Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : PPL Funding

cstin0416
12-04-2014, 12:08 PM
My name is Clint. I'm an aspiring pilot in training. I assure you I am not a scammer or have any dishonorable intentions. I'm merely seeking assistance.

thanks in advance,
Clint

Learning to Fly: Private Pilot by Clint Stinnett - GoFundMe (http://www.gofundme.com/Clint_Stinnett)

Herik54555
12-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Ever heard of the gi bill???

rev4life03
12-04-2014, 01:56 PM
You have 17 years in the army? Why not just use the gi bill?

kingsnake2
12-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Ever heard of the gi bill???

You have 17 years in the army? Why not just use the gi bill?

If you go through a flight school I don't believe the GI bill will cover private pilot.

Herik54555
12-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Ok true..unless it's tied to a degree, then it's covered. My other question is after 17 years in the military you can't afford to get your ppl? Sounds like a scam....

ajcucinella
12-04-2014, 03:09 PM
In the past, the GI Bill would only provide a certain amount towards flight training; however, now you can complete all the training as long as the flight school has a degree program. I'm currently at UND Aerospace using my GI BILL. The GI BILL pays for exactly what the flight school says it would cost an "average" student. So in other words, if you happen to finish early there is no advantage and if you need more time, then it would be out of your pocket.

Best of luck,
Anthony.

Jato
12-04-2014, 06:37 PM
In the past, the GI Bill would only provide a certain amount towards flight training; however, now you can complete all the training as long as the flight school has a degree program. I'm currently at UND Aerospace using my GI BILL. The GI BILL pays for exactly what the flight school says it would cost an "average" student. So in other words, if you happen to finish early there is no advantage and if you need more time, then it would be out of your pocket.

Best of luck,
Anthony.

Yep, it has to be part of the degree program to get paid for. Also 141 approved, and approved by the VA,

Good luck!

Voski
12-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Is said flight school that went out of business called "Professional Aeronautics Academy" located out of Hopkinsville, KY?

ajcucinella
12-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Yep, it has to be part of the degree program to get paid for. Also 141 approved, and approved by the VA,

Good luck!

Very true, It is very important that the school is VA certified. I forgot the website; however, there is a website out there that lists all certified flight schools in whatever selected states you are looking for.

satpak77
12-06-2014, 09:12 AM
OP

why would a bunch of also-broke/financially challenged pilots fund your training ?

uh.....???

nimdabew
12-06-2014, 10:03 AM
OP

why would a bunch of also-broke/financially challenged pilots fund your training ?

uh.....???

OP: if I posted a link to a forum, and said donate to my cause, would you donate?

TOGA9
12-19-2014, 05:46 AM
Modern day panhandling, all the reward and zero risk!

Sent from my iPad using ACARS