Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Skywest signing bonus

Blackwing
01-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Heard a rumor that Skywest will be offering a $5k signing bonus for current/typed CRJ drivers shortly.

Also heard Camielle is no longer in charge of hiring.

E6-B
01-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Heard a rumor that Skywest will be offering a $5k signing bonus for current/typed CRJ drivers shortly.

First part I don't know about. Second part is true.

SongMan
01-25-2015, 08:09 PM
CRJ Typed? So not for 1500 hr CFI applying?

Blackwing
01-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Current and qualified in the CRJ is what I heard.

Da40Pilot
01-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Current and qualified in the CRJ is what I heard.

LOL. Regionals stealing talent from other regionals? You don't say! I agree, it should be $5k for CFIs too. They deserve something for putting up with all the new rules...

Blackwing
01-25-2015, 08:26 PM
Guys already typed aren't as big of a training risk.

Da40Pilot
01-25-2015, 08:28 PM
^At some point, everyone was.

Pilottim79
01-25-2015, 08:29 PM
So who pry tell is currently rated in a CRJ would be starting over at FO? Just curious.

AZpilot
01-25-2015, 08:32 PM
So who pry tell is currently rated in a CRJ would be starting over at FO? Just curious.

Dudes at endeavor, envoy etc

Concorde001
01-25-2015, 08:47 PM

Weird, why only offer a bonus to CRJ typed pilots only? Why would someone give up seniority somewhere to start at the bottom of a 3000 pilot list for $5000? Makes no sense!
They should offer it to all applicants not only to potential CRJ pilots they could steal from other regionals.

Blackwing
01-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Maybe the fact that they aren't is trying to tell you something...?

SongMan
01-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Last time I checked they rejected more than 50% of the applicants in the Sim alone...wouldn't they have more success filling class if they got rid of the Sim than say...offering $5K?

FaceBiter
01-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Last time I checked they rejected more than 50% of the applicants in the Sim alone...wouldn't they have more success filling class if they got rid of the Sim than say...offering $5K?

Yeah, because hiring CFI's who can't fly basic IFR is the solution.

SongMan
01-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah, because hiring CFI's who can't fly basic IFR is the solution.

I see more Airline guys in my neck of woods who can not fly "basic IFR" in Frasca 142. YMMV.

FaceBiter
01-25-2015, 09:48 PM
Any CFI type who is unable to pass the SkyWest SIM shouldn't be instrument rated much less a CFII, much much less an airline pilot.

You just intercept random airline pilots at the airport toss them into a Frasca for an impromptu PC?

SongMan
01-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Any CFI type who is unable to pass the SkyWest SIM shouldn't be instrument rated much less a CFII, much much less an airline pilot.

How about the airline pilots who can not pass SkyWest SIM? I have personally spoken to and heard of many who didn't. Should they get their Instrument rating revoked?

FaceBiter
01-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Yes.

It's pretty sad actually.

If you cannot figure out an unpublished hold, fly a full ILS to a missed (full panel) and not allow yourself to be vectored into a mountain you should not be instrument rated.

Flycameron
01-25-2015, 10:05 PM

Last I heard they were not going to offer any kind of signing bonus but instead offer a referral bonus. Camielle is in fact no longer in charge of hiring.

FaceBiter
01-25-2015, 10:06 PM
LOL. Regionals stealing talent from other regionals? You don't say! I agree, it should be $5k for CFIs too. They deserve something for putting up with all the new rules...

Deserve something? Elohel. CFI's can get hired with a phone call. You're not a doctor, you're someone who received training that could be completed in 6 months and did pattern work and practice approaches for 1200 hours over the next two years. Get a grip. The reason these rules exist is because people even worse off (arguable) than those hired now were sitting in pilot seats that had no business being there. 1,500 hours is nothing.

spaaks
01-25-2015, 10:50 PM
This would go along with the rumor stated somewhere else that they are trying to get a short course approved

Da40Pilot
01-25-2015, 11:38 PM
You're someone who received training that could be completed in 6 months and did pattern work and practice approaches for 1200 hours over the next two years. Get a grip.

LOL. This guy again. Get off your high horse and go get your CFI ratings first so you know what you're talking about. Nobody here likes you. I am new here and I can already tell.

terryhflyer
01-26-2015, 12:32 AM

You just intercept random airline pilots at the airport toss them into a Frasca for an impromptu PC?

All hail to the all powerful FaceBitter who is lord of the Frasca. I failed the Skywest sim and proud of it.

Dude Abides
01-26-2015, 12:43 AM
All hail to the all powerful FaceBitter who is lord of the Frasca. I failed the Skywest sim and proud of it.

I failed it too. Then I went and flew cargo out of Denver for a year. Geez, I'm lucky to be alive. :rolleyes:

tom11011
01-26-2015, 05:32 AM

The only way I see this working is if someone wants to move to the west coast. Otherwise why get in line again just to sit FO for 3 more years.

Now the airlines aren't even being coy about it, they'll give you money to leave your current carrier if you are typed and current.

slough
01-26-2015, 05:52 AM
The only way I see this working is if someone wants to move to the west coast. Otherwise why get in line again just to sit FO for 3 more years.

Now the airlines aren't even being coy about it, they'll give you money to leave your current carrier if you are typed and current.

Seems like it will be at least 4+ years in the right seat, even with the current movement.

FaceBiter
01-26-2015, 05:52 AM
LOL. This guy again. Get off your high horse and go get your CFI ratings first so you know what you're talking about. Nobody here likes you. I am new here and I can already tell.

It's a CFI 'certificate' and you must be high on glue to think you're entitled to $5k just because you can do steep turns in a DA40.

rickair7777
01-26-2015, 06:01 AM
Deserve something? Elohel. CFI's can get hired with a phone call. You're not a doctor, you're someone who received training that could be completed in 6 months and did pattern work and practice approaches for 1200 hours over the next two years. Get a grip. The reason these rules exist is because people even worse off (arguable) than those hired now were sitting in pilot seats that had no business being there. 1,500 hours is nothing.

No kidding. 1500-2500 was the typical competitive mins for commuters/regionals for a very long time. The interview sim is not really that bad at all if you're currently flying steam gauges (ex. amflight, lakes). If you're flying glass, or instructing and not flying much, a little sim prep (or MS flight sim) should get you up to speed easily. Instructing, even CFII, is NOT the same as flying the plane yourself.

But on the off chance that SKW offers bonuses, it will likely be to put pressure on bottom-feeder competitors. They are also looking into a very abbreviated training course for new-hires who are already typed (and current?)...this would make it easier for junior FO's at other carriers to transition without wasting a couple months in training.

$5K isn't much if it causes a competitor to be under-staffed, cancel flights, and maybe lose some flying.

Squallrider
01-26-2015, 06:17 AM
This has been a rumor for a while, it stemmed from SkyWest trying/getting approval to do an abbreviated course for people with a type rating. Obviously SkyWest saves money on the type and transfers it to the new hire. The bonus is designed to make the first year pay more bearable by effectively increasing a line holders pay by $5 a hour (90 hours a month for a year / 5000).

Theres not many CFIs to be had, there are more people that have gone through airline training and wanting to make a leap from their current carrier for whatever reason.

ClickClickBoom
01-26-2015, 06:18 AM
I failed it too. Then I went and flew cargo out of Denver for a year. Geez, I'm lucky to be alive. :rolleyes:
Bet you are a better pilot, after that experience.

Da40Pilot
01-26-2015, 06:27 AM
No kidding. 1500-2500 was the typical competitive mins for commuters/regionals for a very long time.

....a VERY long time ago. The CFI who got me through my solo got hired at Skywest in 2006 with 650 hours and is now a Captain. He only instructed for a few months. He did pass the training, and that's what matters. You're there to learn and you learn quick. Europe puts you in the right seat of a 737 at 250 hours and so does South America. Undermining CFIs is pretty low. Everyone has to start somewhere.

FaceBiter
01-26-2015, 06:37 AM
I'm not undermining CFI's Mr. Gold Seal, but thinking since you survived flight instruction (let's face it how many hours have YOU actually been manipulating the controls) it entitles you to $5k and a jet job is pretty entertaining. Especially when you read others complain on here about an FTD eval that every instrument rated pilot should easily pass.

Bartok
01-26-2015, 06:42 AM

9E guys are going to places with very quick upgrades not Skywest.

I doubt 5 grand to go to Skywest will sway any of them, especially since Delta just threw a possible extra $80,000 at them.

CBreezy
01-26-2015, 06:47 AM
....a VERY long time ago. The CFI who got me through my solo got hired at Skywest in 2006 with 650 hours and is now a Captain. He only instructed for a few months. He did pass the training, and that's what matters. You're there to learn and you learn quick. Europe puts you in the right seat of a 737 at 250 hours and so does South America. Undermining CFIs is pretty low. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Then go get your JAA ATPL. It'll only cost you several thousands of dollars and a ton of studying. They require levels of magnitudes greater knowledge of their ATPL candidates than most 10 year Captains in our airlines have.

No one is undermining CFIs. Fact is, that 1500 hours isn't a lot of experience and doesn't give you a golden ticket to flying families through the mountains in near zero visibility conditions. Additionally, you aren't paying for your training, the airline is. They aren't going to invest tens of thousands of dollars "giving you a shot" to pass their training. Most people fail out of training because they can't fly instruments. If, by sim 3, you can't fly a SE ILS within PTS with very little issues, you are behind.

Da40Pilot
01-26-2015, 06:58 AM
I'm not undermining CFI's Mr. Gold Seal, but thinking since you survived flight instruction (let's face it how many hours have YOU actually been manipulating the controls) it entitles you to $5k and a jet job is pretty entertaining. Especially when you read others complain on here about an FTD eval that every instrument rated pilot should easily pass.

You still don't get it. CFI or C-130 pilot, makes no difference, this is about supplementing a ****ty first year income.

ClickClickBoom
01-26-2015, 07:04 AM
You still don't get it. CFI or C-130 pilot, makes no difference, this is about supplementing a ****ty first year income.

Apply, take the sim, come fly the line. Anything less than that is just barking at the moon. If you apply, and they don't call, look in the mirror. Right now, if you can fog a mirror, and not pi$$ the interviewer off, it's class time!

CBreezy
01-26-2015, 07:16 AM

Listen Clown. We all get first year pay.

So, you're upset that a company is rewarding previous experience in an aircraft they already can fly? This is exactly what should be encouraged but you want yours too. Everyone here complains that the industry doesn't compensate according to experience like every other industry. When a company does do that, even though it truly is completely insignificant, the guys who haven't ever flown 121 complain that it's not fair.

Da40Pilot
01-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Fact is, that 1500 hours isn't a lot of experience and doesn't give you a golden ticket to flying families through the mountains in near zero visibility conditions..

I completely agree with you. Same goes for the 20 year old kid who passed the dozen JAA writtens and flight tests and was put on the right seat of a 737. Same goes for the CFI here in the US that gets put on the right seat of a CRJ200, but he/she starts picking up some valuable lessons and experience learning from the right seat. Flying freight runs between 3 points for a year or two, or keeping yourself from getting spun or killed by overconfident students, albeit different, both have their individual challenges.

Most people fail out of training because they can't fly instruments.

That's on the pilot. If he/she didn't care to get current or invest some time in brushing up on those skills, then they shouldn't be going to an interview at all.

Da40Pilot
01-26-2015, 07:24 AM
So, you're upset that a company is rewarding previous experience in an aircraft they already can fly?

Not at all. I'm arguing that everyone should be entitled to a hiring bonus if they chose to take the regional path because the pay is ****ty, the contracts are so so and it would help to supplement first year income. Any other interpretations are your own.

CBreezy
01-26-2015, 07:33 AM
Not at all. I'm arguing that everyone should be entitled to a hiring bonus if they chose to take the regional path because the pay is ****ty, the contracts are so so and it would help to supplement first year income. Any other interpretations are your own.

Then vote with your feet. There are plenty of airlines offering bonuses to everyone. Hiring bonuses aren't "good will" offerings by the airlines. They are only doing it to target a specific candidate. You aren't that candidate. Sorry if that doesn't make you feel special.

Utah
01-26-2015, 07:34 AM
Your CFI didn't get hired here at 650 hours.

Da40Pilot
01-26-2015, 07:37 AM
Then vote with your feet. There are plenty of airlines offering bonuses to everyone. Hiring bonuses aren't "good will" offerings by the airlines. They are only doing it to target a specific candidate. You aren't that candidate. Sorry if that doesn't make you feel special.

I thought the biggest reason why most were offering hiring bonuses is because they can't attract pilots. And I am so not worried about being special - but I promise you one day when I grow up, I am going to be just like you...

ClickClickBoom
01-26-2015, 07:46 AM
I thought the biggest reason why most were offering hiring bonuses is because they can't attract pilots. And I am so not worried about being special - but I promise you one day when I grow up, I am going to be just like you...
You are indeed "special", just ask your mom. Skywest has been a day late and a dollar short for awhile now. 7-8 year upgrade, no contract, and reserve rules that era back to the dark ages vs which ever regional that has a quick upgrade and 20K signing bonus . Means we are gonna feel the pain, sooner rather than later. Heard the story of a senior EMB120 Captain with a few years left to 65, was handing his resignation letter in to his chief who asked him to reconsider and stay for the transition. Bottom line, Skywest cannot afford to lose one single pilot Jr or Sr.

rickair7777
01-26-2015, 07:47 AM

Not undermining, just putting things in context when CFI's whine about having to get 1500 hours. Once they get there, they have their choice of regionals. Historically 1500 was the earliest you *might* get a call, and even then you'd be waiting many months for a class date. Things are still better now than they were for most of the civilian track pilots in the past.

And SKW was not hiring 650 hour pilots in 2006 (unless maybe they were a close relative of somebody in SGU).

DroopsN10
01-26-2015, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=

Not at all. I'm arguing that everyone should be entitled to a hiring bonus if they chose to take the regional path because the pay is ****ty, the contracts are so so and it would help to supplement first year income. Any other interpretations are your own.[/QUOTE]

It's people like you who think you're hot stuff thinking you're risking your life every day to fly with students. If you were worth a dang instructing instead of just trying to get by then you shouldn't be worried about someone killing you. You all (just meet min cfi's) think you're entitled to a huge bonus and people to bow down to you because you're willing to work for them. You're not. We all start at first year pay and deal with it. Someone like you should be weeded out during the interview process here and head over to Republic, TSA, or ev for a bonus. Seriously. Quit whining about deserving more.

word302
01-26-2015, 08:11 AM
It's people like you who think you're hot stuff thinking you're risking your life every day to fly with students. If you were worth a dang instructing instead of just trying to get by then you shouldn't be worried about someone killing you. You all (just meet min cfi's) think you're entitled to a huge bonus and people to bow down to you because you're willing to work for them. You're not. We all start at first year pay and deal with it. Someone like you should be weeded out during the interview process here and head over to Republic, TSA, or ev for a bonus. Seriously. Quit whining about deserving more.

Hey now. Let's not lump all us guys who got hired with the mins into one group. I knew full well what I was getting into and prepared financially for first year pay. Not to say I'm not counting down the days to my anniversary, but not all of us are 20-somethings who feel like everyone owes us.

Flycameron
01-26-2015, 08:15 AM
The signing bonus has been canned. I talked to the man in charge last week and he said that they have opted to not do a bonus for now and instead are going to offer a referral bonus. He wouldn't say how much the referral bonus would be but did say that no new hire bonus will be offered for now. They also do have a shorter approved training set up with the FAA but since we don't really have a ton of 121 guys being hired we don't use it. If they did offer $5,000 to any prior RJ pilots then the training footprint is shortened substantially and would save the company over $5,000 so they would just be passing the savings on to the new hire if they gave them the $5,000. A cfi would not get the shrortened training and would actually cost more to train so I can see them not offering it to a cfi because they cost more. Again I can tell you from the man in charge THEIR IS NO SIGNING BONUS BEING OFFERED AS OF LAST WEEK! They will offer a referral bonus.

tom11011
01-26-2015, 08:21 AM
I didn't realize there were so many super pilots in this thread wow. I especially liked the one about the guy who puts his life on the line everyday to fly with students, well done sir.

saturn
01-26-2015, 08:23 AM
I taught the SkyWest interview prep for the Frasca 142. It is garbage and it should be done away with. The best way of knowing who will be succesful is who had experience in a frasca sim, not so much as an IFR experienced aviator. The sim is so pitch sensitive, you can hardly brief an approach or tune a radio. Guys fail for leveling, triming, looking away at a chart for 1 second and it just decided to pitch 10 degrees down. A lot of good pilots fail because they don't know what to expect with that unrealistic kooky sim. The retardation of that sim gave me a job as a prep instructor.

Sim checks are great, but they should get a redbird.

DroopsN10
01-26-2015, 08:40 AM

Hey now. Let's not lump all us guys who got hired with the mins into one group. I knew full well what I was getting into and prepared financially for first year pay. Not to say I'm not counting down the days to my anniversary, but not all of us are 20-somethings who feel like everyone owes us.

hey 302 that was mostly directed at Da40 pilot who I'm guessing is a young gun da40 pilot with a tomcat patch on his jacket.. I know there are a lot good folks who just got hired with the mins who do deserve to be here that aren't only looking for the money! I hit 2nd year tomorrow myself, you should be counting down man! 👍

deltajuliet
01-26-2015, 08:45 AM

I'm not making any statement about what's deserved, but I will say that where I instructed was some of the busiest GA airspace in the world. Every year saw one or two midairs and their resulting fatalities. My least favorite part of the job was the nearby uncontrolled airports where Grandpas flew their Piper Cubs and had zero understanding of a basic traffic pattern. Radios were optional to these guys.

Closest call I ever had was one of those clowns flying under me at a 90 degree angle from my student's side; he was a wing span away. Never made a radio call.

It wasn't my students I was afraid of.

tinman1
01-26-2015, 08:50 AM
While I don't care for DA40pilot's attitude, if more young CFIs were willing to hold out and not run to the first airline that hires them the day after they meet the mins then we might see some progress on raising the bar in terms of pay, specifically first year pay. I'm not defending this guy but let's cut him some slack for christ's sake. I don't think that this is necessarily entitlement either. Let's put the past behind us for a second and forget about the way things used to be in the regional world. Entitlement is graduating from college and wanting an $80k/year job with weekends off. Most CFI types instruct for 2-3 years after college to get the mins. I'm not saying they're "all that" because as they will learn firsthand that 121 training can be a very humbling experience during your first rodeo. But there is nothing wrong with wanting to make enough to pay the bills and put a roof over your head. And you cannot reasonably do that on less than $30k/year.

Come on guys, I see a lot of the same usernames in this thread posting over in the Mesa/GoJet/RAH threads, scolding other regional candidates for wanting to work there and chastising them for lowering the bar for everyone else. Now all of you are getting riled up because someone is trying to raise the bar and demand more for first year pay. Seriously, think about the message you're sending.

Da40Pilot
01-26-2015, 09:15 AM
While I don't care for DA40pilot's attitude, if more young CFIs were willing to hold out and not run to the first airline that hires them the day after they meet the mins then we might see some progress on raising the bar in terms of pay, specifically first year pay. I'm not defending this guy but let's cut him some slack for christ's sake. I don't think that this is necessarily entitlement either. Let's put the past behind us for a second and forget about the way things used to be in the regional world. Entitlement is graduating from college and wanting an $80k/year job with weekends off. Most CFI types instruct for 2-3 years after college to get the mins. I'm not saying they're "all that" because as they will learn firsthand that 121 training can be a very humbling experience during your first rodeo. But there is nothing wrong with wanting to make enough to pay the bills and put a roof over your head. And you cannot reasonably do that on less than $30k/year.

Come on guys, I see a lot of the same usernames in this thread posting over in the Mesa/GoJet/RAH threads, scolding other regional candidates for wanting to work there and chastising them for lowering the bar for everyone else. Now all of you are getting riled up because someone is trying to raise the bar and demand more for first year pay. Seriously, think about the message you're sending.

My immature attitude in some threads was directed to those who were ganging up on CFIs with a condescending attitude making us feel like we were worth less because we didn't have their experience - when the issue at hand, and I said it from the beginning, had nothing to do with entitlement, or experience, it had to do with me as an upcoming regional airline pilot feeling like I too, had the right to a sign on bonus from any regional, NOT because of my "lack of experience", but because I have a family I'd love to feed on a below than average wage. That is all.

I have never had a student try to kill me, and I do not consider myself a super pilot at all...I was merely using two extremes from those two sides.

I have absolutely no sense of entitlement besides trying to make it through first year....and I am not in my twenties, I am in my 30s....so living with the parents is not something the wife and I are up to at this stage....

lgaflyer
01-26-2015, 09:27 AM

Why do you need luck to stay alive? I know human lives might not be at stake, but if I pay to ship a box from A to B, I expect my box to get there, and not crashed and burned in a swamp somewhere

Check Complete
01-26-2015, 09:34 AM
I haven't heard anything about a signing bonus, however, we are hurting for pilots so who knows?

I also heard they have done away with the sim portion for the interview, which I also heard is why Camielle is gone. She insisted on it and the top dog said no, that's the way it goes.

We do have a short course for those already typed, it's basically the upgrade curriculum with a week of intro.

But the only reason why SkyWest or any other airline for that matter, offer a signing bonus is so they don't have to go and negotiate a raise for the rest of the pilot group. Once your on the property and in the seat, management could give a s__t about you.

BTW we have the worst reserve rules in the industry.

kfahmi
01-26-2015, 09:35 AM
In my interview group of 6, 4 of us were asked to do the sim. (I was excused from it.) All 4 busted the Frasca and were sent home. I got a chance to observe that steam-powered piece of junk, and I have to say, there've got to be better sims with which to judge someone's instrument proficiency. As others have said, it's ludicrously pitch-sensitive...it's extremely, extremely difficult to divert your attention away from the panel for more than a second or two, without the sim going on its own unplanned pitch excursion. I did 10 hrs of Frasca prep in advance of the interview, and it was an irritating experience.

I second the other comment about getting a Redbird or something similar. Anything but that wheezy Frasca.

trip
01-26-2015, 09:47 AM
I flew the Frasca years ago at my interview. I seriously was wondering if it was turned on because I was running out of things to do and had time on my hands.
I did have current experience, I had been flying a J31 jet stream steam gauges with no auto or yaw dampers all winter. I will probably never be that good at flying instruments again.

ClickClickBoom
01-26-2015, 11:05 AM
My immature attitude in some threads was directed to those who were ganging up on CFIs with a condescending attitude making us feel like we were worth less because we didn't have their experience - when the issue at hand.
Your immature attitude is that, yours. CFIs don't get the cash, for one reason and one reason only, they don't have any 121 CRJ time nor type for said airframe. There are plenty of guys with the CFI and 121 CRJ experience who will get the nod. You don't deserve anything, gotta earn it, you deserve your moms love, but that ain't the airline business. Want the job, earn it.

8ballfreight
01-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Back to the point:
I think this 5k rumor is great. Not for the 5k, but for the slow realization they will experience in sgu. You Don't know the value of something until price it and send it out to the market.

StuckMike
01-26-2015, 12:17 PM
SkyWest is still able to attract a lot of pilots, even in this race-to-the-quickest-upgrade environment. Heard from the man who would know that there were 50+ Jan new hires, and they already have 40 lined up for Feb with 4 weeks of recruiting still to go.

The upgrade is coming down, should see 3 ish year upgrades if they can renew some of the contracts that are expiring, and even quicker if they can win new contracts. Their biggest need is pilots, they have the opportunities.

We are minimally staffed and they want to become adequately staffed before accepting more flying. SEA is growing, 7-8 months for the most JR CRJ 700/900 FO. So depending on where one lives and what one is looking for, SkyWest, according to the hiring numbers, is still appealing to many even without a $5,000 bonus.

I chose to stay here and not chase the fastest current upgrade because I do think that SkyWest can still be a good place to be for many years.

8ballfreight
01-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Did you just infer that sgu turned down flying-didnt bid/lost those recent plane placements because they want more pilots in reserve first?

disillusioned
01-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Did you just infer that sgu turned down flying-didnt bid/lost those recent plane placements because they want more pilots in reserve first?

Rumor is they are realizing that you can't just keep adding hours if you don't have enough staff to fly them. Dec numbers hurt and I think it was because our reserve levels are so low, and if pilots can't drop a trip, they will just call in.

Lots of United flying expiring this year. Some will move from 700/900 to ERJ, some we will lose. But the overall feeling is that we will not do flying for free. If we lose it and someone else can't fly it, we will work to be ready to fly it for a premium price.

Now if they can hire enough to keep up with attrition and any new flying available remains to be seen. I still think we have to address where we are inefficient in our utilization, and it sounds like SGU is looking into some things. Time will tell.

BigBeard
01-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Camielle is in fact no longer in charge of hiring.

Is this why they're taking two weeks to get back to interviewees on whether or not they got the job?

Caution Terrain
01-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Three weeks + here

Paid2fly
01-26-2015, 06:11 PM
Is this why they're taking two weeks to get back to interviewees on whether or not they got the job?

More likely than not.

Is offline
01-26-2015, 06:34 PM
I had a friend interview about two weeks ago and they let him know within 2 days. If it were me I'd be checking in with someone after a week, but I've been known to be impatient.

BigBeard
01-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Three weeks + here

Oh..

I'll go ahead and not expect a call anytime soon, then.

BeechedJet
01-26-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm a CRJ driver for a Skywest Inc. company, can I have some money too? We can negotiate, maybe trade the 5k bonus for M&Ms to be put back in the first class basket?

Da40Pilot
01-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Oh..

I'll go ahead and not expect a call anytime soon, then.

He should at least have gotten a "Thanks but no thanks E-mail". What was their feedback the day you interviewed?

FaceBiter
01-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Three weeks + here

Did they quote you guys a timeframe? I know quite a few people who were told 10 business days and sent a quick note after it was up and received the welcome email a few hours later.

Caution Terrain
01-27-2015, 08:02 AM
Yes, they said within two weeks. They said to go home and check your email like ery day and spam folder too!? Get ready for the 26 Jan class, they said.

So I did.

I'd be super worried but I know a few of us are in this boat.

FaceBiter
01-27-2015, 08:13 AM
I'd email BB if it's been more than two weeks.

Caution Terrain
01-27-2015, 08:16 AM
I've been in touch with them. Last word I got on Thursday was "the director" will contact me with his decision sometime this coming week.

Flip69
01-27-2015, 08:35 AM
I've been in touch with them. Last word I got on Thursday was "the director" will contact me with his decision sometime this coming week.

They fired the hiring manager so the place is probably having issues right now

JetRage
01-27-2015, 09:22 AM
The Main page shows that upgrade times at SkyWest are at 7ish years right now?!? Is that really the case?

If so what evidence is there that upgrade times will come down to 3 years?

AZFlyn1
01-27-2015, 10:10 AM
The Main page shows that upgrade times at SkyWest are at 7ish years right now?!? Is that really the case?

I'm not sure what a new hire can expect, but I will be here 4 yrs in a couple months and I should be less than a year from upgrade...I think it's definitely coming down, but as usual, anything can and will change!

deltajuliet
01-27-2015, 10:39 AM

I don't know SkyWest's specific history, but the case for many of the regionals was this: following the 2008 recession, they stopped hiring and didn't begin again until 2011-2013. That means there is a several year gap in date of hire at some point in the seniority list.

Once the last guy who got hired before the recession in 2008 upgrades, let's say next year (8 year upgrade), the next guy in line is, say, a 2012 hire, and suddenly it's a 4-year upgrade.

Obviously it's a case by case basis with each regional and details vary accordingly. Also, growth or a lack thereof affects upgrade time. But that's the gist of how it can come down quickly.

skypilot35
01-27-2015, 04:50 PM
I don't know SkyWest's specific history, but the case for many of the regionals was this: following the 2008 recession, they stopped hiring and didn't begin again until 2011-2013. That means there is a several year gap in date of hire at some point in the seniority list.

Once the last guy who got hired before the recession in 2008 upgrades, let's say next year (8 year upgrade), the next guy in line is, say, a 2012 hire, and suddenly it's a 4-year upgrade.

Obviously it's a case by case basis with each regional and details vary accordingly. Also, growth or a lack thereof affects upgrade time. But that's the gist of how it can come down quickly.

Same at Skywest. Should be getting to the 4-5 year upgrade in the near future...provided we are able to keep contracts and get some renewals.

disillusioned
01-28-2015, 07:03 AM
Same at Skywest. Should be getting to the 4-5 year upgrade in the near future...provided we are able to keep contracts and get some renewals.

People keep saying this but I don't think it is a close as everyone says. Most Jr CA in the last award was hired 12/31/08 so that is a six year upgrade. However, a bulk of the class was 11/07 hires (7 year upgrade) We have around 110 EMB CA to move over, plus 435 FO's that are above the most Jr CA.

That would mean around 6 months to just transition all the EMB pilots, and another year at our current rate to get what FO's out of that 435 that want to upgrade. So by the end of the year, you may be getting through those pilots that want to upgrade from that list (100 at most that have no desire to upgrade??) So now you are in 2016 and you can finally start upgrading the 2008 hires. There were around 100 pilots hired that are still here, and then you can start on the 2010 hires (39xxx numbers). That is still a 6 year upgrade.

You have 566 FO's to upgrade before you even start on the 2011 hires and we won't get those done within 18 months. I would love to be sunshine and unicorns, but I don't see us getting to a 3 or 4 year upgrade simply because we can't upgrade FO's to CA's fast enough while also training new FO's. That is the scary situation we are facing and what I would guess is keeping those in SGU that still care up at night.

ClickClickBoom
01-28-2015, 07:52 AM
Sounds good until you factor in ASA/Expressjet.

Nevets
01-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Sounds good until you factor in ASA/Expressjet.

What do you mean?

skiK2
01-28-2015, 08:36 AM
People keep saying this but I don't think it is a close as everyone says. Most Jr CA in the last award was hired 12/31/08 so that is a six year upgrade. However, a bulk of the class was 11/07 hires (7 year upgrade) We have around 110 EMB CA to move over, plus 435 FO's that are above the most Jr CA.

That would mean around 6 months to just transition all the EMB pilots, and another year at our current rate to get what FO's out of that 435 that want to upgrade. So by the end of the year, you may be getting through those pilots that want to upgrade from that list (100 at most that have no desire to upgrade??) So now you are in 2016 and you can finally start upgrading the 2008 hires. There were around 100 pilots hired that are still here, and then you can start on the 2010 hires (39xxx numbers). That is still a 6 year upgrade.

You have 566 FO's to upgrade before you even start on the 2011 hires and we won't get those done within 18 months. I would love to be sunshine and unicorns, but I don't see us getting to a 3 or 4 year upgrade simply because we can't upgrade FO's to CA's fast enough while also training new FO's. That is the scary situation we are facing and what I would guess is keeping those in SGU that still care up at night.

The most junior CA on the last award was a 01/07/2008 hire, so your math will be a tad off.

FaceBiter
01-28-2015, 08:50 AM
Isn't it 36 upgrades a month now (not 18) as well?

MiLa
01-28-2015, 08:55 AM
Isn't it 36 upgrades a month now (not 18) as well?

I've read conflicting numbers on this. TG stated in it would be 35 per month in his update, but on the conference call SL said 18...

FaceBiter
01-28-2015, 09:09 AM
Sounds like they have no idea what is going on. So, situation normal.

Jet87
01-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Sounds like they have no idea what is going on. So, situation normal.

If you look at the awards when they come out every month it's been more than 18. I've counted each month and it's usually 25-30 FOs being awarded CA positions

FaceBiter
01-28-2015, 09:53 AM
That's good news.

Seminole00
01-28-2015, 10:40 AM
If you look at the awards when they come out every month it's been more than 18. I've counted each month and it's usually 25-30 FOs being awarded CA positions

I counted 41 upgrades this month.

disillusioned
01-28-2015, 10:46 AM
The most junior CA on the last award was a 01/07/2008 hire, so your math will be a tad off.

You're right. My bad. But we still have tons of FO's to get through before we get to the 2011 hires. I don't see that happening this year.

We have 2 upgrade classes for February that would be 40 upgrades. January had 38 CRJ upgrades and 14 ERJ upgrades.

Only one CRJ scheduled so far for March. I guess a couple upgrades could sneak into the 3 ERJ classes.

Jet87
01-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet87

I counted 41 upgrades this month.

True, I haven't been writing any numbers down I just know it's been much more than 18

FlyinRabbit88
01-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Just keep this in mind, back in 2008 there was no March new hire class, then Brasilia new hire classes for April,May, and June where only 28 remain from those classes. Then no hiring for 3 years. The next award will prob get to the last 3 classes in April or May and 2011 hires will be right behind them. So it's more than likely that 2011 hires will upgrade in the junior bases of MSP and ORD later this year and early 2016

Squallrider
01-28-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm a mid 2011 hire and about 260 from uogrsde at 20-30 a month (more than that at the moment) Id upgrsde by the end
Of the year if you everything stays as is.

word302
01-29-2015, 07:00 AM
You're right. My bad. But we still have tons of FO's to get through before we get to the 2011 hires. I don't see that happening this year.

We have 2 upgrade classes for February that would be 40 upgrades. January had 38 CRJ upgrades and 14 ERJ upgrades.

Only one CRJ scheduled so far for March. I guess a couple upgrades could sneak into the 3 ERJ classes.

You're assuming every FO will upgrade in seniority order. At Delta the upgrade just dropped to 7 years. Most junior captain is like 85% with the company. Skywest upgrade will be down to around 4 years in the next couple months.

disillusioned
01-29-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm a mid 2011 hire and about 260 from uogrsde at 20-30 a month (more than that at the moment) Id upgrsde by the end
Of the year if you everything stays as is.

There are 566 FO's more senior to the first hire in 2011. Are you looking at the Standing Bid list or seniority list? I don't have my bid on the SB since we can't turn it down anymore, and I don't want to have to worry about it. Maybe 50% of these FO's have no desire to upgrade, but I feel most are like me and will put their bid in when they can hold what they want. Plus you still have 90 EMB Captains that will need to transition in the next couple months.

Again, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, I have just been around here long enough to not get my hopes up to quick. Maybe if we ever get some decent reserve rules or proffering, people would be more likely to upgrade? I know I won't upgrade to reserve. Can't imagine trying to commute while getting worked over by SS.

word302
01-29-2015, 07:45 AM
There are 566 FO's more senior to the first hire in 2011. Are you looking at the Standing Bid list or seniority list? I don't have my bid on the SB since we can't turn it down anymore, and I don't want to have to worry about it. Maybe 50% of these FO's have no desire to upgrade, but I feel most are like me and will put their bid in when they can hold what they want. Plus you still have 90 EMB Captains that will need to transition in the next couple months.

Again, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, I have just been around here long enough to not get my hopes up to quick. Maybe if we ever get some decent reserve rules or proffering, people would be more likely to upgrade? I know I won't upgrade to reserve. Can't imagine trying to commute while getting worked over by SS.

It's not that they have no desire to upgrade, it's that they are waiting to upgrade in their chosen base. Look how many SLC FO's are waiting for the upgrade and only bidding SLC. The upgrade will come much sooner for those willing to take the earliest upgrade in any base.

Squallrider
01-29-2015, 02:02 PM

I'm looking at last upgrade senority - my senority

skiK2
01-31-2015, 07:14 AM
It's not that they have no desire to upgrade, it's that they are waiting to upgrade in their chosen base. Look how many SLC FO's are waiting for the upgrade and only bidding SLC. The upgrade will come much sooner for those willing to take the earliest upgrade in any base.

Those FOs in SLC aren't the sharpest tools in the shed if they're waiting to upgrade into SLC. That base is more likely to close before it sees anymore growth, which in turn would allow those FOs to upgrade into SLC.

amcnd
01-31-2015, 07:59 AM
Those FOs in SLC aren't the sharpest tools in the shed if they're waiting to upgrade into SLC. That base is more likely to close before it sees anymore growth, which in turn would allow those FOs to upgrade into SLC.

Very shocking to sea SEA Captain way JR. To SLC Captain!!! Never thought that day would come...

FaceBiter
01-31-2015, 08:24 AM
FO SEA (CRJ/ERJ) and FO PDX (ERJ), getting awarded to some pretty junior people. SEA 175 going to late November hires. Are they even done with IOE?

BATOL
01-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilottim79

That's funny, guys at Endeavor are getting $80,000 to stay. $5000 is pretty laughable! Good luck with that.

Cruz5350
01-31-2015, 02:03 PM
That's funny, guys at Endeavor are getting $80,000 to stay. $5000 is pretty laughable! Good luck with that.

They're getting 80k to keep ppl in their seats. Nobody is bailing from SKW like they're from Endeavor.

gojo
01-31-2015, 02:08 PM
They're getting 80k to keep ppl in their seats. Nobody is bailing from SKW like they're from Endeavor.

That 80k is available to new hires also. They would probably call it a sign on bonus. Nice thing about Endeavor is all pilots get the same bonus rather than just offer it to new hires. It's all about personal perspective

Cruz5350
01-31-2015, 04:02 PM
That 80k is available to new hires also. They would probably call it a sign on bonus. Nice thing about Endeavor is all pilots get the same bonus rather than just offer it to new hires. It's all about personal perspective

It's totally a different scenario than what any other regional is going through at least that's my opinion.

Is offline
01-31-2015, 04:55 PM
Most of the FO's that are leaving have been here less than a year. That really hurts bottom line but I don't blame the guys at all. The upgrades at Skywest could never come if they shrink the company like they are saying....

Caution Terrain
01-31-2015, 05:37 PM
Forgive my plight and ignorance, but who is saying SKW is shrinking? -200s parking?

gojo
01-31-2015, 05:41 PM
Forgive my plight and ignorance, but who is saying SKW is shrinking? -200s parking?

Didn't they say last summer that they wanted to become smaller and focus on quality? I'm sure I didn't use the same words, but that's what I got out of it anyy

Caution Terrain
01-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Hmm 100 a month out of one side and shrinking out of the other...

FaceBiter
01-31-2015, 05:53 PM
They said on the conference call there are two plans. Shrink and grow.

Announcing 100 a month shortly afterwards should say what "plan" they're trying first. If they're able to get anywhere near that combined wth attrition and 40+ upgrades a month things are going to get interesting.

Is offline
01-31-2015, 06:19 PM
They have said multiple times that they would like to focus on quality and not quantity. They will never find 100/month.

Caution Terrain
01-31-2015, 06:31 PM
Maybe they shot for 70 got 50, so shoot for 100 and get 70? Who knows. I'll just be hanging on to my bags for now.

kfahmi
01-31-2015, 08:14 PM
They said on the conference call there are two plans. Shrink and grow

And at the same time, too!!

Concorde001
01-31-2015, 08:21 PM
And at the same time, too!!
How can they grow and shrink at the same time? I will never understand this industry! LOL

Cruz5350
01-31-2015, 08:38 PM
Shrink the CRJ grow the 175 I don't know just a guess.

FaceBiter
01-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Shrink if we're talking pilot pay negotiations.

Grow if we're at a shareholder meeting.

NVUS
02-01-2015, 03:59 AM
I'm pretty sure any conference call you are speaking of was referring to ExpressJet and not SkyWest Airlines.

Flip69
02-01-2015, 07:09 AM
I'm pretty sure any conference call you are speaking of was referring to ExpressJet and not SkyWest Airlines.

They are talking about the call that SAPA had with Shane included last week. He said they have a plan to shrink and a plan to grow and will act on one. The winner is going to be the plan to shrink. UA Is hellbent on getting rid of the 50 seat aircraft ASAP and this will help SkyWest return to its core value. But at the expense of pilot jobs in the next 3-5 years.

SongMan
02-01-2015, 09:21 AM
So does this make SkyWest a poor choice for a new hire? I have not much option IF I wanted to stay in N. California.

Caution Terrain
02-01-2015, 09:25 AM
All regionals are a gamble in my opinion Songman. compass skywest horizon. You have to F one, Marry one, Kill one.

SongMan
02-01-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm just wondering if SkyWest shrinking is so obvious that even someone living in SFO should think about moving to get different regional. That's if one wants to live in base.

amcnd
02-01-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm just wondering if SkyWest shrinking is so obvious that even someone living in SFO should think about moving to get different regional. That's if one wants to live in base.
Come to SKW. SFO will be easy to get. Don't let the negitive guys get you down. Were hiring 100 a month (well trying to). There is always 2 plans. Grow and shrink. Been that for a long time. But we always seem to go with the grow option...

Flip69
02-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Come to SKW. SFO will be easy to get. Don't let the negitive guys get you down. Were hiring 100 a month (well trying to). There is always 2 plans. Grow and shrink. Been that for a long time. But we always seem to go with the grow option...

What if it's not an option? What if so many leave that staffing what flying is left is impossible? What if UA makes good on getting used 320/737 aircraft to replace as many 50 seat aircraft as they can (announced recently) what if more contracts get taken by other regionals who can fly the routes for cheaper. Remember. Skywest is contract feed and in some cases, they don't have "options". They take what they can if it works for them. As it is, attrition is starting to outpace hiring capability. And SkyWest hasn't won a major contract in quite a while. Not a good sign. Might sound negative, but to keep thinking any regional can just choose to grow in the current market is naive at the least.

Additional info

"On the express side, we want to replace many of the 50-seat aircraft in our fleet today. To do this in a disciplined manner, we are continuing to explore opportunities in the used aircraft market (737,A320) to replace these aircraft without appreciably increasing our capital expenditures. In addition to taking advantage of the used aircraft market, we are making investments in our existing fleet to extend the useful life and better utilize the assets that we have, as demonstrated by our recent decision to extend the life of some of our 767- 300s.

PSpuza
02-01-2015, 04:17 PM
If this were to happen, which bases have the most CRJ-200's? Where would they see the loss of aircraft/flying? DEN? ORD?

FaceBiter
02-01-2015, 04:23 PM
They're hiring every warm body they can. I'm guessing they're going for the grow option first.

kfahmi
02-01-2015, 05:36 PM

I'm just fresh off IOE, but I have to say that I haven't a clue why SKW is trying to hire 100/month. Here's why:

1) Long sim delays mean that guys are getting paid (admittedly, almost nothing) to sit around for up to 8 weeks between training sessions

2) Looking at the reserve utilization for January, it's apparent that even the most junior reserves are hardly flying. I couldn't find anyone in SFO on reserve in the RJ who flew more than 12 hours in January (not counting IOE/OOE trips and trips they voluntarily picked up on their days off.) Heck, I even volunteered for ready reserve yesterday and today (since I'm sitting AM reserve anyways) and was told I'm not needed.

Sure, there's attrition, but it's not 100/month. If you include upgrades and resignations, SKW is losing maybe 30-40 FOs per month.

Perhaps all the growth will be on the ERJ side. And perhaps this reserve inactivity is due to the fact that the holiday flying season is over, and the bat guano will hit the air conditioner in the summertime. But from my very uninformed and limited perspective, we have way more FOs than we know what to do with...

FaceBiter
02-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Line holders are being forced 90-100+ hours every month. Sked+is useless. The reserve staffing company wide is critically low with tons of training going on. 12 new DL 200's are showing up, the UA 175's are barely half delivered and the AK 175 deal starts soon. Believe me they don't just offer double time because everything is a ok. March and this summer should be interesting. If the reserve utilization was low in your base last month, prepare to get your TDY on.

amcnd
02-01-2015, 06:55 PM
January is always a low block month. Wait tell March!!!

wrxpilot
02-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Kfahmi,

This is the slow time of year. It will be MUCH different as summer approaches, which is what they're hiring for right now.

WesternSkies
02-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Forced Ten days off, more than 100 hours credit.
I'm timing out soon.
Enjoy the free time.
They will get more sim time.

FlyinRabbit88
02-02-2015, 05:48 AM
The messed up part is that if you time out its "your fault" even if you are awarded month after month of 90 hours plus of block.

yerongard
02-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Scheduled for the interview next week.
Assuming the option is still available, what would everyone at SKW choose aircraft wise if they were in a position such as mine, CRJ or E175?
SFO base would be ideal.

Luv2Rotate
02-02-2015, 10:07 AM
CRJ..........

word302
02-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Scheduled for the interview next week.
Assuming the option is still available, what would everyone at SKW choose aircraft wise if they were in a position such as mine, CRJ or E175?
SFO base would be ideal.

CRJ. You're seniority will improve exponentially faster on the CRJ, especially in SFO. You can transition anytime after a year.

Utah
02-02-2015, 04:26 PM
I think it went to 24 months on the seat lock a year ago. Someone more knowledgeable should comment on it, but I don't think you can transition for 24 months.

That said, take the CRJ.

word302
02-02-2015, 04:28 PM
I think it went to 24 months on the seat lock a year ago. Someone more knowledgeable should comment on it, but I don't think you can transition for 24 months.

That said, take the CRJ.

Nope, it's only 24 months for the bro, which will be nonexistent in a few months.

rickair7777
02-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Nope, it's only 24 months for the bro, which will be nonexistent in a few months.

Correct, everything else is 12 months (except voluntary downgrade, which has always been 14 months).

kfahmi
02-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Correct, everything else is 12 months (except voluntary downgrade, which has always been 14 months).

Are we sure about that? In the new PPM it looks like 24 months...

rickair7777
02-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Are we sure about that? In the new PPM it looks like 24 months...

Yes.

Read it again, it's confusing.

The 24 month jet-to-jet lock is for a transition following a transition, ie a CRJ guy who goes to the ERJ and decides he doesn't like it has to wait 24 months to come back.

Several paragraphs down it states the standard seat lock is 12 months, which applies to new-hires.

1Barracuda
02-09-2015, 09:24 PM
You'll probably have a 7 year upgrade. SkyWest is extremely top heavy with senior pilots. Anyone looking to join a regional airline will be much better off going to Endeavor, Compass or even Mesa. Plus the training & AQP is difficult now with a new guy at the helm of CRJ training.

Caution Terrain
02-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Eeeewwwwww.....Barracuda
JuggdadaJuggdadaJuggdadaJuggdada Ja Ja!
It's a Heart song guys. Come on.

Squallrider
02-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Unless the music stops there won't be a 7 year upgrade much longer. There's 2.5 years of no hiring and the FO that was the plug is eligible for upgrade on crj next bid. I've been here almost 4 years and I'm about 250 from upgrade on crj and moving up about 20-30 a month.

Luv2Rotate
02-10-2015, 05:27 AM
You'll probably have a 7 year upgrade. SkyWest is extremely top heavy with senior pilots. Anyone looking to join a regional airline will be much better off going to Endeavor, Compass or even Mesa. Plus the training & AQP is difficult now with a new guy at the helm of CRJ training.

Upgrades will more likely be between 3-4yrs in junior domiciles. We're almost to Emp #'s where hiring stopped for 2yrs. Then you'll see upgrades into the 40's by fall/winter.

I would NEVER recommend anyone to go to Endeavor. Remember 9E is going to 81 airframes. If upgrading is your priority, it ain't happening at 9E. Mesa, medical insurance will eat nearly 50-65% of your pay. I agree, Compass would be a good choice.

ClickClickBoom
02-10-2015, 05:59 AM
Unless the music stops there won't be a 7 year upgrade much longer. There's 2.5 years of no hiring and the FO that was the plug is eligible for upgrade on crj next bid. I've been here almost 4 years and I'm about 250 from upgrade on crj and moving up about 20-30 a month.

Assuming you want to "sit" reserve as a Capt. Movement at the bottom of the f/o list is fast, not so much on the ca list. Trust me, you don't want to sit reserve any longer than necessary, and ca reserve is a longer than newhire. You will want to quit....

Luv2Rotate
02-10-2015, 06:02 AM
Assuming you want to "sit" reserve as a Capt. Movement at the bottom of the f/o list is fast, not so much on the ca list. Trust me, you don't want to sit reserve any longer than necessary, and ca reserve is a longer than newhire. You will want to quit....

Mormon hell indeed, no booze or fornicating happening. (Thumbs down)

prior121
02-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Mesa, medical insurance will eat nearly 50-65% of your pay. I agree, Compass would be a good choice.

If you are insuring a family of 5....

I pay $120 a month and I have full medical vision & dental....

ClickClickBoom
02-10-2015, 06:32 AM
Mormon hell indeed, no booze or fornicating happening. (Thumbs down)
How many other regionals have CAs downgrading back to f/o? More than a few at SKYW.

Luv2Rotate
02-10-2015, 06:47 AM
How many other regionals have CAs downgrading back to f/o? More than a few at SKYW.

I can see that from a SLC guy upgrading into a junior domicile and having buyers remorse. But not a person living East or in domicile downgrading.

disillusioned
02-10-2015, 07:06 AM
I dont see that occurring in ANY junior domicile. I can see it happening further westward.

Happened in ORD. With hiring picking up at majors, you will see it less. Just goes to show how horrible it is to be on reserve here.

Caution Terrain
02-10-2015, 07:20 AM
I think Compass is a solid choice. I haven't heard any complaints about the ride over there. It may be different soon though, as they're facing challenges as well. Their training department really has to step it up soon it sounds like to get upgrades done.

Paid2fly
02-10-2015, 10:35 PM
I think Compass is a solid choice. I haven't heard any complaints about the ride over there. It may be different soon though, as they're facing challenges as well. Their training department really has to step it up soon it sounds like to get upgrades done.

Never work for a Hulas owned corporation if you have the choice!

vilcas
02-11-2015, 02:22 AM
Endeavor is paying 20k extra per year. People have started coming and large number upgrade time will be dropping by summertime you will see max capacity upgrades.

Bestshooter
02-11-2015, 03:31 AM
Endeavor is paying 20k extra per year. People have started coming and large number upgrade time will be dropping by summertime you will see max capacity upgrades.

Lol that is funny .... Keep selling it !!

AlaskaBound
02-11-2015, 05:23 AM

You all keep talking about upgrades that will be happening. Until those massive upgrade realignments/vacancies start actually happening, maybe you should hold your breath and stop sipping the kool-aid your management is feeding you.

SkyWest is a much better choice at this point than Endeavor. With or without a bonus, it's the place to go. It's a huge pilot group so it'll take a lot of movement for you to see an upgrade but that massive movement is happening...with proof. Unlike Endeavor. Endeavor is the most volatile because they're wholly owned and a CRj900 fleet. Delta can move around the 900 fleet so easily...shrink it one day and grow it the next all without breaking a contract because they're wholly owned.

gojo
02-11-2015, 06:07 AM
You all keep talking about upgrades that will be happening. Until those massive upgrade realignments/vacancies start actually happening, maybe you should hold your breath and stop sipping the kool-aid your management is feeding you.

SkyWest is a much better choice at this point than Endeavor. With or without a bonus, it's the place to go. It's a huge pilot group so it'll take a lot of movement for you to see an upgrade but that massive movement is happening...with proof. Unlike Endeavor. Endeavor is the most volatile because they're wholly owned and a CRj900 fleet. Delta can move around the 900 fleet so easily...shrink it one day and grow it the next all without breaking a contract because they're wholly owned.

And who's drinking the kool aid? Pot meet kettle

ClickClickBoom
02-11-2015, 07:48 AM
I can see that from a SLC guy upgrading into a junior domicile and having buyers remorse. But not a person living East or in domicile downgrading.
Spent more than a few years on reserve at SKYW, almost quit to go dig ditches. Reserve is a special form of Hades on earth, sometimes it will be OK followed by a special cornholing that feels very personal. SKYW reserve is like no other organization, except for an Alabama chain gang, or Sheriff Joe's tent city in AZ.

yerongard
02-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Spent more than a few years on reserve at SKYW, almost quit to go dig ditches. Reserve is a special form of Hades on earth, sometimes it will be OK followed by a special cornholing that feels very personal. SKYW reserve is like no other organization, except for an Alabama chain gang, or Sheriff Joe's tent city in AZ.
What's so bad about the reserve at SKYW? Just trying to get the heads up!

amcnd
02-11-2015, 07:15 PM
What's so bad about the reserve at SKYW? Just trying to get the heads up!

If you live in base its good... But if your SLC reserve ther abuse you.. Spend most your time in any other domicile but your own...(thats a product of SLC being to big)

Paid2fly
02-12-2015, 01:59 AM

Because being owned by Delta means everything, ask a Comair pilot!

Blackwing
02-14-2015, 02:44 PM
$7500 signing bonus for CRJ-typed pilots. Not bad.

Is offline
02-14-2015, 06:15 PM
$7500 signing bonus for CRJ-typed pilots. Not bad.

Who in their right mind would come here when they had a CL-65 type? $7500 is not a bonus it's just a start in the right direction of first year pay.