Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New Uniform

TrakTrak
12-02-2014, 10:40 AM
https://newjetnet.aa.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/106642994-195141/photo28384_orig.jpeg/Look1_MalePilot_102_Finals.jpg
https://newjetnet.aa.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/106642994-195131/photo28379_orig.jpeg/Look1_DoublePilots_564_Final.jpg

inline five
12-02-2014, 10:57 AM
You can't link directly from Wings/Jetnet...

PRS Guitars
12-02-2014, 11:04 AM
So I guess the double breasted rumor was true. I just don't get it, it's been out of style for decades, but at least it's not gold. Over weight pilots are going to look like crap in it. I actually like the leather jacket, looks like a motorcycle jacket. I hope they keep the incognito look and don't add epauletts, wings and name tags. Looks like the trench coat might be the only one we're allowed based on the "proprietary" color quote, and who is going to flip the collar up for reflectivity!?

TrakTrak
12-02-2014, 11:10 AM
You can't link directly from Wings/Jetnet...

Ahh, I see.

It's on jetnet folks.

bernouli
12-02-2014, 11:16 AM
thin stripes and a pin striped tie would have looked better in my opinion. the leather and raincoat aren't too bad.

the FA's uniforms look sharp, and I'm glad to see female pilots don't have to look like Paula Poundstone anymore.

inline five
12-02-2014, 11:17 AM
I actually like the leather jacket, looks like a motorcycle jacket. I hope they keep the incognito look and don't add epauletts, wings and name tags.
It was designed that way on purpose, I doubt they are going to abandon it.

PRS Guitars
12-02-2014, 11:18 AM
thin stripes and a pin striped tie would have looked better in my opinion. the leather and raincoat aren't too bad.

the FA's uniforms look sharp, and I'm glad to see female pilots don't have to look like Paula Poundstone anymore.

The stripes are a bit fat, but LUS's are way too thin. United's seem like a good gauge.

jimistrat
12-02-2014, 11:21 AM
So I guess the double breasted rumor was true. I just don't get it, it's been out of style for decades, but at least it's not gold. Over weight pilots are going to look like crap in it. I actually like the leather jacket, looks like a motorcycle jacket. I hope they keep the incognito look and don't add epauletts, wings and name tags. Looks like the trench coat might be the only one we're allowed based on the "proprietary" color quote, and who is going to flip the collar up for reflectivity!?

Totally agree about the leather jacket!! In fact, I think it looks better then the Perrone ones we wear now IMO. I honestly didnt think we were going to be able to wear them again. So can we just wear the leather jacket as opposed to the double breasted blazer?? Of course that wont work in summer. Every picture had hats so I guess thats not going to be optional. :cool:

inline five
12-02-2014, 11:28 AM
The stripes are a bit fat, but LUS's are way too thin. United's seem like a good gauge.
The ironic thing about your statement is United hired a high priced designer to do their uniforms and threw it in the trash after a lot of back and forth, and had their uniform vendor design it for them.

Wiskey Driver
12-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Totally agree about the leather jacket!! In fact, I think it looks better then the Perrone ones we wear now IMO. I honestly didnt think we were going to be able to wear them again. So can we just wear the leather jacket as opposed to the double breasted blazer?? Of course that wont work in summer. Every picture had hats so I guess thats not going to be optional. :cool:

The Perrone leather jacket is a REAL leather bomber and very warm in the winter months. The leather jacket in the photo looks like something off the rack at TJMax. Double breasted went out of style in 1982 and has not resurfaced since.

WD at AWA

bernouli
12-02-2014, 11:43 AM
The Perrone leather jacket is a REAL leather bomber and very warm in the winter months. The leather jacket in the photo looks like something off the rack at TJMax. Double breasted went out of style in 1982 and has not resurfaced since.

WD at AWA

It just did.

Wiskey Driver
12-02-2014, 11:47 AM
It just did.

Yeah I guess you're correct:D

WD at AWA

The Juice
12-02-2014, 11:58 AM
The women's pilot uniform is.........well....

KiloAlpha
12-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Looks pretty casual for the women.

All the pics have the model wearing a hat.

wiz5422
12-02-2014, 12:22 PM
The leather jacket is crap, we are pilots not just some Joe schmo off the street. Also hope they lose the double breasted jacket, and hats being mandatory.

Surprise
12-02-2014, 12:23 PM
I'll wear my double-breasted blazer when I have a double-breasted contract.

SilverandSore
12-02-2014, 12:35 PM
I'll wear my double-breasted blazer when I have a double-breasted contract.

Sure ya will...

FlyingLow77
12-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the other pictures if someone had the wherewithal to post them.

The Drizzle
12-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Sure ya will...

http://i.imgur.com/nPppWpd.gif

Surprise
12-02-2014, 12:49 PM
But really, if we have a leather jacket option, why wear a dumb double-breasted blazer? Especially when it's pathetically obvious they're just trying to (poorly) copy Delta?

cubguy
12-02-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm not a fan of double breasted but I think overall the uniforms look very nice and professional.

TrakTrak
12-02-2014, 01:17 PM
But really, if we have a leather jacket option, why wear a dumb double-breasted blazer? Especially when it's pathetically obvious they're just trying to (poorly) copy Delta?

The original AA uniform was double breasted. During the piston days. There are a couple pics on the wall at GSW.

eaglefly
12-02-2014, 01:52 PM

AA has always tried to copy Delta. Even Anderson admits it and of course, AA always seems to come up short. When you have bad management with few ideas, that's all one can do. It was hoped things would change, but ............well, you get the idea. :rolleyes:

eaglefly
12-02-2014, 01:54 PM

WD at AWA

Perrone's only have off the rack sizes, so if they're making them, I'll wait till pops gets theirs in gear and go for the super custom fit.

AboveAndBeyond
12-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Can someone post pics?

The Juice
12-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Perrone's only have off the rack sizes, so if they're making them, I'll wait till pops gets theirs in gear and go for the super custom fit.

Love my Pops. Whenever I hang my Pops in the flight deck, next to the Perrone, you can clearly see the difference in quality

benji2012
12-02-2014, 03:01 PM
So does anyone have pics for the non jetnet club members?

Jetdriver7
12-02-2014, 03:03 PM
They are posted on wings as well. I think they look fairly professional; think the female looks a bit casual. Overall I'm not unhappy about them. I hope some of the different fit options are good quality.

benji2012
12-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Sorry not familiar with wings, any chance you have a link? Thanks in advance

AboveAndBeyond
12-02-2014, 03:09 PM

Wings is the US Airways crew website, and you need a password. The pics have not hit the Express websites yet. I would love to see them if anyone can share the pics.

viper548
12-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Internal US Airways website.

benji2012
12-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Gotcha...unregard

viper548
12-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Think Delta with silver stripes and buttons

benji2012
12-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Same pay too? I kid I kid

flybywire44
12-02-2014, 03:19 PM
The new pilot uniforms look GREAT!

The double breasted jacks will look good open as well. It may be too early to judge the quality of the leather uniforms.

Hopefully, hats are here to stay.

Wiskey Driver
12-02-2014, 03:59 PM

When I ordered my it took them months to get it to me because it was made to order.

WD at AWA

eaglefly
12-02-2014, 04:49 PM
When I ordered my it took them months to get it to me because it was made to order.

WD at AWA

Mine took two weeks and fit like a glove, but that was 6-7 years ago. Looks like this "leather" is more of a custom dress jacket as opposed to the traditional bomber, so it's likely to only be available from the company source anyway.........."Di Serrano on the rocks, please" :rolleyes:

Hopefully hats are optional. Since half never wore them when they were mandatory, making them mandatory again only creates another unnecessary V.P. Position;

Position Opening : VP of Uniform Compliance - Report to Director of Flight. Monitor pilots for uniform compliance, especially proper hat usage and position. Notify proper supervisors for disciplinary action and compile infraction dossiers. Attend pilot disciplinary hearings.

P.S. I bet a certain fruitcake comes completely unhinged at this one. ;)

bernouli
12-02-2014, 05:35 PM

WD at AWA

disregard

weekendflyer
12-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Wholly owned guys gotta wear this crap too? RJ pilots wearing double breasted uniforms getting paid shi* wages.

Diesel1030
12-02-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm relieved that we didn't up with something like VA pilots wear.

I think it looks classy. Just like any uniform there will always be slobs in it.

inline five
12-02-2014, 05:53 PM

I think it looks classy. Just like any uniform there will always be slobs in it.

Me too, the male pilots had the best design IMO.

Diesel1030
12-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Me too, the male pilots had the best design IMO.

agreed. Looks like the hat didn't change at all. I wish they had a closeup of the wings..hard to tell if they are generic for these photos or what we really will wear.

Overall I think it looks great. Not too sure about the Euro jacket though.

TrakTrak
12-02-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm telling ya, that uniform is kinda retro...the wings too! The original AA wings looked like is on our current leather coat.

Wiskey Driver
12-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Mine took two weeks and fit like a glove, but that was 6-7 years ago. Looks like this "leather" is more of a custom dress jacket as opposed to the traditional bomber, so it's likely to only be available from the company source anyway.........."Di Serrano on the rocks, please" :rolleyes:

Hopefully hats are optional. Since half never wore them when they were mandatory, making them mandatory again only creates another unnecessary V.P. Position;

Position Opening : VP of Uniform Compliance - Report to Director of Flight. Monitor pilots for uniform compliance, especially proper hat usage and position. Notify proper supervisors for disciplinary action and compile infraction dossiers. Attend pilot disciplinary hearings.

My leather I wear for warmth. This leather looks light weight and more for dress than warmth.

WD at AWA

TrakTrak
12-02-2014, 06:09 PM
http://mediaassets.tcpalm.com/photo/2014/03/20/Vintage_Photo_Op__3520280_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Capt Hindsight
12-02-2014, 06:22 PM

IMO we got a leather jacket that would make Branson proud. Look at the captain modeling it. He looks silly, like he borrowed his teenage son's jacket. So, we went back 40 years to go traditional with the double breasted and hat, then chose THAT leather jacket?

Oh, and whoever picked those stripes must have white wall tires on their car too.

Capt H

Route66
12-03-2014, 03:28 AM
IMO we got a leather jacket that would make Branson proud. Look at the captain modeling it. He looks silly, like he borrowed his teenage son's jacket. So, we went back 40 years to go traditional with the double breasted and hat, then chose THAT leather jacket?

Oh, and whoever picked those stripes must have white wall tires on their car too.

Capt H

The stripes are "reflective" on the hopes they don't get hit by an errant union "bag cart or belt loader".

Route66
12-03-2014, 03:41 AM

Fruitcake here. In fact I agree with you!

We DO need a VP of Uniform Compliance. All of the above I not only agree but I would LOVE to apply for. It's about time you liberal lackeys start looking like the professional you claim to be. No more "non standard" liberty ties. No more "black clogs" for shoes. They WILL make you wear your hats, from what I have been told.

I wear my hat and coat all the time. I used to wear the leather jacket but it was never warm enough even with the vest installed. I just don't have enough "fat" on my body for insulation like some do so I guess that's why it works for them. But in reality I now wear it for motorcycle rally's I attend. I don't have the beard, the big paunch or earrings but it lets me fit in like a hand in a glove!

I'll look good in double-breasted. But I suppose if you don't like it you can protest and decline to wear it if ordered. I'm looking forward to your chest-thumping response telling us how real union types are going to stick to the man in protest!:D

Route66
12-03-2014, 03:44 AM

WD at AWA

Your not supposed to put your jacket over your head! But they said that XXXXXXXXXL was no longer available due to the leather shortage it creates.

Route66
12-03-2014, 03:47 AM
AA has always tried to copy Delta. Even Anderson admits it and of course, AA always seems to come up short. When you have bad management with few ideas, that's all one can do. It was hoped things would change, but ............well, you get the idea. :rolleyes:

When you have "bad followers" with self inflicted grandiose ideas you have......the word eludes me for the moment but I think it starts with "U"!

Route66
12-03-2014, 03:50 AM
I'm not a fan of double breasted but I think overall the uniforms look very nice and professional.

The new pilot uniforms look GREAT!

The double breasted jacks will look good open as well. It may be too early to judge the quality of the leather uniforms.

Hopefully, hats are here to stay.

Oh, oh. I'm going to agree with you and now you are SCREWED because EF is going to "unfriend" you. Her loss because the sweater doesn't go with her wardrobe or figure.

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 05:00 AM
Fruitcake here. In fact I agree with you!

We DO need a VP of Uniform Compliance. All of the above I not only agree but I would LOVE to apply for. It's about time you liberal lackeys start looking like the professional you claim to be. No more "non standard" liberty ties. No more "black clogs" for shoes. They WILL make you wear your hats, from what I have been told.

I wear my hat and coat all the time. I used to wear the leather jacket but it was never warm enough even with the vest installed. I just don't have enough "fat" on my body for insulation like some do so I guess that's why it works for them. But in reality I now wear it for motorcycle rally's I attend. I don't have the beard, the big paunch or earrings but it lets me fit in like a hand in a glove!

I think you should apply. You're just the guy for the job. ;)

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Love my Pops. Whenever I hang my Pops in the flight deck, next to the Perrone, you can clearly see the difference in quality

Yeah, it will be sad to see these go, but at least with a blank patch, you can still use it.

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 05:17 AM
When you have "bad followers" with self inflicted grandiose ideas you have......the word eludes me for the moment but I think it starts with "U"!

I wouldn't blame USAPA for that. :rolleyes:

tom11011
12-03-2014, 05:20 AM
Here is a link to the new uniforms pictures.

American Airlines new uniforms | Airline Pilot Info (http://www.airlinepilotinfo.com/american-airlines-new-uniforms/)

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Here is a link to the new uniforms pictures.

American Airlines new uniforms | Airline Pilot Info (http://www.airlinepilotinfo.com/american-airlines-new-uniforms/)

Pilots don't seem to be much of a change from legacy AA. A bit darker (vs. Navy), double-breast and wider, whiter arms strips. Personally, I'd get rid of the double-breast and think for ourselves for a change and trim the stripes width a bit, but that's just opinion.

bernouli
12-03-2014, 05:40 AM
The stripes are "reflective" on the hopes they don't get hit by an errant union "bag cart or belt loader".

then explain the neon green vest

tom11011
12-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Pilots don't seem to be much of a change from legacy AA. A bit darker (vs. Navy), double-breast and wider, whiter arms strips. Personally, I'd get rid of the double-breast and think for ourselves for a change and trim the stripes width a bit, but that's just opinion.

I agree, I like the thinner stripes better as well like PSA wears.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1743&stc=1&d=1417618243

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 06:01 AM

He was being facetious. He's obsessed with unions and unionism. He lost hundreds of thousands of dollars he'll never get back and I suppose he blames unions when he should be directing his anger toward the people who have and CONTINUE to dilute their promised benefits.

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 06:04 AM
I agree, I like the thinner stripes better as well like PSA wears.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1743&stc=1&d=1417618243

The tie seems a bit bland as it appears to match the suit. Stripes or a bit of color there might be better too. Perhaps splotches that look like pasta sauce to camouflage the inevitable crew-meal splatter ?

NewGuyHere
12-03-2014, 06:47 AM
any pictures of the leather jacket?

JetMonkey
12-03-2014, 06:57 AM
I don't mind going with the double breast, but those stripes look ridiculous..the silver thin ones we currently wear are MUCH better.

That leather jacket isn't gonna help for crap when it's below 30 degrees.. very poor design.

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 07:14 AM
I don't mind going with the double breast, but those stripes look ridiculous..the silver thin ones we currently wear are MUCH better.

That leather jacket isn't gonna help for crap when it's below 30 degrees.. very poor design.

Yes, I don't really understand it. It's of no use when its cold and worthless in MIA as it's almost always too hot. I've heard one thing and that's that the old timers (traditionalists) want a return to a standardized appearance and that as it stands now, it's much too "rag tag" with some wearing jackets, others not, some wearing hats, others not and some wearing trenches and others bomber leathers and some..........well, just wearing all kinds of stuff.

In that I agree with.

In the interest of standardization, I think this leather will only offset that as the minority who choose what appears to be a "dress" leather jacket shoot that concept down even more then half the pilots wearing their hats and the other half holding it in their hands or cradling it between their rollaboard handle. A straight business suit appearance is perfect IMHO, with a "business" non-double breast suit and less ostentatious arm stripes is the way to go.

Perhaps management just wants to A. make us look more ridiculous then the competition AND B. give themselves a useful club (a hat) to keep us in line as the fruitcake wants ?

If they put a fruitcake in charge of all this ridiculousness, then the stage is set !

Sounds like another reason to go to JCBA arbitration to me. ;)

Saabs
12-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Yes, I don't really understand it. It's of no use when its cold and worthless in MIA as it's almost always too hot. I've heard one thing and that's that the old timers (traditionalists) want a return to a standardized appearance and that as it stands now, it's much too "rag tag" with some wearing jackets, others not, some wearing hats, others not and some wearing trenches and others bomber leathers and some..........well, just wearing all kinds of stuff.

In that I agree with.

In the interest of standardization, I think this leather will only offset that as the minority who choose what appears to be a "dress" leather jacket shoot that concept down even more then half the pilots wearing their hats and the other half holding it in their hands or cradling it between their rollaboard handle. A straight business suit appearance is perfect IMHO, with a "business" non-double breast suit and less ostentatious arm stripes is the way to go.

Perhaps management just wants to A. make us look more ridiculous then the competition AND B. give themselves a useful club (a hat) to keep us in line as the fruitcake wants ?

If they put a fruitcake in charge of all this ridiculousness, then the stage is set !

Sounds like another reason to go to JCBA arbitration to me. ;)
You mean we can be like former nwa pilots with out hats in out rollerboards instead of our heads? I'm all in!!

shiznit
12-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Chief Pilot: Where's your hat?

Pilot: In my bag...

CP: Why isn't it on your head where it's supposed to be?

Pilot: Because it's too small.

CP: If it's too small why don't you get a larger one?

Pilot: ...because then it won't fit in my bag!

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 07:46 AM
You mean we can be like former nwa pilots with out hats in out rollerboards instead of our heads? I'm all in!!

Careful............with talk like that, you'll be declared a Communist or worse yet, a pinko liberal unionist. ;)

DCA A321 FO
12-03-2014, 08:04 AM
More than 1500 pilots were at AWA. Before the dark times. Before usapa!

Poor babies

justjack
12-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Hmmm- double breasted suit- just like Delta, only without the Delta pay.
I think we should take up a collection for a full page ad in the NYTimes. Put side by side pictures of Delta Pilots and American pilots. The caption should read,"Doug Parker wants us to look like Delta pilots but he does not want to pay us like Delta pilots."
Now I know the flying public will, most likely, not care but I do think Doug Parker should experience some public humiliation for what he is doing. He certainly will not care if every single pilot writes him a personal letter. I apologize if this should be on another thread- it's just my reaction to the uniform. Who cares what we are wearing if we are not respected.

Included in the full page ad:
"At Delta, we believe long-term success requires that our people, customers and investors win together. We have always been committed to sharing with employees the success they help create."

"Profit sharing is just not the right way to pay 100,000 employees that just don't have that much impact on the daily profits, by the way."

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 08:09 AM
I think we should take up a collection for a full page add in the NYTimes. Put side by side pictures of Delta Pilots and American pilots. The caption should read,"Doug Parker wants us to look like Delta pilots but he does not want to pay us like Delta pilots."
Now I know the flying public will, most likely, not care but I do think Doug Parker should experience some public humiliation for what he is doing. He certainly will not care if every single pilot writes him a personal letter. I apologize if this should be on another thread- it's just my reaction to the uniform. Who cares what we are wearing if we are not respected.

Well, it's more then obvious we aren't respected and that includes the past history of all present 3 primary sides of this pilot group. Parker just want s us to believe we are. :(

justjack
12-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Well, it's more then obvious we aren't respected and that includes the past history of all present 3 primary sides of this pilot group. Parker just want s us to believe we are. :(

Too late for that.

dragonbravo
12-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Very Sterile and dated. So much for a "New" look

tom11011
12-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Two more pictures have been added showing female pilot uniform and leather jackets.

FlyingLow77
12-03-2014, 12:03 PM
I don't mind the look of the leather jacket. The male FA tie would be cool for the pilots depending on how it looked with the rest of the uniform. I just hope I get to wear and AA uniform period so I will be flexible on the style.

Imapilot2
12-03-2014, 12:21 PM
I think it looks better than most. Professional except the leather jacket. Much much better than the chump outfit that VA wears. No way to dress up that pig.

inline five
12-03-2014, 12:42 PM
With the "new" MOU/MTA/JCBA does anyone know if we'll be getting a yearly uniform allowance giving us money to purchase new pants/shirts/what have you?

IIRC there was a one time thing in the TA's but wasn't completely sure. It seems odd that there is no yearly reimbursement for clothing, when even most commuters give you $200-$300 a year.

Imapilot2
12-03-2014, 12:50 PM
With the "new" MOU/MTA/JCBA does anyone know if we'll be getting a yearly uniform allowance giving us money to purchase new pants/shirts/what have you?

IIRC there was a one time thing in the TA's but wasn't completely sure. It seems odd that there is no yearly reimbursement for clothing, when even most commuters give you $200-$300 a year.

most commuters fly more flights in one month than we fly in one year....at 1/2 the income, hence

inline five
12-03-2014, 01:03 PM
most commuters fly more flights in one month than we fly in one year....at 1/2 the income, hence

Well with a 6 hour PHL-LAX, it's only one flight but I'm wearing it for just as much time as the 5 leg stuff I used to do.

PRS Guitars
12-03-2014, 01:04 PM

I think we only get the allowance if we take a deal. If we go to arbitration we loose all the TA's. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Route66
12-03-2014, 01:44 PM
At night it's hard to tel friend from foe.
He was being facetious. He's obsessed with unions and unionism. He lost hundreds of thousands of dollars he'll never get back and I suppose he blames unions when he should be directing his anger toward the people who have and CONTINUE to dilute their promised benefits.
Nope. But back at yah. You and the APA need to quit blaming the Company for the MOU you agreed to ACCEPT. I noticed your anger here on the forum about your already diluted "promised" benefits the MOU give you.

Better go on a diet for that double-breasted coat you'll be getting.

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 02:32 PM
At night it's hard to tel friend from foe.

Nope. But back at yah. You and the APA need to quit blaming the Company for the MOU you agreed to ACCEPT. I noticed your anger here on the forum about your already diluted "promised" benefits the MOU give you.

This is illogical (as usual). I advocate doing JUST THAT - ACCEPTING THE MOU PROVISIONS (as opposed accepting to the bad deal Parker is presently offering instead) and you attack me for it BOTH ways. That's because all you know is attack. Again, you've been hanging around those crazy tea-totalers again. ;)

So you now advocate taking the MOU JCBA provisions ?
You can't have it both ways, Mr. Roadkill. :rolleyes:

Better go on a diet for that double-breasted coat you'll be getting.

Now you claim to know my BMI ?

No worries here and no diets planned. My weight is proportional to my height and I have a healthy BMI. Back to the drawing board to plan your next assault, I guess. Perhaps Jerry can help ? :rolleyes:

Route66
12-03-2014, 04:06 PM
This is illogical (as usual). I advocate doing JUST THAT - ACCEPTING THE MOU PROVISIONS (as opposed accepting to the bad deal Parker is presently offering instead) and you attack me for it BOTH ways. That's because all you know is attack. Again, you've been hanging around those crazy tea-totalers again. ;)

So you now advocate taking the MOU JCBA provisions ?
You can't have it both ways, Mr. Roadkill. :rolleyes:

Now you claim to know my BMI ?

No worries here and no diets planned. My weight is proportional to my height and I have a healthy BMI. Back to the drawing board to plan your next assault, I guess. Perhaps Jerry can help ? :rolleyes:

No I DISAGREE. And you and yours brought up "attack" with the poser innuendos since I came on this board.

What I SAID is that what I THOUGHT the company was OFFERING US was better than the MOU we currently had. I still do. We disagree. OK.

I was hounded and beat up because YOU guys THOUGHT I wanted to PAD MY "SENIOR" RETIREMENT PAY when what I was THINKING was getting more money to the junior/new hire guys NOW. You know, one in the hand kind of thing.

But what MY position was then and always has been (and always WILL be) is that arbitration "clauses" like the one we have in the MOU does NOT FAVOR US for anything but COST NEUTRAL until we can negotiate for an AMENDMENT to our present contract in 2019 under the RLA.

You believed that the company initial offer was bad and wasn't worth anything but going to arbitration to get a "cost neutral" finish to the JCBA.

What I was SAYING was that we are NOT in Section 6, the Company is under NO obligation to amend the MOU and there is NOTHING the pilots can LEGALLY do to get them to pay us more or over and above the MOU unless WE BARGAIN WITH THEM and don't draw lines in the sand, at least until sometime AFTER 2019.

That was my position.

Your position was drawing a line in the sand and saying hell no lets go to arbitration and cost neutral. (And evidently you still support that).

My ONLY point on all this is that if the APA unequivocally draws a line in the sand and says hell no to the Company there COULD be repercussions in the future that could affect our bargaining leverage in 2019.

The PHL rep just came out and all but said the APA BOD accepted "promises" from Parker that he "said" he would deliver but couldn't put it in writing because....." (you can fill in the excuse)

But if it isn't in writing, what really COMPELS them to pay us more? You think "Delta shame" is going to sway them? REALLY??

What I have been saying then and what I am saying now and will continue to say that unless and until this pilot group is truly homogenized and in sync with each other (which is going to take a lot of time) we STILL have to wait, plan, be patient and take advantage of the next opportunity.

I know, your tired of waiting but guess what: your not alone but if we don't come up with better plays in the playbook (and I certainly am NOT saying there is much lateral room to maneuver under RLA) we have to work in the confines to what we have and where we are for the moment.

That's adult thinking and that's reality.

But if the SENIORITY issues are not resolved in the next year and I highly suspect they won't....who's hands do the seniority issue play into when 2019 hits us for a new contract?

Hell, they just brought in Jerry Glass. What does THAT tell you?

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
No I DISAGREE. And you and yours brought up "attack" with the poser innuendos since I came on this board.

Considering the level of chameleonism you displayed, the "poser" angle was well earned. From there it went on to cyber screaming in excessive capital letters and outright verbal attacks to personal level. But then again, as a "chump" and more recently a woman (and apparently an overweight one at that), what do I know ? :cool:

What I SAID is that what I THOUGHT the company was OFFERING US was better than the MOU we currently had. I still do. We disagree. OK.

I was hounded and beat up because YOU guys THOUGHT I wanted to PAD MY "SENIOR" RETIREMENT PAY when what I was THINKING was getting more money to the junior/new hire guys NOW. You know, one in the hand kind of thing.

But what MY position was then and always has been (and always WILL be) is that arbitration "clauses" like the one we have in the MOU does NOT FAVOR US for anything but COST NEUTRAL until we can negotiate for an AMENDMENT to our present contract in 2019 under the RLA.

You believed that the company initial offer was bad and wasn't worth anything but going to arbitration to get a "cost neutral" finish to the JCBA.

What I was SAYING was that we are NOT in Section 6, the Company is under NO obligation to amend the MOU and there is NOTHING the pilots can LEGALLY do to get them to pay us more or over and above the MOU unless WE BARGAIN WITH THEM and don't draw lines in the sand, at least until sometime AFTER 2019.

That was my position.

Your position was drawing a line in the sand and saying hell no lets go to arbitration and cost neutral. (And evidently you still support that).

My ONLY point on all this is that if the APA unequivocally draws a line in the sand and says hell no to the Company there COULD be repercussions in the future that could affect our bargaining leverage in 2019.

The PHL rep just came out and all but said the APA BOD accepted "promises" from Parker that he "said" he would deliver but couldn't put it in writing because....." (you can fill in the excuse)

But if it isn't in writing, what really COMPELS them to pay us more? You think "Delta shame" is going to sway them? REALLY??

What I have been saying then and what I am saying now and will continue to say that unless and until this pilot group is truly homogenized and in sync with each other (which is going to take a lot of time) we STILL have to wait, plan, be patient and take advantage of the next opportunity.

I know, your tired of waiting but guess what: your not alone but if we don't come up with better plays in the playbook (and I certainly am NOT saying there is much lateral room to maneuver under RLA) we have to work in the confines to what we have and where we are for the moment.

That's adult thinking and that's reality.

No, that's just your opinion. MY opinion is that I'd prefer to live under the agreement negotiated then fall for a sucker deal that gives us 30 pieces of silver to stop thinking for now and prevent us having to worry about thinking for a longer period and that's ALL I've said.

For saying that, not only am I a female overweight chump, but a pinko, liberal Communist. What conclusion would anyone come to considering the apparent realities you believe ?

But if the SENIORITY issues are not resolved in the next year and I highly suspect they won't....who's hands do the seniority issue play into when 2019 hits us for a new contract?

The MOU JCBA and SLI provisions will ensure both will be completed by the deadline. JCBA arbitration even if started as anticipated next February or so, would still leave plenty of time to complete the process including SLI by December of 2015. The only thing I could see jeopardizing that is ironically actions by the remnants of USAPA or if the West pilots don't get committee representation in the SLI process causing Leo the lion to growl.

It won't be the JCBA process that threatens the SLI.

Hell, they just brought in Jerry Glass. What does THAT tell you?

"Just" ?

Jerry's been scurrying along the baseboards cheeks bulging with cheese for quite awhile. He's been Parker's junkyard dog against the Envoy pilots for most of the year and scheming and planning with him regarding us for that long as well.

inline five
12-03-2014, 05:47 PM
This is a uniform thread jesus people

StratoSoda
12-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Is there any thread that doesn't get hijacked? It's like the real housewives in here

benji2012
12-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I like the belt!

Route66
12-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Considering the level of chameleonism you displayed, the "poser" angle was well earned. From there it went on to cyber screaming in excessive capital letters and outright verbal attacks to personal level. But then again, as a "chump" and more recently a woman (and apparently an overweight one at that), what do I know ? :cool:

No, that's just your opinion. MY opinion is that I'd prefer to live under the agreement negotiated then fall for a sucker deal that gives us 30 pieces of silver to stop thinking for now and prevent us having to worry about thinking for a longer period and that's ALL I've said.

For saying that, not only am I a female overweight chump, but a pinko, liberal Communist. What conclusion would anyone come to considering the apparent realities you believe ?

The MOU JCBA and SLI provisions will ensure both will be completed by the deadline. JCBA arbitration even if started as anticipated next February or so, would still leave plenty of time to complete the process including SLI by December of 2015. The only thing I could see jeopardizing that is ironically actions by the remnants of USAPA or if the West pilots don't get committee representation in the SLI process causing Leo the lion to growl.

It won't be the JCBA process that threatens the SLI.

"Just" ?

Jerry's been scurrying along the baseboards cheeks bulging with cheese for quite awhile. He's been Parker's junkyard dog against the Envoy pilots for most of the year and scheming and planning with him regarding us for that long as well.

So your not even mainline, huh. Sucks to be you.

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 06:53 PM

Yes, as usual you've got "it" and me all figured out and also yes, in your eyes it must suck to be the overweight female Communist who now isn't even at a mainline carrier. I guess anyone in any of those categories sucks.

Your short tenure in civility lasted longer then I expected, but as I suspected I knew it wouldn't last. Zebra's can't change their stripes. I offered information and simply answered your question in a civil manner as you requested and you still spit in my face. Congrats, you've just joined your electric switch in my "no further interest" category. Rant away all you want from here on out. :cool:

eaglefly
12-03-2014, 06:55 PM
This is a uniform thread jesus people

Agreed. My apologies for allowing myself to be led astray. I've nothing further to state about the uniforms, so I'll vacate the thread.

Peace out. :rolleyes:

benji2012
12-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Hahaha great apology, worthy of something my wife would say.

DCA A321 FO
12-03-2014, 09:09 PM

you're

If you are going to diss my little buddy please use proper grammar ;)

DashDriverYV
12-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Wow, just used that ignore function. It's like turning off a horrible sound and finally getting silence. It's too bad some act like children they might of has something worth hearing. Oh well highly recommend it.

tom11011
12-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Here, is some more pictures, this time in video format.

Skip ahead to 3:55 for pilots.

More American Airlines Uniform Pictures | Airline Pilot Info (http://www.airlinepilotinfo.com/more-american-airlines-uniform-pictures/)

eaglefly
12-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Here, is some more pictures, this time in video format.

Skip ahead to 3:55 for pilots.

More American Airlines Uniform Pictures | Airline Pilot Info (http://www.airlinepilotinfo.com/more-american-airlines-uniform-pictures/)

I thought I'd run out of comments to make about the uniform, but after seeing that video (and laughing uncontrollably at the song), I just have to comment;

Is it just a coincidence or is it divine guidance that the song AAG would include with the unveiling of the new uniforms that represent their culture (and really the minds of their front-line employees) to be, "We found love in a hopeless place" ?

God..........how absolutely cryptic.

A "hopeless place" indeed as there certainly isn't any "love" and new uniforms (or paint jobs) won't fix that. :rolleyes:

swaayze
12-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Best comment yet has pilots looking like 'Chaz and Biff on a Vespa ride'.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

badflaps
12-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Best comment yet has pilots looking like 'Chaz and Biff on a Vespa ride'.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

I heard that there is a chance that matching leather pants will be approved.

Waggs
12-05-2014, 01:53 PM

Yes!!!!!!!

inline five
12-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I thought I'd run out of comments to make about the uniform, but after seeing that video (and laughing uncontrollably at the song), I just have to comment;

Is it just a coincidence or is it divine guidance that the song AAG would include with the unveiling of the new uniforms that represent their culture (and really the minds of their front-line employees) to be, "We found love in a hopeless place" ?

God..........how absolutely cryptic.

A "hopeless place" indeed as there certainly isn't any "love" and new uniforms (or paint jobs) won't fix that. :rolleyes:
That wasn't a video by corporate, they produced no such thing.

R57 relay
12-06-2014, 05:05 AM
A lot of our pilots are going to look like Weebles in this uniform. Not me because I'm 6'5" of chiseled muscle, on the internet. ;-)

Mink
12-06-2014, 07:33 AM

Jodhpurs, knee-high boots, a monocle and a riding crop, too.

MrDK
12-06-2014, 08:08 AM
There apparently are two threads going on the subject.
In the other one I made two short posts summarizing my opinion.

1. Is AA trying to punish its employees or just bore its passengers?

2. Looks like a stylish dress rehearsal before performing an eulogy at a funeral.

Thedude
12-06-2014, 09:31 AM
A lot of our pilots are going to look like Weebles in this uniform. Not me because I'm 6'5" of chiseled muscle, on the internet. ;-)

Never knew a muffin shape could be "chiseled".
:eek:

R57 relay
12-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Never knew a muffin shape could be "chiseled".
:eek:

On the Internet, you can be anything. ;-)

I prefer pear shaped Sir.

Bad-Andy
12-08-2014, 03:23 AM
On the Internet, you can be anything. ;-)

I prefer pear shaped Sir.

Just so you know, round is a shape. Therefore, I am in shape....

teddyballgame
12-08-2014, 08:30 AM
I think we should take up a collection for a full page ad in the NYTimes. Put side by side pictures of Delta Pilots and American pilots. The caption should read,"Doug Parker wants us to look like Delta pilots but he does not want to pay us like Delta pilots."

Included in the full page ad:
"At Delta, we believe long-term success requires that our people, customers and investors win together. We have always been committed to sharing with employees the success they help create."

"Profit sharing is just not the right way to pay 100,000 employees that just don't have that much impact on the daily profits, by the way."

You may have broken the code.

Flash back a decade or so ago.

The then-US management basically said to the pre-merger East pilots, "We have no intention of paying you like Southwest pilots; but we'll let you wear those dorky leather jackets (for which you have to pay $380 out of your own pocket) so that you can at least look like Southwest pilots. Oh, and you don't have to wear hats anymore, either."

So now it's, "We have no intention of paying you like Delta pilots; but..."

MrDK
12-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Received an email from AA today announcing it is investing $2B in my travel experience. If the new uniforms are part of that investment I am glad that I am not a stock holder.

eaglefly
12-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Received an email from AA today announcing it is investing $2B in my travel experience. If the new uniforms are part of that investment I am glad that I am not a stock holder.

.... and $2B invested in 100,000 people that have little impact on day-to-day profits yet !

Sounds like a bad investment for shareholders to me. :rolleyes:

StratoSoda
12-12-2014, 06:40 AM
Anyone know the proposed changeover date for the new uniform?

Name User
12-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Anyone know the proposed changeover date for the new uniform?
May 2016

StratoSoda
12-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Wow, it's gonna be a while. Thanks

justjack
12-12-2014, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=teddyballgame;1778706]You may have broken the code.

Flash back a decade or so ago.

The then-US management basically said to the pre-merger East pilots, "We have no intention of paying you like Southwest pilots; but we'll let you wear those dorky leather jackets (for which you have to pay $380 out of your own pocket) so that you can at least look like Southwest pilots. Oh, and you don't have to wear hats anymore, either."

So now it's, "We have no intention of paying you like Delta pilots; but..."[/QUOTE

Although I think taking out full page ads might burn bridges, I am ready to do it. I do not think we have anything to lose at this point and I think that we have always been the only ones interested in changing the "culture." Parker thrived and even carved out his way to the biggest airline in the world, in the most toxic culture imaginable. The "bridge" between us is one way- so we might as well burn it. The uniform comparisons will be eye catching and I think there's plenty of quotes from Parker and even Glass that show what they really think about pilots. I know that there are a certain amount of people who will like Parker more because of his attitude towards labor and that is the risk we have to take but at the very worst it will be out there for all to see. At least we would not have to read another article like this Culture shift evident after American Airlines merger (http://www.wfaa.com/story/money/consumer/2014/12/09/culture-shift-evident-after-american-airlines-merger/20170113/)

Dashdog
01-21-2015, 10:56 AM
At the road show yesterday, somehow the new uniform came up. The reps said that if you prefer to keep single-breasted jackets, then let the company know via [email protected]
Obviously this isn't a big priority at the moment, but since we are the ones who will have to wear this thing whether the JCBA passes or not, I suggest you let them know your thoughts in the near future.

MarineGrunt
01-21-2015, 11:25 AM
At the road show yesterday, somehow the new uniform came up. The reps said that if you prefer to keep single-breasted jackets, then let the company know via [email protected]
Obviously this isn't a big priority at the moment, but since we are the ones who will have to wear this thing whether the JCBA passes or not, I suggest you let them know your thoughts in the near future.

Thanks. Email sent. I begged and pleaded to get rid of the double breasted jacket. They are incredibly "1980's" and I don't feel like looking like Capt Stubings from the Love Boat every day.... or worse yet, a Delta pilot...! :eek:

PRS Guitars
01-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Email sent

Purple Drank
01-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Yes. Pilots can dictate managments' uniform decisions.

How did that work at Delta during the merger? :eek:

Hint: No one likes the double-breasted jacket and hat. Managment doesn't give a ****.

full of luv
01-21-2015, 01:46 PM

How did that work at Delta for the merger? :eek:

Hint: No one likes the double-breasted jacket and hat. Managment doesn't give a ****.

I heard mgmt. said you can have all the uniform changes you want as long as it includes a double breasted navy blue jacket and a hat.

Ekpt40
01-21-2015, 02:05 PM
The DB jacket could have been negated by the leather jacket.
Could have being the operative phrase.
The new leather looks terrible.

Dashdog
01-21-2015, 03:52 PM

How did that work at Delta during the merger? :eek:

It doesn't hurt to make your view known. The management on the US side actually did listen to the pilot group on the last uniform change, and dropped the hat requirement. Not sure if it will work with the people in charge now, but it only takes a minute or two to drop them a quick email.

Feng
01-21-2015, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the email, I let them know I wanted epilettes on the jacket itself.

Feng
01-21-2015, 04:54 PM
And for the FOs

inline five
01-21-2015, 05:24 PM
I would give the double breasted jacket a chance. I was anti DB until I received the uniform last week and tried it on. It looks good and goes on easy. There is one minor cosmetic thing with the jacket that I won't go into now that I think should be changed but other than that it's nice.

Pants are great, slightly stretchy and fit well. Material is good, much higher quality than the M&H crap we have now.

Leather jacket is nice, unless you are of the "bomber" jacket mentality. It's a nice sleek looking jacket.

Hats are...from Superior. They make United's as well as the current US Airways hats. Better than M&H also by far.

The shirts they supplied are basically decent quality button down dress shirts that you'd buy in a department store with epaulet holders on them. I like them. Again much nicer than the stuff we are used to from Pilot House, Cut Above, M&H, etc. They are very white/bright, iron extremely easily, and repel liquids like they are covered in Rustoleum Never Wet.

Personally, I like the male pilot uniform, not so much the women's, but we'll let them comment on it. I like the color, the quality of the material, and the fit/finish.

All that being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a normal jacket (single breasted?). As long as the fit/finish is carried over and the quality materials are still in use. That is my main concern.

Dashdog
01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
I would give the double breasted jacket a chance. I was anti DB until I received the uniform last week and tried it on. It looks good and goes on easy. There is one minor cosmetic thing with the jacket that I won't go into now that I think should be changed but other than that it's nice.

Pants are great, slightly stretchy and fit well. Material is good, much higher quality than the M&H crap we have now.

Leather jacket is nice, unless you are of the "bomber" jacket mentality. It's a nice sleek looking jacket.

Hats are...from Superior. They make United's as well as the current US Airways hats. Better than M&H also by far.

The shirts they supplied are basically decent quality button down dress shirts that you'd buy in a department store with epaulet holders on them. I like them. Again much nicer than the stuff we are used to from Pilot House, Cut Above, M&H, etc. They are very white/bright, iron extremely easily, and repel liquids like they are covered in Rustoleum Never Wet.

Personally, I like the male pilot uniform, not so much the women's, but we'll let them comment on it. I like the color, the quality of the material, and the fit/finish.

Well, I guess we all like different stuff. It would be nice if they offered a choice.

inline five
01-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Well, I guess we all like different stuff. It would be nice if they offered a choice.

Isn't the entire idea of a uniform to look...well...uniform?

You get a choice of DB jacket, leather jacket, rain jacket, or trench. There is also a sweater you can wear underneath.

Dashdog
01-22-2015, 04:29 AM
Isn't the entire idea of a uniform to look...well...uniform?

You get a choice of DB jacket, leather jacket, rain jacket, or trench. There is also a sweater you can wear underneath.

You're right, there are other choices besides wearing the blazer, and I suspect many people (including myself) will not wear it at all if they insist on it being DB.

Capt Hindsight
01-22-2015, 04:49 AM

Question about the leather jacket- Would you consider it to be of winter weight or more of a fall/spring use?

Thanks for the insight.

Capt H

nwa757
01-22-2015, 04:58 AM
Amazing what pilot's priorities are. This thread has been viewed 17,000+ times whereas a discussion about the bk contract we are locking ourselves into has a fractions of the reads.

The uniform is fine, it's sharp, chill everyone.

Spoiler
01-22-2015, 06:51 AM
DB makes people look fat
Unless you just stepped off the page of GQ it will make you look like a circus clown - I think it must be a union busting tactic by Glass to make us all look like clowns. We need bowties if this passes

Dashdog
01-22-2015, 07:48 AM
Amazing what pilot's priorities are. This thread has been viewed 17,000+ times whereas a discussion about the bk contract we are locking ourselves into has a fractions of the reads.

I guess we shouldn't discuss anything else then?

Predictably, those threads have mostly devolved into name calling and finger pointing. Not much useful info on them lately.

PRS Guitars
01-22-2015, 08:57 AM

There are over 20 threads dealing with the proposed contract, all with thousands of views.

Hueypilot
01-22-2015, 09:57 AM
No doubt. Jeez, can there at least be some place where we don't have to rehash all of that over and over again? Maybe we're concessionists too if we want to spend time emailing the company over that double-breasted abomination?

Anyway, I really hope they drop the DB jacket. I think it would look great otherwise...a simple fix. The Delta guys look like submarine commanders, not airline pilots. And I saw one guy on the crew van with his jacket unbuttoned...it looked like crap.

eaglefly
01-22-2015, 10:41 AM
You're right, there are other choices besides wearing the blazer, and I suspect many people (including myself) will not wear it at all if they insist on it being DB.

I'll probably just take it to a tailor and have him convert it to single-breasted configuration. ;)

Heretic666
01-22-2015, 10:58 AM
DB makes people look fat
Unless you just stepped off the page of GQ it will make you look like a circus clown - I think it must be a union busting tactic by Glass to make us all look like clowns. We need bowties if this passes
As a fatso, DB does not make you look fat. Fat makes you look fat. I'm working on it. That being said I agree with the clown aspect. Kind of like the leather jackets.

Hueypilot
01-22-2015, 11:14 AM
As a fatso, DB does not make you look fat. Fat makes you look fat. I'm working on it. That being said I agree with the clown aspect. Kind of like the leather jackets.

A better way to put it is a DB jacket doesn't hide the fat as well as a normal jacket does.

But it still does make you look like Sean Connery and Sam Neill in the Hunt for Red October movie.

inline five
01-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Question about the leather jacket- Would you consider it to be of winter weight or more of a fall/spring use?

Thanks for the insight.

Capt H

It's not a winter jacket. It does have insulation but not like the traditional bomber jacket does.

Personally I like it more like that. It becomes practical for a longer time period, and when combined with the sweater underneath it's very warm.

I always hated lugging my winter stuff to PHL to start a trip and over nighting in BOS with a blizzard and then PHX where it was 60*. This allows you to practically use it for both by bringing an easily packable sweater if you're the FO doing the walk-arounds. Also, when you get back in the plane and take your jacket off, I always am cold. Now I can just leave the sweater on if needed.

The jacket has no epaluett holders so you can wear it out on an overnight without looking like a tool.

The trench coat is a waste. Yes it's very warm but overly complicated.

I don't like the DAL uniforms either. But I do like our new ones. I do agree it would be interesting to see a non double breasted version just to compare. But I'm not totally against them as of now.

MarineGrunt
01-22-2015, 12:55 PM
For what it's worth, I did receive a reply from my email. It mentioned that they they have received numerous emails from pilots who don't like the current jacket. So they ARE taking input, whether they disregard it or not is another story. I'd encourage anyone who prefers the single breast jacket to send them an email. After reading my original email, I think I could have been a bit more tactful, so I'd encourage that as well. :cool:

Spoiler
01-22-2015, 01:10 PM
I received the same reply, doesn't mean they will change it but hey it can't hurt. Should have said you cannot cast a yes vote without their decision re the coats.

Spoiler
01-22-2015, 01:26 PM

Good luck with that. Body size is "largely" determined by heredity. Fight it all you like but you are not ONLY what eat. It's a lifelong battle but you don't have to look nearly as bad while waging it. Hate the leather too.
I will stay with the business suit with the nautical stripes.

MarineGrunt
01-22-2015, 01:37 PM
I received the same reply, doesn't mean they will change it but hey it can't hurt. Should have said you cannot cast a yes vote without their decision re the coats.

Told them we'd give them an extra 5 seats for a single breast jacket. 99 for no hat.....

Splash
01-22-2015, 02:39 PM

I like them.

So, your claim is incorrect.

inline five
01-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Good luck with that. Body size is "largely" determined by heredity. Fight it all you like but you are not ONLY what eat. It's a lifelong battle but you don't have to look nearly as bad while waging it. Hate the leather too.
I will stay with the business suit with the nautical stripes.

Jan 1 2014 I weighed 195 lbs.
Jan 1 2015 I weighed 165 lbs.

Can do 3 miles in <22:30.

Father weighs 280 and is 5'7". Massive overweight. I'm successfully fighting it.

It's about caloric intake vs. burn. You burn more than you eat and you lose weight. Simple physics.

Good luck, from a fellow fatso...I know it's hard...I've been there.

inline five
01-22-2015, 05:22 PM
I like them.

So, your claim is incorrect.

I would encourage those who do like it to email in as well. You don't want the vocal minority (of anything) to effect the change on all of us.

Splash
01-23-2015, 04:11 AM
I would encourage those who do like it to email in as well. You don't want the vocal minority (of anything) to effect the change on all of us.

I'm a Delta pilot, and really don't care which uniform American wears. I was merely invalidating PD's claim that pilots don't like the uniform.
If you stay reasonably fit, and buy a properly-fitting uniform, you look good. The double-breasted style was worn by all airline pilots back in the 30's.

I understand uniforms and hats are hot-button issues to many. My plan is to focus on the things that matter. Uniform style, hats, company logos, and aircraft livery are not things that matter to me.

Old84ag
01-23-2015, 09:59 AM
I'm a Delta pilot, and really don't care which uniform American wears. I was merely invalidating PD's claim that pilots don't like the uniform.
If you stay reasonably fit, and buy a properly-fitting uniform, you look good. The double-breasted style was worn by all airline pilots back in the 30's.

So does that mean we are 15 years ahead of our time?
I'll dig out grandpa's fedora!

Splash
01-23-2015, 10:46 AM
So does that mean we are 15 years ahead of our time?
I'll dig out grandpa's fedora!

If they made us wear cargo shorts and fedoras, a bunch of us would object. I see SWA pilots wearing hats in their TV spots, but never at the airport. The big mucky-mucks are responsible for the airline's image. We're responsible for our profession's image.

eaglefly
01-23-2015, 12:12 PM

It sounds as though you believe those that not think like you are the minority. How do you know that those who dislike X regarding the uniform are the "vocal minority" ?

Grumpyaviator
01-24-2015, 08:00 AM

Thanks for the insight.

Capt H

Members Only surplus.