? Nothing? I currently only have my resume and LORs under attachments.

I'd also like to know the answer to this question. I had never though to upload certificates or ratings. Does it say to do this somewhere?

ScooterD
03-04-2016, 04:24 AM

I believe resume and LORs are all you need to upload. Also, you can have people use the following link to do an online recommendation instead of uploading an LOR: https://aa.pilotcredentials.com/index.php?a=recommend

Rajplt
03-04-2016, 04:53 AM
I believe resume and LORs are all you need to upload. Also, you can have people use the following link to do an online recommendation instead of uploading an LOR: https://aa.pilotcredentials.com/index.php?a=recommend

Thanks Scooter. I took the belt and suspenders approach with LORs and recommendations. I have both from each individual. I just didn't scan certificates. Thanks for the input.
RAJ

saxman66
03-07-2016, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the link! Do LOR's still not help until you're actually at an interview or will they help get me a call? I understand that the references I used in pilot credentials don't really get considered until you are at the interview. Are LOR's (perhaps from those same people) any different?

Sliceback
03-08-2016, 06:46 AM
^^^ As far as I know they're looked reviewed at the final step.

An unknown is has the change at top of the Flt dept. changed the process? If yes I'd assume that LOR's could carry more weight earlier in the process.

TankerDriver
03-19-2016, 01:13 PM
What's the consensus on cover letters? How many have been uploading them? Does HR actually look at your attachments and take them into consideration? Is Pilot Credentials a point awarding system depending on how many boxes you've checked or is a human being sifting through apps?

andrewtac
03-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Spoke with someone in hiring a couple weeks ago. Apps are looked at by people. Letters of rec will help you break out if there is a tie, but won't necessarily break you out of the stack of thousands. By that I suspect there is some sort of computer system that sorts them first. Not sure on cover letters, but I suspect the same.