Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pilot2015
01-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Looking for a cheap place to get my MEI , I have my single CFII and a few hundred hours in a multi.

thanks.

threeighteen
01-06-2015, 09:00 PM
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/flight-schools-training/83318-145-hr-wet-twin-apache-hln-no-joke.html

The Juice
01-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Curious, but do you need your CFI?

I have no idea what your situation is but if your goal/desire is the airlines, an MEI is kind of a waste of money once you have 100 hours multi. Granted, have no idea if this is your desire, but have seen many guys waste $4-5 grand on a MEI and never needed it to get a job

Pirot
01-08-2015, 09:53 AM
After 15 years of flying it occurred to me a good job with government benefits would be working for the FAA. I have a multi engine ATP and CFI, CFII. The FAA wants CFI, CFII and MEI. I was a trainer in a Part 135 job I had 6 years ago in twin Cessnas, but I didn't need an MEI for that job. I won't spend any money on getting that rating since I don't want to work as a multi engine instructor.