Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Cheapest ATP

pattupilot
12-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi all,

This has probably been discussed several times before, but I could not find any updated info.

I am looking at doing my ATP check ride. Written exam is done. I am planning a trip all the way to USA where my ticket alone will cost more than 1500usd ,hence I am looking at the cheapest school.

I would highly appreciate if anyone could help me out finding the cheapest way of doing my ATP.

Many thanks.

RedmannK
01-14-2015, 10:02 AM
I know this post was old, but just wanted to say that I completed my ATP with Sky Warrior in Pensacola, Florida last month. 850-433-6115, Contact Us | Sky Warrior, Inc. (http://www.skywarriorinc.com/contact.htm)
I was looking to get my training completed as quickly as possible. When the Aero Club aircraft broke, I called around until I found Sky Warrior and they could get me done that next week. Three flights and a check for 5.0 - $1655, then $500 to the examiner and pay for the flight portion. All told, I think I spent between $2500-2600. In actuality, I only needed 4.2 hours of instruction in the Cherokee, so it was cheaper. Really enjoyed instruction from Will, but all the other guys were good as well. Good luck!
Cheers,
Kerry
4300+ MC130