Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

7 Seconds
12-31-2014, 07:07 AM
Does anyone have any experience as an instructor at either of these two programs? If so, do you know if they are hiring CFIs, and who the appropriate contact person would be? Thanks in advance.

The Juice
12-31-2014, 11:53 AM
You have to go to OSU. That way when you interview with an airline you can say that you went to "THE" Ohio State University

Cbusbased
12-31-2014, 01:12 PM
I went to tOSU, graduated in 2010. Of course things can change, but when I was there, they didnt hire outside cfis.

Cbusbased
12-31-2014, 01:13 PM
We say "The" for a reason. It is actually part of the naming of the university to differentiate it from Ohio University.

The Juice
12-31-2014, 02:52 PM
We say "The" for a reason. It is actually part of the naming of the university to differentiate it from Ohio University.

Or the fact that one has the word "State" in it??

I think the "The" is funny and often wrongly trying to be copied by every other college when watching player introductions in the NFL. Kind of like how Miami is the only one that can call themselves "The U"

Cbusbased
12-31-2014, 03:03 PM
Hahahahaha I was actually mistaken. It wasn't used to differentiate OSU from OU, but Ohio State (OSU) from Oregon State (OSU) and Oklahoma State (OSU). Every university tries to find a way to stand out. It seems as of late that most big colleges are becoming more commercialized and more focused on raising their endowment than providing people with a solid education.

awax
12-31-2014, 04:45 PM
You have to go to OSU. That way when you interview with an airline you can say that you went to "THE" Ohio State University

Hingle McCringleberry, is that you?

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPDorMkCAAAQC8_.jpg

tomgoodman
12-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Back when I used them, military approach plates were listed by airport name instead of city, so KATL could be found under the letter "T", for "The William B. Hartsfield International Airport". :D

Cbusbased
01-01-2015, 06:26 AM
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Juice

Hingle McCringleberry, is that you?

You win :D

thegoblin
01-02-2015, 05:44 PM
They are hiring outside CFI's now.

NEDude
01-02-2015, 06:21 PM

I think the "The" is funny and often wrongly trying to be copied by every other college when watching player introductions in the NFL. Kind of like how Miami is the only one that can call themselves "The U"

Never mind that the University of Utah has been known as "The U" since before the University of Miami was even founded.

Flightcap
01-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Check your PMs.

The Juice
01-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Juice

Never mind that the University of Utah has been known as "The U" since before the University of Miami was even founded.

Haha, maybe for those of you in Utah. The rest of us on planet "real beer" know better.

Vito
01-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Have you considered Kent State in Ohio. My son's in the aviation program there and there is a need for CFI's and they hire from the outside from what my son tells me. A very good program and I shopped around before I chose it for him. I wanted him to learn in challenging weather. Ohio University had a beautiful facility and airport but came across as amateurish, and not real professional after we visited. We didn't visit Ohio State but their planes fly into Kent's airport a lot.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1